WRX vs Mustang GT vs GSX

This is a discussion on WRX vs Mustang GT vs GSX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First of all... I am reporting this third party. I still haven't decided on the wagon or sedan yet... My ...

WRX vs Mustang GT vs GSX

First of all... I am reporting this third party. I still haven't decided on the wagon or sedan yet...

My wife and I were driving home last night and were following behind the GT. The guys in the car were arses, cutting in and out of cars ect. Not a lot of traffic, 6 lane road, just being a ****.

Well, he came up beside an RSX and started reving at it, and the two of them started jumping at each other. Since we were coming up to the light I was excited, I love seeing a good drag (as long as its safe).

Low and behold!! as we get to the light a nice silver WRX wagon is in the far left lane. So it is:
    WRX | GT | GSX
    The GT and GSX are still reving at each other, Then I hear the WRX guy rev up and start to hold it there.
    I was Happy as **** now. The GT driver looks over and laughs at the WRX... I knew it was on then.

Light turns green... WRX has a damn near perfect launch. Jumps out a couple car lengths and starts pulling.

There isn't a lot of room till the next light, so they had to shut down at about 70mph (prime run for a WRX). As everyone is slowing down for the next light (intersection for on-ramps to hwy40). The WRX's light turns green( he was gettign on hwy), so he downshifts, and does a freaking awsome power slide the the intersection and onto the on-ramp and kicks it again. This was freaking bueatiful to watch, the guy could drive.

Good part of story:
    We get to the light beside the GT.

Driver: "What the ***** was that thing??!! ", "Did you see what it was?!"
    Passenger: {laughing} "I don't know man, but you just got your *****ing ass kicked by a wagon!!"

Best part of story:

My wife: " honey what kind of car was that?"
    Me: "wrx wagon, thats what I'm taking you to test drive this saturday."
    She was grinning ear to ear then..

Silver WRX wagon, Tinted glass, 17" wheels, Mod exhaust.
    If This was you in Winston-Salem, NC last night.
    Freaking awsome kill !!
    But that Power slide took the damn cake!

Lorak

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Hehe, why do Mustang GTs even try anymore? You would think by now that they would know they were hopelessly outclassed in every way possible by the WRX!! I'm jealous though, wish I could have witnessed the beauty of the kill!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Haha...

ROFL ... haha. Idiots ... stupid people ... haha . I still don't get raced even w/ my Tanabe Super Racing Medallion ... weird. Word must be getting around that the guy w/ the roof rack will race anyone.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Speaking of good GT kills, I just had one yesterday. I was doing 45 in a 45 and this guy goes past me at about 60 and we both glare at each other so I think he wants to race. We get to the light and I am behind him and the light turns green and he doesnt take off but I kept close to him and as soon as I shifted into 2nd he took off and so did I. He pulled a little only because he gunned it first. I dont know what it was but as soon as I shifted into 3rd I just pulled from him. I am sure it helped that I never took my foot off the gas and I sort of power shifted. It happened so quickly I dont remember exactly what I did but I do know it was the smoothest shifting I have ever done. My favorite thing about racing is seeing black smoke come out of the other guy's exhaust when shifting and then beating them. Also, maybe this guy knew about rex's pulling off the line so he waited untill 2nd to try to take me.

Beautiful story dood!

As for the part for people trying to race the WRX, I do get alot of people trying to take a peice of me.

Power slide

semi raced a Altima 2.5SE last night going from 60-80mph.. wasn't much of a race at all. I think it was an automatic.

The newer Mustang GTs was beside me on a 4 lane road. He kept reving up and speeding up besides me. I was going to turn left on a light, but the light turns red. I turned off my turn signals and it was on (since the lane can go straight or left). He kept reving his engine before the light turned green. As soon as the light turned green, I give it some gas and the race was over before he crossed the intersection. The beauty of All Wheel Drive I assume.

He drove by nicely with no revs this time because he knew he got owned and had no chance. Most people would keep acting thugish and reving if they think they had a chance like the Civics but he took it like a man.
    2002 Rally Blue WRX - Few mods