WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Wrex4Life I totally agree with you on that RNN14, but it seems that on this forum, 99% ...

Originally posted by Wrex4Life
    I totally agree with you on that RNN14, but it seems that on this forum, 99% of people are geniune (spelling?) and that we are all here to help each other on topics about the legendary Rex. (hehehe)
    Keep boosting.
    Well said...

RNN, I certainly understand your scepticism. However, this is one case that you can rest assured. Wrex4Life is genuine.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just have a hard to time believing things I read online
    believe it RNN, this one is no BS. it's one of the fastest subees in the world.

dR

Wrex4Life, The McLaren F1 has over 100bhp more than your car and is lighter and yet runs mid to low 11s. How is your car significantly faster over the quarter?

I smell a rat.

Thumbs down

Sorry but this thread made me laugh so much.
    Now I know absoloutley sfa about scoobys, but I do know the Hayabusa, so I'm not gonna come on here and dis your figures, but what I will say is that if you did burn a Busa, then he must have just passed his test, or be totaly frightend by it.
    I race my Hayabusa in Straightliners events and 200mph club at RAF Woodbridge and Elvington in the UK, sometimes I have used the RWYB days for testing, and I tell you know,I have been lane by lane with some of the fastest cars in the UK, and yeah they are quick, they can launch, but believe me by the time I have hit second gear they are in my mirrors.
    One of my flyers at Elvington (1 3/4 miles) was a top speed run of 192.4mph, it was a funny day as the fastest Scooby driver picked his ticket up with tad over 150, he was shaking his head as he could see I was dissapointed.

lol , hayabusa been beaten by a battyboy ? lol great banter

pity your not in the uk , does your car have pretty little neons all over it? lol
    Last edited by patch; 03-02-2004 at 04:19 PM.

On Topic: Thats one sick WRX. Do you think you could show us some more pictures and specs and stuff.

Off Topic: The busa prob had a new sprocket and the reading was wrong. Reads 220, but hes going like 185 or somthing. Someone did that math one time on another forum.
    I created my avatar.

Okay, who put out the troll bait?

Busa riders...er pilots....did ya see his @ wheel hp numbers? 470 hp, thats plenty of zoot to give a liter+ bike a decent scare. Seeing as how he can turn the 1/4 in the 10 second realm, seems rather plausable to me. Wrong gear, mucked up shift...any small mistake would put the Rex out in front for a moment or two. And who dug this up from the graveyard anyway?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

The Skeptics sound funny in this thread, saying things like 'I smell a rat', etc., etc.

As far as I'm and others are concerned (I'm from Australia too), WREX4LIFE is genuine and his rex is pretty well known here in Aust.

It is a very low 10's car for god's sake, of course it is going to give most 1000cc+ bikes a run for its money...

Saying that you have run with some of the fastest cars in UK doesn't prove anything - they and you are only fast in your own little world...

There is absolutely nothing ingenuine or ratty about this guy at all - in Australia we have got WRX's running in the high 8's and low 9's already.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Down the Quarter Mile just for clarity....

Most are built by the Rigoli team by the way.

Originally posted by brembo
    Okay, who put out the troll bait?

Busa riders...er pilots....did ya see his @ wheel hp numbers? 470 hp, thats plenty of zoot to give a liter+ bike a decent scare. Seeing as how he can turn the 1/4 in the 10 second realm, seems rather plausable to me. Wrong gear, mucked up shift...any small mistake would put the Rex out in front for a moment or two. And who dug this up from the graveyard anyway?

What's plausable? I've already asked the question why his car is *much* faster then another car with more power and less weight. (McLaren F1) The figures just don't add up.

470 wheel hp in a one and a quarter metric ton car isn't going to run low 10s. Hell my friends Mk1 Capri has 650 horsepower (small block ford, Supercharged and Gas) weighs 900Kgs and “only” runs low 11s. Before you start spouting on about 4WD the Capri does the first 8th with good traction and the front wheels in the air so 4WD would earn him nothing!

Originally posted by Iruka
    Saying that you have run with some of the fastest cars in UK doesn't prove anything - they and you are only fast in your own little world...
    [/B]
    There are more car drivers in the UK than the populatin of Australia - is that world little enough?

Originally posted by BusaRider
    There are more car drivers in the UK than the populatin of Australia - is that world little enough?

England has 50million people and Australia has 20 million, but Australia is bigger than England by around 5000% just looking roughly at the map.

In fact, I was actually talking about your little 'I have raced all fast cars and there is none faster than my bike' world INSIDE that head of yours.

I bet you have a lot of imaginary friends.

Originally posted by BusaRider
    What's plausable? I've already asked the question why his car is *much* faster then another car with more power and less weight. (McLaren F1) The figures just don't add up.

470 wheel hp in a one and a quarter metric ton car isn't going to run low 10s. Hell my friends Mk1 Capri has 650 horsepower (small block ford, Supercharged and Gas) weighs 900Kgs and “only” runs low 11s. Before you start spouting on about 4WD the Capri does the first 8th with good traction and the front wheels in the air so 4WD would earn him nothing!

These are good observations but the fact is, you're wrong and he really can do that time down the quarter.

- Gearing Ratios are different, the McClaren is geared to go up to 36X km/h, not for a 1/4 mile run.

- AWD launch of WRX is just unbeatable. Why can't I mention it? It probably shaves around 1 sec from 0-100mph. Look at how WREX4LIFE's terminal mph is only 134mph, which seriously isn't that high for a 10.XX second car.

- Lack of Torque on the McClaren. Yes I just said this. even though its a V12 it only has 520lbft at 4500rpm. You can't compare the PEAK power of an N/A engine to a Turbo car at all - a Turbo has much better torque distribution through the rev range, unless if its below boost. Which ISN'T a problem off the line as you'll be launching from high rpm.

- Acceleration depends on the Area under the Power Curve, and overall acceleration over the REV Range is in fact directly proportional to the Torque Curve of the engine (also the gearing, which affects torque at ground). Turbo cars with same peak power will almost always do faster than N/A car.

- Weight savings. Since WREX4LIFE's car is modded for good speed, most likely he is not of standard weight anymore. He needs to confirm it though.

Here's a REX which has 'only' 499HP and has done 10.02 @ 145mph down the 400m. Very little difference to 1/4 mile, which is shorter.

http://www.rigoliracing.com.au/whitewrx.htm

ENJOY....

Cars set up for dragracing will routinely spank exotics such as Mclaren's, Enzo's, 911 Turbos, and others that are set up to be a more balanced overall car with good handling and high top speed capability. It's all about the combination of the parts working effectively: suspension, tires, gearing and trans, motor, and driver...

The top ten cars on the list from our small Camaro/Firebird club in Chicago http://www.camarohighway.com/MFBA/MFBA-TopList.htm all have similar or lower horsepower ratings than a Mclaren, for example, and are all street legal. The #8 car, for example, dynos at apporximately 420 rwhp, and weighs approx 3,000 lbs and has been featured in Hot Rod as being the fastest LS1 "cam only" car in the United States.

My point, is that the right car with the right set up and the right driver can be very potent. Just like a drunk guy posting on the internet from his barstool in Liverpool would make for a very poor motorcyclist. Cheers!

Anyway, believe what you want. We're secure enough here that we don't feel the need to go trolling on Hayabusa sites looking to stir up trouble and making insults. Way to represent your fine machines, blokes!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.