Roush Mustang on the freeway (Interesting)

This is a discussion on Roush Mustang on the freeway (Interesting) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Me and my friend were going down the freeway on our way to a little import meet here in Jackson ...

Roush Mustang on the freeway (Interesting)

Me and my friend were going down the freeway on our way to a little import meet here in Jackson and we were talking about this silver Roush mustang that we see around town every now and then. We dont' know what's done to the car but we both think it's the best looking mustang we've ever seen before. Well just as we're talking about it I look over to the right of me and THERE IT IS. The driver was looking right at me and he was sticking right next to me. I didn't waste any amount of time. I down shifted and floored it. I was slowly but surely pulling ahead and as we were about to get around 130 we see a car ahead. the mustang moved into the lane to the right of him to go around the car. I was already in the far left lane. Me and my friend both notice at about the same time that the tail lights hurling twords us look way too much like those of a Crown Vic. But I knew that I wasn't going to actually slow down from 130 in time in case he was a cop. Before we had time to do anything else me and the Roush fly by him, me by his left side and him by the guys right side. Sure enough it was a cop. I ditch the mustang and shoot over to get off at the very next exit. We turn off of the ramp and go weaving through Jackson for about five minutes. I was scared as Sh*t. I knew they'd have my ass for 130+ in a 60. Eventually we started back to the import meet thing by way other than the freeway and the rest of the night was cool. I don't know if the cop just didn't have time to turn on his lights or something because I never saw them in my rear view. But then he was only there for a few seconds before he was out of our view. Either way I bet he's a little bothered by the fact that he didn't get us though. As for the mustang, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Roush package with the supercharger. They have like over 350 horse power dont' they? I think he would have beat me if that were the case. But he did do better than that cobra I raced a while ago. And I still think that by far the Roush mustangs are the coolest looking mustangs there are.
    Orin's 2002 WRX Features.....
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The cop probably thought it was some of his buddies playing mind games with him ... hehe.

I mean, really, how many people are going to fly past cops and not expect to be caught? If I were that cop, and it was an empty highway, I'd be laughing ...

Suprising isn't it? About the Mustang. I only say it becuase I came to find out how much power they put out and it wasn't nearly as much as I thought. I went to this little local car show (dealers all contribute some cars) and Ford had a Roush supercharged Mustang there. They had the specs on a sheet in the window and it said it was 360hp and somewhat similar torque.

I was pretty floored becuase those are sea level hp #'s. I live at 6000ft. so take off about 20% of that power and you are left with 285hp and somewhat similar torque. Now that would be almost beatable by a mildly-highly modified WRX.

Just to give some idea I went to the track in Denver this past weekend and stock "looking" SS Camaros and Mustangs were in the very high 14's to low 16's range. Where as a stock WRX pulled off a 14.9 I think it was.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

So it was probably just one of the Mustangs with a the body cladding, suspension and the rims? That's too bad. You should be more careful though. Running on the top end is alot worse then a simple stop light drag. Not many guys get to 130mph from stop light to stop light. Chalk that one up as a near miss and avoid the situation in the future.

Cool roush...

yea, i posted about this same thing about a month ago.. the stageII is just suspension, rims, tires, exhaust and intake plus all the body add ons. it is one of the best looking but not if any faster than a stock mustang GT.. race him from a dead stop next time and all he will see is tail lights... make sure you have at least a MBC and exhaust...nice kill