WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Ponm A buddy of mine just built a R1 with a turbo putting out around 300 at ...

Re: turbo

Originally posted by Ponm
    A buddy of mine just built a R1 with a turbo putting out around 300 at the wheels and getting ready to add a 40 shot. Still having trouble with detonation and keeping it running cool. He is hoping for a 7.9 in the quarter but feels he will probably be in the 8s. Everytime I helped him work on his bike I felt I was helping build his casket, considering this is going to be his daily bike.
    At the wheels? What is it 2 wheel drive?

Has he raced before? A 300 bhp road bike running 7s? sounds doubtful. I assume he'll fit a long swing arm and slam the bike. That's the only way it's gonna run 8s let alone 7s.

In street trim on stock wheel base it'll be a struggle to run 9s coz R1s are too wheelie happy to get serious power down.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We had to do both

We lowered the bike nearly two inches and fitted a longer swing arm the bike. This whole ordeal began with a buddy of his who has a busa with a 40 shot and each claiming they can build a better bike.

Wanna see a really fast car?

Man that things fast!! Runs a stock Busa close - might even have just beat it!

900bhp Viper. Tests were done from a roll on obviously as the bike would walk it out the hole.

Well worth the download - I though you 4 wheelled guys would like it - Enjoy!!

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/cgi-bi...c;f=1;t=012545

J-H
    Originally posted by BusaRider
    Firstly at least we can do 180+mph.
    BusaRider,

When was the last time you hit 180mph on your bike? I am serious man...I don't own a bike but I have riden a couple and 180mph is just too scary. I don't mean to disrespect you, but there are few people that are going 180mph on their bikes...

When you say that, it makes me think what kind of pros that the guy's subaru has over your bike:

- Well at least I can take 6 people with me,
    - Well at least I can drive in the snow,
    - Well at least I can yada, yada, yada...

That type of comparison if just weird if you ask me, but oh well...

I still love busas though Kepp it safe man....and don't go that fast

JH

damn someone find the video of the turbo supra beating the **** out of a hayabusa on the freeway.

Originally posted by J-H
    BusaRider,

When was the last time you hit 180mph on your bike? I am serious man...I don't own a bike but I have riden a couple and 180mph is just too scary. I don't mean to disrespect you, but there are few people that are going 180mph on their bikes...

When you say that, it makes me think what kind of pros that the guy's subaru has over your bike:

- Well at least I can take 6 people with me,
    - Well at least I can drive in the snow,
    - Well at least I can yada, yada, yada...

That type of comparison if just weird if you ask me, but oh well...

I still love busas though Kepp it safe man....and don't go that fast

JH
    Not as often as I used to on the road coz the club I'm in hire a 2 mile airstrip (RAF woodbridge) a couple of times a year so we can run in safety with no other traffic.
    Most I've seen on the road (GPS verified) is 190mph. A provate road of course <ahem>
    I probably go flat out (in top) on my bike once or twice a month at the most.

As I've said before I like Imprezas I test drove and nearly bought a new one in 97. But the four month wait for one with air con put me off at the time. Not knocking it any car that runs quicker than 12s is seriously impressive. I just don't believe (roll on) that a 420bhp car kept up with a hard ridden Busa!

Hope you enjoy the video that Viper is awesome!

Originally posted by B|2imstone
    damn someone find the video of the turbo supra beating the **** out of a hayabusa on the freeway.
    I've just posted a vid of a Viper running with a Busa - why would I be upset about another vid showing the same thing?

Then put the same Supra up against a 400+bhp Turbo busa and see how well it would do!

Ultimately a car tuned (money no object) will be faster than a bike. You've got more room for a bigger engine plus endless bolt ons and better traction. Look at drag racing, the top-fuel cars are faster than the bikes for exactly those reasons. Quit whinging I don't care!

The Supra didnt beat the Busa, not one time. You are talking about the "Walser" Supra, and I know the owner, Darren. He admitted himself he did not win ANY of the run ins he had with the Busas. How about the video I have of him LOSING to a busa? All you kids say Darren missed a shift, and he himself told me he did not. I have the post where he even backed down to racing me. I built an 830 hp supra in Knoxville. It was fast, but it would not beat the Viper in the video he is talking about.

I have a 400HP Turbo Busa, I know what it can do.

the vids r on kazaa, search for supra vs hayabusa, there should be a couple diff ones. ya its the walser supra, and from what i could see he beat the stock hayabusa from the 70mph roll, correct me if im wrong after u watch the video. in the other vid, the hayabusa he was racing ran a 9.0 from what the vid says, and it started pulling on the supra but the supra misshifted and let off so it kinda ended before it began. o ya and the ghostrider 500hp hayabusa is insane, his vids r crazy too.

Originally posted by B|2imstone
    the vids r on kazaa, search for supra vs hayabusa, there should be a couple diff ones. ya its the walser supra, and from what i could see he beat the stock hayabusa from the 70mph roll, correct me if im wrong after u watch the video. in the other vid, the hayabusa he was racing ran a 9.0 from what the vid says, and it started pulling on the supra but the supra misshifted and let off so it kinda ended before it began. o ya and the ghostrider 500hp hayabusa is insane, his vids r crazy too.
    Ghostrider will hopefully be attending our first club "flyer" meet this year - he's going to attempt a mile run on the back wheel at 225 mph.

What a mad man!

Ok, I will correct you. Darren was running NOS, with the turbo kicked in, and the bike was still pulling him. He didnt mis-shift, he put the car in Nu, and shut it down. The bike was pulling and leaving him, and he didnt want to waste anymore money, because his car gets worked on all the time. It takes a LOT for a car to run like that, and thats a stock bottom end.

Under his own admission, he didnt win any of the races, but they were close. He did however beat a GSXR1000.

Do you think that Supra could beat the Viper in that video? I dont think so, not at all. That Viper didnt win either. So how can that Supra win, and that Viper not win? It dont work like that.

Hayabusa Turbo

sorry guys, i saw a stock hayabusa run a 9.32 at the track... and Suzuki claims they do 0-60 in 2.00 seconds and run the quarter in 9.00
    you can argue with that track info all you want but i saw it with my own eyes and so did my friend that has a WRX that posts here

aside from that, the Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo has a single turbo setup and has a top speed of 220+mph, i have vids of them doing a wheelie all the way from 40 - 150mph+ .... now that's a ****ing crazy bike, do a search on KaZaA for "Hayabusa Turbo" it's not too hard to find, you'll be completely amazed as i was

Originally posted by MustGoFast
    I'm gonna have to agree w/ some of the skeptics too after watching the movie.. I don't believe it's real. I have one main reason in the movie the bike wheelies at 160... sorry I've driven them... there is not enough power to wheelie at that speed w/ out throwin everything back.. and hoping.. even then probably not... oh also theres this little thing called wind resistance and at that speed if you got the tire more than about 3 inches off the ground it would flip you on your back instantly!!!!!!
    also against what you said "MustGoFast" ... rotating mass, the tire, a jyroscop in other words, would keep the bike stable even at those high speeds regardless of the wind friction

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456