WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 88

This is a discussion on WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by BusaRider Before you start spouting on about 4WD the Capri does the first 8th with good traction ...

  1. #61
    J-H
    J-H is offline
    Registered User J-H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    807
    Originally posted by BusaRider
    Before you start spouting on about 4WD the Capri does the first 8th with good traction and the front wheels in the air so 4WD would earn him nothing!
    Are saying that an AWD system in your Capri would not help with traction . I would think that with the horsepower and torque distributed to all 4 wheels (less power on rear wheels/no front wheels in the air + 2 more "powered" wheels) doubling the surface area that is moving the car would make it run a faster 1/4 mile...


    JH

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15
    Originally posted by J-H
    Are saying that an AWD system in your Capri would not help with traction . I would think that with the horsepower and torque distributed to all 4 wheels (less power on rear wheels/no front wheels in the air + 2 more "powered" wheels) doubling the surface area that is moving the car would make it run a faster 1/4 mile...


    JH
    An AWD saloon car probably suffers more wheelspin than a RWD car set up properly to sprint, weight transfer is obviously toward the rear wheels anyway. The Capri in question is nicely setup and hardly spinds at all, accelerating hard enough to lift the front wheels.

    Spot the AWD dragstar - you won't find one (well not a quick one anyway!) the front wheels are passengers for most of the pass!

  4. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15
    Originally posted by Iruka
    Here's a REX which has 'only' 499HP and has done 10.02 @ 145mph down the 400m. Very little difference to

    1/4 mile, which is shorter.

    http://www.rigoliracing.com.au/whitewrx.htm




    ENJOY....
    400 meters is shorter than a 1/4 mile. (a mile is 1,609.3 meters)

    Even so the original post is about a guy running against a Busa that's already moving - if he kept up then the Busa rider was not in the right gear - simple as that!

  5. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    13,128
    Attention Bike Trolls:

    Do some research on Wrex4Life's car and check his mod list and dyno numbers before calling B.S.

    Thanks.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

  6. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    61
    http://mail.chartermi.com/~katanajoh...busaSpecs.html

    http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompa...9topspeed.html

    9.95 @ 143MPH 1/4 Mile, STOCK 1999 Hayabusa



    The Guy is lying out of his ass. Hayabusa does 0-100 in 5 seconds.

    0-60 in 2 seconds.

    You think his WRX does that? He is lying. It looks bad on all of you.

    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by The Cyndicate; 03-04-2004 at 03:29 PM.

  7. #66
    Registered User Dan00Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    759
    Originally posted by The Cyndicate
    http://mail.chartermi.com/~katanajoh...busaSpecs.html

    http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompa...9topspeed.html

    9.95 @ 143MPH 1/4 Mile, STOCK 1999 Hayabusa



    The Guy is lying out of his ass. Hayabusa does 0-100 in 5 seconds.

    0-60 in 2 seconds.

    You think his WRX does that? He is lying. It looks bad on all of you.

    Have a nice day.
    The original post is from nearly TWO YEARS AGO... Who friggin' cares about it anymore? Other than some bike guys who feel threatened by the thought of having their training wheels blown off by something that can carry more than a bag of potato chips... Have any of you two-wheelers even read the whole thread and the other responses? The topic has been beat to death nearly TWO YEARS AGO, and nobody here really cares about it anymore. Quit wasting your time here and go tune the carbs on your bikes so you can spread yourself even further across the pavement or salt flats next time you lay it down at 180 mph+. j/k, keep it safe.

    If it's that big of a deal to you, contact the original poster via email or through the magazine that did the article on his car.

    -Yawn-


    2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

    Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

  8. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Eastern Sierras
    Posts
    1,245
    LOL!!!!!
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

  9. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15
    Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    The original post is from nearly TWO YEARS AGO... Who friggin' cares about it anymore? Other than some bike guys who feel threatened by the thought of having their training wheels blown off by something that can carry more than a bag of potato chips... Have any of you two-wheelers even read the whole thread and the other responses? The topic has been beat to death nearly TWO YEARS AGO, and nobody here really cares about it anymore. Quit wasting your time here and go tune the carbs on your bikes so you can spread yourself even further across the pavement or salt flats next time you lay it down at 180 mph+. j/k, keep it safe.

    If it's that big of a deal to you, contact the original poster via email or through the magazine that did the article on his car.

    -Yawn-

    Firstly at least we can do 180+mph. Secondly Hayabusa's haven't got carbs!

