RSX is Crap - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on RSX is Crap within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You aren't missing a great deal. A WRX is a great car, lots of traction, speed, looks are disputable but ...

You aren't missing a great deal.
    A WRX is a great car, lots of traction, speed, looks are disputable but nothing a bodykit can't fix!!

Skylines R33 Gts-t and GTR and R34s and S15 Silvia are what you guys are really missing out on. I hope you get them sooner or later - although production will stop in August 2002 !
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Iruka you are exactly right. We never got the Nissen power toys.
    Now the GTR and Silva are all but fond memories ( at least you still
    got one ) at best.

Hope they will make the 350Z TT and rumor the new GTR. We might
    get lucky. Now that I tasted a fast AWD, I might not go back to rwd.
    Still nice to see so many fast cars on the road. Make driving more
    interesting. So far the rex is making me a very happy dude.

btw I got cousins living in Perth. I have never visited them
    They came to the States a few times though.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!
    i own a wrx but find myself defending rsx owners somehow. I just cant beleive that people would say the car is crap. I mean yes it is slower,yes it is fwd. But hey they get 4yr 50k mile warranty,better sound system,leather,sunroof,6sp. Im not saying these are all things that everyone wants but they are upgrades that some people want. Bang for the buck no doubt the wrx rules. But in the end for drag racers it will be the rsx running 9's and 10's while we are still in the high 11's breaking tranny's. Stock the rsx is not very impressive but put intake,exhaust,header,pulleys and a 50 shot of nos and you are low 13's. youll also roast a high 12 sec wrx easily in a roll on or highway race. My friends rsx is so fast on 60 mph roll its not even funny. when you say>>

"Anyone who's WRX is being beaten by an RSX even on a roll, you seriously need to learn shifting gears a bit better because the WRX should be a hell of a lot faster car and even more so with only slight mods. "

I know drag racing is done from a dead stop but sometimes you get caught on open road at 40-60mph and cant stop. so you race a roll on. How do you explain getting pulled in a 3rd gear roll on?? theres no shifting there?? My friends at the time had intake and cat back and i was stock. In a 3rd gear roll on he would beat me by 1-2 cars. also lets not forget the drive train loss on awd and the weight of our cars. i have see nan rsx dyno 179hp at the wheels stock. thats more than our cars put out. so why would a rollon at higher speeds make it not possible for an rsx to beat us??

Please, the only thing a RSX and WRX have in common is that they're in the same price bracket. Anyone who's tearing themselves apart trying to decide betwen a RSX and WRX should just go out and buy a SUV because you obviously have no idea what you want in a vehicle and are just looking for a status symbol.
    It was an absolute no brainer for me. I've wanted a Subaru for years. I've never been interested in Hondas torqueless engines and you've NEVER seen a Honda compete in the WRC. Not one Honda has left the factory with a turbo attached to it an I don't give a crap what the 1/4 mi is for any car. IMO you should be buying a WRX because of its rally heritage, not because it happens to be quick in 1/4 mi. If that's all you do you're enjoying about 1/10th of what the WRX has to offer. And the WRX has way more to offer than a RSX. The RSX is just a smaller version of an Acura CS. A sporty coupe. The WRX is in a whole different league.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

I know drag racing is done from a dead stop but sometimes you get caught on open road at 40-60mph and cant stop. so you race a roll on. How do you explain getting pulled in a 3rd gear roll on?? theres no shifting there?? My friends at the time had intake and cat back and i was stock. In a 3rd gear roll on he would beat me by 1-2 cars. also lets not forget the drive train loss on awd and the weight of our cars. i have see nan rsx dyno 179hp at the wheels stock. thats more than our cars put out. so why would a rollon at higher speeds make it not possible for an rsx to beat us??
    Sorry firstly - as what I am about to write is not intended to argue with you guys at all I think its nice to understand why things are the way they are, heehee??

Anyway, reasons why the RSX might beat WRX on a 3rd gear roll -may be because RSX has 6 shorter ratio gears? so chances are at that particular rolling speed (say, arrrr... 60-65mph) that the RXS is at or close to Vtec zone around 5.5-6k rpm, whereas the WRX in the same gear is actually sitting below its max boost range at about 3.5-4k rpm. Now I am not sure if my figures are accurate and I don't claim to be because I don't have them here now, but if say that is the case, then to confirm that I'm right is very easy - because as soon as both cars step on it at this particular rolling speed, the RSX would instantly pull on the WRX. If the roll on fight starts in 3rd at 70-75mph, however, the situation should be reversed where the WRX would pull in front. So it might depend on the gearing somehow.

As to the stock RSX getting more power to the wheels on the dyno, you have to understand that this Power is actually maximum power, measured at 7900rpm for the RSX, but this saids nothing about the acceleration of the car as that depends on the Total Area under the Curve (Power x Time) more than just max power. Because the WRX is a turbo car, it should have more mid-range power compared to a non-turbo's mid-range, which increases the total power under curve and therefore overall acceleration.

