STi vs Grand Prix COMP G!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs Grand Prix COMP G!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hahaha. i noticed the guy next to me kept looking at my car...so i figured what the heck. so i ...

STi vs Grand Prix COMP G!!!

hahaha. i noticed the guy next to me kept looking at my car...so i figured what the heck. so i roll off the line, then punch it putting about 10+ cars on him till i shifted into 5th gear and slowed down. when i slowed to turn, my friend said he was giving me the thumbs up.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good kill.
    2003 SRT-4

RICER!

Originally posted by rmh_158
    RICER!
    huh?

I heard the new GTP's are actually slower than their predecessor's - does anyone know if that's true?

Also, are they as "mod friendly" as their predecessor's? I know next to NOTHING about Pontiac's, so just wondering.

Oh yea, good run...I guess he wanted to see the power of the STI and you gave it to him I think that's half the races you guys in the STI's get - a slower car just wants to see you run.

You need to go Evo hunting or something, have a little good, clean fun.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    I heard the new GTP's are actually slower than their predecessor's - does anyone know if that's true?

Also, are they as "mod friendly" as their predecessor's? I know next to NOTHING about Pontiac's, so just wondering.

Oh yea, good run...I guess he wanted to see the power of the STI and you gave it to him I think that's half the races you guys in the STI's get - a slower car just wants to see you run.

You need to go Evo hunting or something, have a little good, clean fun.
    That's how the "races" go... However, keep in mind while hunting that certain models are only native to some areas. There are those of us who live in the desolate auto wastelands and have nothing impressive nearby.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Yes the new GTP's are slower than the previous model. They are running 15.0-15.1's. You can attribute that to more weight but a better ride. They are modding nicely just like the previous models, there is already a member over at clupgp in the 13's with the Comp G.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    They are modding nicely just like the previous models, there is already a member over at clupgp in the 13's with the Comp G.
    still woulda been owned

True, but there are quite a few older gen's that will show you what their backside looks like!
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

still woulda been owned
    Doesn't someone have a big head?

Nice kill, but just remember there is More Fast..like the Nike Ad. Gator is right there are alot of GTPs that would show you some taillight quite easily.....I have 3 in my club that are running 12s...12.48, 12.61 and 12.9. A few others are not far behind.

smokey, the new GP and the previous gen have the same engine..not much diffrent other than a new "revised" blower(probably just P&P) throttle by wire..instead of the classic cable opening the throttle plate. Other than that not much else has changed except for weight......STUPID GM!
    Stock or something close to it.....

Originally posted by soon2BWRXd

Nice kill, but just remember there is More Fast..like the Nike Ad. Gator is right there are alot of GTPs that would show you some taillight quite easily.....I have 3 in my club that are running 12s...12.48, 12.61 and 12.9. A few others are not far behind.

smokey, the new GP and the previous gen have the same engine..not much diffrent other than a new "revised" blower(probably just P&P) throttle by wire..instead of the classic cable opening the throttle plate. Other than that not much else has changed except for weight......STUPID GM!
    You do realize that with a 12.9, the GTP will not be easily showing an STi its taillights, right? It would barely squeeze by, if even that. Then, since we're comparing stock STi to modded GTP...slap turbo-back on the STi and the GTP falls back once more. I'll give them respect for running in the 12s, but it's a far cry from making it "easy" for them to beat an STi. The STi is not the god of cars by any stretch, but it still isn't too easy to beat for most cars.

RN

You do realize that magazine racing is just that....professional drivers at work....I have seen 3 STi's at the track and they are all running mid 13s.....pretty bad ass! But lets be honest without a good driver the STi is just another car.

And don't get me wrong...obviously you missed my opening sentence..There is ALWAYS someone faster...and the potential of a STi or even a WRX FAR surpasses what you can do with a GP. I was trying to point out that just because someone beat a Stock GTP doesn't nessacarily mean that all GPs will go down so easy.

Gator, you have to agree with me that this board is FAR better than ClubGP...I mean the guys here actually discuss their opinions rather than just starting a flame war...LOL!

Hmmm if only I could start my new job sometime before December, there would be a WRX in my driveway right now!

You do realize that magazine racing is just that....professional drivers at work....I have seen 3 STi's at the track and they are all running mid 13s.....pretty bad ass! But lets be honest without a good driver the STi is just another car.

And don't get me wrong...obviously you missed my opening sentence..There is ALWAYS someone faster...and the potential of a STi or even a WRX FAR surpasses what you can do with a GP. I was trying to point out that just because someone beat a Stock GTP doesn't nessacarily mean that all GPs will go down so easy.

Gator, you have to agree with me that this board is FAR better than ClubGP...I mean the guys here actually discuss their opinions rather than just starting a flame war...LOL!

Hmmm if only I could start my new job sometime before December, there would be a WRX in my driveway right now!
    I didn't miss it...I clarified the point. Any car is just a car when not well driven. Personally, I like to compare stock for stock though...'cause anything's possible with mods. Don't know where magazine racing comes into it but no biggie.

RN

I said that, because you said it doesn't beat the GP running 12.9 by much. And from what I have read STi's run 13.1...but from what I have seen they run 13.5....thats not close, thats .6 seconds off the pace! that is at least 1 car length..if not more.

But like you said it is good to compair stock for stock..but then you are compairing apples and Oranges when you compair a GTP to a STi...but oh well.

my car is not stock. and i dont have a big head, its just that i will be running well under 13's. on the highway, i have kept up (2 cars behind from 50-150, and the 2 cars were off the jump b/c of lag) with a LT1 trans am that runs low 12's. will be going to the track soon, so we'll see...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.