RSX is Crap
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on RSX is Crap within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; For your info, here in Australia the Type-R version only uses the RSX Type-S engine but with LSD, Recaros, full ...

RSX is Crap

For your info, here in Australia the Type-R version only uses the RSX Type-S engine but with LSD, Recaros, full JDM bodykit but only 16" wheels, etc. Same 147KW or 200HP engine as RSX-S.
    I went to test drive this car one day, the car was very beautiful inside and outside, I was hooked initially.

After 2 minutes warm up and with 98% empty tank, I started to cain it on the road with dealer inside (my friend!!) and fark was I disappointed. 1st gear took about 4-5 seconds to finish, shifted on red to 2nd gear so its in full iV-Tec zone and the car still wasn't pulling. Furthermore the engine noise was unrefined relative to the rest of car's look, and disappointing compared to older Type-R (B18C), and the redline's only 8000rpm.

I repeat. The car WASN't pulling at all and no shove in the back could be felt for the driver (the passenger can feel it of course because he's not the one driving). Same goes in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear, no pulling power. No, not even 1st gear.

Anyone who's WRX is being beaten by an RSX even on a roll, you seriously need to learn shifting gears a bit better because the WRX should be a hell of a lot faster car and even more so with only slight mods.

Very disappointed with the RSX indeed.
    Cornering wasn't that good either. It corners very well, high limits, etc, but the handling and feeling wasn't.

WRX is a lot faster car, trust me, except may be higher gears!!
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Yup, I agree. There isn't a single redeeming feature to be found in the RSX. Thanks for agreeing with me!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

RSXSucks, I can't believe it took you a whole 4 1/2 hours to respond to that. Do you actually sleep sometimes?
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

haha cnoff

Thumbs up

Originally posted by cnoff
    RSXSucks, I can't believe it took you a whole 4 1/2 hours to respond to that. Do you actually sleep sometimes?
    I will sleep only when the whole world knows how absolutely awesome the WRX is compared to the RSX. Believe it or not, there are still some people out there who would prefer to buy something other than a WRX! I know, I can't believe it myself, but it's the truth!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

I don't think the Type R Integra in Australia comes with the same specs as the RSX Type S in the States does it? I think that the RSX Type S here in the states(don't know model name in Australia?)is a fantastic car, but to compare it constantly with the WRX is ridiculous. Both cars have similarities and idiosyncrasies in their own right. To justify that speed is the only aspect of owning an automobile is lame. The WRX may have the upper hand in the speed department, or the 0-60 mph accleration, but the RSX has many attributes of its own. I know this thread was about the Type R in Australia, but I just had to alleviate some thoughts.
    One more thing, RSXSucks is just a troll that wanders hopelessly through WRX websites looking for another way upset people. I go to ClubRSX, but I don't start flame wars just for the sake of it. Grow up buddy, I know you have a Honda or Acura. Learn to appreciate what you have because others don't have the same fortune as everybody else.

Originally posted by RSXSucks

I will sleep only when the whole world knows how absolutely awesome the WRX is compared to the RSX. Believe it or not, there are still some people out there who would prefer to buy something other than a WRX! I know, I can't believe it myself, but it's the truth!

RSXsucks - this immediately reminded me of you.

What most people think of RSXSucks

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah you can't say a car sucks just because it dosent' pull, i'm sure it's a fun car to drive and different people look for differnt things when they buy a car.
    Tim
    Admin

Yeah you can't say a car sucks just because it dosent' pull, i'm sure it's a fun car to drive and different people look for differnt things when they buy a car.
    Very TRUE!
    And I'm sure the real JDM Type-R will be an awesome machine.

But I just wanted you guys to know that I think the WRX is a faster car than a RSX-S that's all!

I still haven't raced a RSX-S (Aussie Type-R) yet, but from my experience and my judgement, I think my S15 Silvia will walk at least 5 cars on it in the 1/4 mile to be absolutely minimum, but honestly I think that should be closer to 8-10 cars. And so should your slightest modded WRX (MBC, down pipe).
    Last edited by Iruka; 04-12-2002 at 03:08 PM.

For 1 thing I am sure is that Integra Type R /RSX Type S are a chick
    magnets. Most girls don't even notice my silver rex. But then when my friend and I cruise in his black 2000 Type-R, boy do they notice
    you.

REXsucks go and enjoy your car, a RSX is still better then let say a
    KIA
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Hell here in Australia ALL THE CHICKS even the ones that only ever read and read and read in the library know what's a WRX and they get really turned on when you tell them you drive a WRX or even better an STI edition....

Lots of young ladies drive WRXs themselves!

And my 'S15 Silvia in Black' is a Chick Magnet as well - not bluffing or being up myself just explaining the plain fact.

Type-Rs here are regarded as Boy Racers, they don't pull chicks at all as they're WHAT?? Turboless? S2000s don't really pull chicks here either whereas over there in the States I heard the chicks love it.

Oh well just shows how culturally different the 2 big muther countries are.

Iruka, you might be right. But then US is a whole different world.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

But I did hear the rumour that Honda Preludes and Toyota Celica GTS pull chicks as well in the states, now that f#$^% funnnnyy!!!

In Australia they sell alright too but no chick ever looks at them, chicks only DRIVE them because they are considered hairdressers' cars for taking boyfriends home when they're pissed! No offence to lude and GTS drivers.

In that regards, the Type-R isn't that bad afterall at least its considered a Boy Racer that might pull some....arr... developing chicks!

Humm ...

I surely didn't get my WRX to get women ... I would bought a used BMW 3 Series instead ... whatever, I'm having my fun w/ my WRX and that's all I care about.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Iruka, I think one of the reasons is that we in the States don't get
    a lot of real sport cars. Most of those nice European sport coupes
    are not available in the States. So these are some of the fast cars
    we get to buy and pick up chicks with.

Domestic :

Mustang GT and other custom versions.
    Camero SS
    Firebird Trans-am
    Corvette LT1, Z06
    Dodge Neon RT / SRT-4
    T-Birds