WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night I took my car out, I was alone and just felt like a cruise. Anyway, I usually never ...

WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa

Last night I took my car out, I was alone and just felt like a cruise. Anyway, I usually never provoke a street race, but this time I did, as it was always a dream for me to run a bike, and not just any old bike, a Suzuki Hyabusa (spelling?)
    I'm sure you guys know what this beast is, if you dont, I think it is a 1300cc 4 cylinder and is the fastest road bike it the world, quarter mile in 11 flat and a top speed of 320+km/h (approx 200mph)
    Anyway, I saw him on the freeway, and came next to him and tried to gee him up by reving my engine and all that. Anyway, he popped his wheel up and held it for a while (must know how to drive) then I knew it was on.
    To cut an already long story short, he was absolutely, and I mean ABSOLUTELY stunned when he realized that we were neck and neck, with me eventually pulling on him once I hit 6000rpm and up (about 2 car lengths) at about 240km/h. After that he would blow me because of gearing. He was a really nice guy as we pulled over and talked for ages. He begged me to take him for a ride, and when he stepped out after the ride, he said "wanna swap".
    I was a happy man that night
    Green 98 WRX (Old Gen)
    469hp @ wheels
    Quarter Mile: 10.39sec at 134mph
    Mods: Too much to list, except one: No NOS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hayabusa is fast, but not quick, and now if run into a GSX1000R, fireblade, or an R1, and it MIGHT be a different story.
    I have TL1000R, and it destorys my WRX within a second. you must have a sick-fast car. ( knowing that TLR is nothing compare with busa, don't even mention gixers.)
    next time you see a gixer (suzuki), run them, and bring us the joy of WRX beating a 9 second bike. ( no sarcasm)
    Last edited by slin02; 04-11-2002 at 07:32 AM.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

I did , that is why I said gixer will be a better match for him. a 9 second bike with a not so good rider (like me) equals he wins.

wow, 10 second street Subaru. I didn't know something like that existed.
    GSX1000R has like 140hp right? I can't imagine the power to weight ratio on that thing.

Suzuki GSX-R 1000 143.6 RWHP 374 lb dry= 437lb
    1/4= 9.76@148
    Suzuki GSX1300R aka Hayabusa 156.1 RWHP 480lb dry=550lb
    1/4=10.34@140.8
    now you do the math.

I love magazine racing,,,

Great kill!! I think the only bike I could beat is a Schwinn and even then... ?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Great kill!! I think the only bike I could beat is a Schwinn and even then... ?
    I saw a beach cruser, had the banana seat (adds 15 HP) and the airplane hangar bars (another 15HP). Not sure how much HP the tassles add but maybe you could run him in your RSX-S and find out.

I am pretty sure that the Kawasaki ZX-11R is the quickest production bike made. Car & Driver had the 10 quickest vehicles or something like that about a year ago and the ZX-11R was raced by a pro but with no bar in the back and he was able to run I think a 9.5 and he shifted half way through 1st. Also, has anyone seen the video a supra with 70 shot race a turbo Hayabusa at a 70mph roll? Now this is a fast car!

If you guys like Hyabusa's...check this link out. This is as close to 220MPH as I'll ever see...

http://www.netfall.com/WheelieBusa.wmv
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Originally posted by jmussetter
    If you guys like Hyabusa's...check this link out. This is as close to 220MPH as I'll ever see...

http://www.netfall.com/WheelieBusa.wmv
    Jesus Christ!

*right click, save *

....wow
    who else double checked to make sure it was 220 miles per hour and not kilimeters per hour? that was a nice break from my french composition
    o-|-<) bryan

I thought the Hayabusa was the quickest myself. Ive seen some at the tracks running low 9s all night long.

Gixxer 1000s are fast as well.

That video was freakin' awesome! My adrenaline was pumping just watching it! The white centerline was zipping by like crazy. The fastest I've ever had my bike was 150mph, that was plenty fast for me.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

actually , gixer 1000 is the quickiset(accel) ,but busa is the fastest (top end). yes it says 220 MPH, and busa is the king of motorcycle, as far as zx12R ( not 11, 11 sucked ), fast but not as well performed as busa.

If you look closely, he pegs the speedometer at 10,250 rpms and continues to accelerate up to 12,000 rpms so he was actually going faster than 220 mph indicated. There is a lot of error in speedometers at those speeds, the only sure way to know how fast he was going is a radar gun.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.