    Some Street legal Turbo Busa's are now pushing 500+ bhp at the rear wheel. (only 1300cc remember) - Try racing one of those.

  10. #69
    Registered User brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,163
    Pffft! 500 hp from 1.3 liters is nothing to get all excited about. Ask any Honda engineer how much they can squeeze outta a 1.5 liter four cylinder....they will ALL say in excess of 1100 hp. The 89(86?) F1 season proved that too.

    ...yankin yer chain man. 500 is pretty wild, considering the weight of the bike and rider is WAAAY less than the F1 cars(tho, they'd whip a bike something fierce on a road course, that downforce stuff really helps).

    What kinda quarter do the turbo Busas run? I figure traction is the limiting factor here. I'd guess somewhere in the 7-8 second realm eh? Won't catch me on one, thats for sure. I'm terrified of 600cc bikes. I likey the steel cage a lot.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

  11. #70
    Registered User Dan00Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    759
    Busa Boyz: I don't think you'll find many cars here worthy of hanging with your rides, and we'll all readily admit it. 9 and 10 second cars of any nature are very rare, and not too often streetable. Not sure what you feel you have to prove to a bunch of people with mostly 12 and 13 second cars. Does John Force and Kenny Bernstein at mid 4's in their cars or Angelle Savoie at low 7's on her bike come on your site and rag on you guys for only running 9's? No, they have too much class to act in such a manner.

    If you want to hang around and contribute something that we can all learn in positive manner, then feel free to hang out. Otherwise, your generally disrespectful attitudes will earn you just more of a poor reputation among car enthusiasts.

    Peace.

  12. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    61
    7.8 seconds is the current time for a turbo Busa isnt it? @ 180+MPH I think

    It doesnt matter how old the topic is, the result would still be the same.

    Bull**** is bull****, no matter what you call it, and it just seems your getting upset cause your people is getting called on it.

    **** like GSXR1000's are the fastest now, and people trying to sound like they know detailed facts "The Busa is fast, but the Gixxer is quicker" Sounds like some BS excuse a gixxer guy told some kid in a parking lot. Where you get your facts at? The fast and furious 3?

    heh
    Last edited by The Cyndicate; 03-04-2004 at 06:49 PM.

  13. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    34

    turbo

    A buddy of mine just built a R1 with a turbo putting out around 300 at the wheels and getting ready to add a 40 shot. Still having trouble with detonation and keeping it running cool. He is hoping for a 7.9 in the quarter but feels he will probably be in the 8s. Everytime I helped him work on his bike I felt I was helping build his casket, considering this is going to be his daily bike.

  14. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15
    Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Busa Boyz: I don't think you'll find many cars here worthy of hanging with your rides, and we'll all readily admit it. 9 and 10 second cars of any nature are very rare, and not too often streetable. Not sure what you feel you have to prove to a bunch of people with mostly 12 and 13 second cars. Does John Force and Kenny Bernstein at mid 4's in their cars or Angelle Savoie at low 7's on her bike come on your site and rag on you guys for only running 9's? No, they have too much class to act in such a manner.

    If you want to hang around and contribute something that we can all learn in positive manner, then feel free to hang out. Otherwise, your generally disrespectful attitudes will earn you just more of a poor reputation among car enthusiasts.

    Peace.
    I think people are just putting their point not disrespecting your cars (I like Scoobies) as for the 4 and 7s vehicles you're talking about can they be used as daily commuters? Nope.

    Like most of you guys I'm interested in something that's streetable not a race machine.

  15. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15
    Originally posted by brembo

    What kinda quarter do the turbo Busas run? I figure traction is the limiting factor here. I'd guess somewhere in the 7-8 second realm eh? Won't catch me on one, thats for sure. I'm terrified of 600cc bikes. I likey the steel cage a lot.
    For street legal bikes last year (in the UK) the quick Busas were running low to mid 8s with high 170 terminals. There will be 1 or 2 in the 7s this season breaking the 180s no doubt. One of them also competes in "flyers" and is expected to run well over 220mph (standing mile) it also gets used on the road! Not exactly a speciallised sprinter just a VERY fast and usable machine.

    In the states they're a wee bit faster but their "street" bikes are often nothing more than disguised dragsters not useable street bikes.

  16. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    61
    Sebs is usable, and it runs 7's

    www.NLRSystems.com

    Mine is very usable, but I have added more power this season and dont know what times it will run. Last year it was in the 8s.

    Dennis is running really fast as well. A few 7 second bikes are doing well on the street here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •