WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; last week I saw a black 'busa race a white 'busa at the track... talk about some badass stuff!! Like ...

last week I saw a black 'busa race a white 'busa at the track... talk about some badass stuff!! Like good vs evil!!

they came off the line in wheelies, front end comes down, then hit second, front end comes back up, then it goes down and they were gone.....

one ran 9.20 and the other a 9.30..... and they did it almost completely synchronized... even with the wheelies.... it was amazing to watch!!!

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    last week I saw a black 'busa race a white 'busa at the track... talk about some badass stuff!! Like good vs evil!!

they came off the line in wheelies, front end comes down, then hit second, front end comes back up, then it goes down and they were gone.....

one ran 9.20 and the other a 9.30..... and they did it almost completely synchronized... even with the wheelies.... it was amazing to watch!!!

def
    Must take camera next time so we can all download the video and be amazed with you. That would be really cool to see!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

het wrex,

i was gonna scrutinize your post too 'till i read your 'sig'.

now i feel like the guy with the 'busa: you wanna trade?

fyi, mine's a gsx-r1000
    Love Peace Happiness Ride
    That Ride will soon be DRIVE!!!

Sorry if I'm the one to say it but where's the proof on your car? I mean a 10sec street driven WRX isn't exactly a common thing. So let's see some proof.

That Busa video is actually of a 300ish horsepower turboed Busa. It's not actually traveling at 220, but more like 180-190 due to some type of gauge modification I believe. There's was big thread on it over at supraforums.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

Originally posted by RNN14
    Sorry if I'm the one to say it but where's the proof on your car? I mean a 10sec street driven WRX isn't exactly a common thing. So let's see some proof.
    Skepticism is healthy, but this vehicle is pretty well documented around the web, and appears to be somewhat notorious down-under.

Here you go http://www.autospeed.com/A_0986/page1.html

yeah...I looked in the other lane and saw the cars too. that's about as fast as cars going the same direction as me fly by when I'm only doing 150. I can see the speedometer climb like a mofo but it just doesnt' look that fast.
    Orin's 2002 WRX Features.....
    Injen Cold Air Intake, M2 Up-Pipe, TurboXS Blow Off Valve, M2 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, M2 Up-pipe, Unichip (Tuned by Cobbtuning)
    VF30 Turbo, Walbro Fuel Pump, STI Fuel Injectors, 18" Konig Tantrums, Wings West Pro Wing, etc...

vid looks real to me.
    it's not that unbelievable.... imo.

if you've ever taped anything from inside your car or on the road things on the tube look alot slower then in real life.
    Love Peace Happiness Ride
    That Ride will soon be DRIVE!!!

OK I am confused. So this guy owns the car in the link or is it just to show its possible in which I could also show you a 10sec Evo as well as a 10 sec GTI-R. So is that one his or what?

Nope, that's his car, RNN14.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

Odd then that the guy doesn't know the year of his own car. The article gives a different year then he does. Not doubting that they can be that fast just that this is the owner of the car in the article.

I very much doubt somebody would have the balls to claim that vehicle is theirs if it isn't, especially given that he has discussed the topic at length before on this forum, and given that he is bold enough to quote the specs in his sig. It's not like the guy only has one post to his name, and FYI Wrex4life is posting from a dialup account in Oz.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until I see evidence indicating to the contrary. Might as well question whether Dan has really liberated 390 crank HP from his wagon with a few off-the-shelf parts...

Most likely explanation for this minor anomaly is that the article made a typographical error when specifying the model year of the vehicle.

-Pace

pace, your right about the typo. The way it works down here in Australia (for subaru's anyway) is that when the new model gets launched, it is actually shipped from september onwards. My WRX is the 98 version, I ordered in July of 97 (3-4 month waiting list at the time), expecting to get a 97 model when the dealer rang me and said I could get a 98 if I waited 2 extra weeks and wanted to pay the extra A$500 that the 98 model cost, so I said sure. But, if you look at my rego sticker on the window, it says '97 model subaru impreza sedan', because I picked my car up in October (with all the added 98 model extras,hehe) and thats when it was registered. So when they wrote the article on my car, I told them it was a 98, but they actually looked at my rego and said it was a 97. No big deal.
    RNN14, if you dont believe me, fine, I know what I drive and I give everybody else the benefit of the doubt, and I also have earned the respect of the guys that have been here from the start, as I was one of the first users, and I hope to get respect from you as well, anyways, have a good one.
    Cheers.
    Green 98 WRX (Old Gen)
    469hp @ wheels
    Quarter Mile: 10.39sec at 134mph
    Mods: Too much to list, except one: No NOS!

I just have a hard to time believing things I read online.

I totally agree with you on that RNN14, but it seems that on this forum, 99% of people are geniune (spelling?) and that we are all here to help each other on topics about the legendary Rex. (hehehe)
    Keep boosting.
    Green 98 WRX (Old Gen)
    469hp @ wheels
    Quarter Mile: 10.39sec at 134mph
    Mods: Too much to list, except one: No NOS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.