wrx vs 90-94 turbo probe
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx vs 90-94 turbo probe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well tonight on my way to my gf's house i see a probe as a get to a stop light. ...

wrx vs 90-94 turbo probe

well tonight on my way to my gf's house i see a probe as a get to a stop light. black or blue, with red wheels. i think nothing of it and it would be hard to race anyways because it was on a hill. well we both start off normal but as we got to about 15-20 miles per hour i hear him slowly put on more gas. i also hear the turbo spool up so i also start putting more gas on it. by the time were going about 30 mph were both flooring it. i immeditly pull 1 car length on him and when he shifts i hear this loud ass PSHhsHSHShsHSSHsHhsH. by the end of second i gain some more ground. shift to third and we stay even with him gaining a little bit. we both shut down with a stop sign coming up and we both give peace signs and go on our ways.

i wanted to ask him what he had in his car but there were some cars coming behind us so it was too late. can anyone tell me the specs on the car? i was expecting him to be that fast. if anyone wanted to know, my mods are catback and unichip. it would probably have been alot closer if i had not had the chip. (just installed it today hehe )

ps i also raced a accord but i dont think its worth posting hehe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm fairly sure the probe GT or LX or regular model isn't turboed. so yeah, he might have gotten a stock wrx. if he's a GT model they run in the low 15's. but let's assume it is the GT model. with the turbo, it could easily add say another 50-90hp. now he gotta get an intercooler for the turbo. and of course now he gotta have the BOV as you had heard. i'm sure he didn't stop there, but already he has a considerable gain. so what maybe a 235-275hp probe? maybe more?

good kill!!, i think him pulling on you a little bit towards the end is a sure sign he got some more ponies than you did.

---RaCinWRX

Thumbs up

Great kill!! The WRX just keeps proving itself more and more each day with kills like this! Probes are crazy fast... but nope, not fast enough!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

is rsxsucks for real? or is he just a fake troll? haha.

actually ive been doing so research and the first gen probe was turbo stock. i think i got the years wrong but im not sure. heres the specs 145hp@ 4300rpm and 190tq(WOW)@ 3500rpm its a 2.2L 4, and the curb weight was 3,000 pounds. ive been askin around supposedly with little mods these things hit low 14's.

wow! stuff i never knew before!! makes me wonder why they stopped producing the turboed probes.

--RaCinWRX

Originally posted by RaCinWRX
    wow! stuff i never knew before!! makes me wonder why they stopped producing the turboed probes.

--RaCinWRX
    Or wonder why they stopped making it at all. My friend has a '94 GT and it's a sweet car. Handles great. Good power all over the place (from a 6 cyl). But alas, fwd and Ford make me not like it as much. a rwd probe would be sweet. They should bring that back and forget the 'new' T-bird. $30k waste of time. But a nice $22-25k Probe would be nice.

The orginal Turbo probe was a child of the SVO Mustang and the Mazda 626 GT. It was originaly tune to 200 HP to replace the Mustang, but that was killed and the car was severly detuned. The had alot of potential except for the week transmition and heavy torque steer. The next Gen of the Probe was a rebody of the Mazda MX6.

If you look how much power some of the SVO's are getting, you can see what Gen I Probes are capible of.

I'm sure that someone with a lot more knowledge about them than I can answer this better.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.