Since gearing matters so much with in gear acceleration drags, the next time an RSX takes on a WRX, pls make sure that the WRX driver won't be disadvantaged again in too high a gear where boost will need to build up first. Choose the right gear that will instantly give you the power to pull on the Honda.

Iruka, sounds like the 6spd tranny in the STI is our ticket

And apparently the six-speed gearbox in the new STI is very good to use as well and has been high commended by many drivers in Japan and Australia.....

There it goes ago, we always get everything last hahaha

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by Iruka
    Hell here in Australia ALL THE CHICKS even the ones that only ever read and read and read in the library know what's a WRX and they get really turned on when you tell them you drive a WRX or even better an STI edition....

Lots of young ladies drive WRXs themselves!

And my 'S15 Silvia in Black' is a Chick Magnet as well - not bluffing or being up myself just explaining the plain fact.

Type-Rs here are regarded as Boy Racers, they don't pull chicks at all as they're WHAT?? Turboless? S2000s don't really pull chicks here either whereas over there in the States I heard the chicks love it.

Oh well just shows how culturally different the 2 big muther countries are.

HMMMMMM S15 you lucky bastard, i love that car it and the 3rd generation rx7 are my all time favorite jap cars

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RSXracer200

HMMMMMM S15 you lucky bastard, i love that car it and the 3rd generation rx7 are my all time favorite jap cars
    and the supra doesn't make the list??? oh well, at least in the US, my two favs are the rx7 and the supra, cause those are the only ones you'll find here

Originally posted by Penguinking

and the supra doesn't make the list??? oh well, at least in the US, my two favs are the rx7 and the supra, cause those are the only ones you'll find here
    Of course they are HOT. They used both of them in Fast & Furious

Also they used a 450+hp TT Supra in that Euro racing video against
    a 450hp+ Cosworth Ford. The video is awesome

Originally posted by motormatrix
    i own a wrx but find myself defending rsx owners somehow. I just cant beleive that people would say the car is crap. I mean yes it is slower,yes it is fwd. But hey they get 4yr 50k mile warranty,better sound system,leather,sunroof,6sp. Im not saying these are all things that everyone wants but they are upgrades that some people want. Bang for the buck no doubt the wrx rules. But in the end for drag racers it will be the rsx running 9's and 10's while we are still in the high 11's breaking tranny's. Stock the rsx is not very impressive but put intake,exhaust,header,pulleys and a 50 shot of nos and you are low 13's. youll also roast a high 12 sec wrx easily in a roll on or highway race. My friends rsx is so fast on 60 mph roll its not even funny.
    A lot of the "advantages" of the RSX you listed disappear if you spend a little extra cash (i.e. extended warranty, better aftermarket sound system, aftermarket leather, around $3K total if you go all out). It's true no sunroof is available, if that's a critical purchasing decision you could always buy a GC8 Impreza and turbo it or do an engine swap... Even a 6 speed (much stronger) transmission is available, but that's cost prohibitive until/unless the STi comes out with it stock.

However, no amount of cash will give the RSX all wheel drive, it just won't fit in the car. And I really doubt you'll see any streetable 10 second RSX's, much less 9's. The FWD hondas that run 10s or better are gutted non street legal Civic CX's pushing 500+whp on drag slicks and wheelie bars that weigh 2000 lbs--the RSX is a 2700 lb car, do the math. An AWD streetable WRX (no NOS, street tires) needs around 500 whp to run low 10's, and this has already been done to a few WRX's in Australia. Yeah you need to run a dog box to hold that power, but if you think 10 second Civics run stock transmission, I've got a bridge to sell ya...

Of course Supras, RX-7s, DSMs, Corvettes, Mustangs, Skylines, among other cars, can probably be made to run (streetable) 10's a lot cheaper than a WRX, however, the RSX isn't even in the same league in mod potential, IMO. There may be "RSX Shaped" drag cars that look like an RSX on the outside and have a turboed RSX engine but are gutted to the chassis and rebodied in Lexan and fiberglass that run 10s, but that's about it. And try driving that car on a road course with it's wheelie bar, slicks, and undersized rear tires .

--Jason

Those DRAG Honda Civics and the newer RSXs are more for breaking records than anything else.
    Not streetable like you said...

By the way guys, I love RX7s too, but not really Supras because they are way too big and looks massive. Very good engine though, although you hardly ever see them on Best Motoring Videos.

Originally posted by Iruka
    Those DRAG Honda Civics and the newer RSXs are more for breaking records than anything else.
    Not streetable like you said...

By the way guys, I love RX7s too, but not really Supras because they are way too big and looks massive. Very good engine though, although you hardly ever see them on Best Motoring Videos.
    Yeah they are gutted and roll caged, no dash, 1 seat and noisy like
    hell, big slick up front small tire in the back.

To me they are racing cars and should be included in the
    determination of how fast a car can be. I you can't drive it on
    the street legally it doesn't count (that is in my book only).

Can someone pleasse build a WRX rocket propelled car (like a 6 sec
    one)

Ops correction.

Special build race car should not be included in the determination of
    now fast a street car can go after normal mods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12