WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The video doesn't look like he's going that fast. Watch when they go past the connection of the oncoming traffic ...

The video doesn't look like he's going that fast. Watch when they go past the connection of the oncoming traffic and their side of the highway. Looks like he's doing about 50mph. Then when they slow down (according to the speedometer) the objects they go past don't seem to slow down much (at least not enough to make it look real). Don't get me wrong. I know those bikes 'can' go that fast. I just don't believe the video looks real. Take a look at the cars in the oncomming traffic lane, they look like they're barely passing them. at 200mph they should be blinks of light. Call me a skeptic... just doesn't look authentic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrex,
    you should get together with this guy named Darius. He has a 650 HP 240Z, and there is a video of him beating a R1 from a stop. I will see if I can find that video.

Of course you guys are on different continates, but seems like there's not much competition for guys at your level around the entire world.

My brother traded his CBR-6 for a ZX-9R because his riding buddy (on a 'Busa), quote, "..repeatedly blasts by me at 140 [mph] with his front wheel in the air, just to show off.."

I am pretty sure that the Kawasaki ZX-11R is the quickest production bike made. Car & Driver had the 10 quickest vehicles or something like that about a year ago and the ZX-11R was raced by a pro but with no bar in the back and he was able to run I think a 9.5 and he shifted half way through 1st. Also, has anyone seen the video a supra with 70 shot race a turbo Hayabusa at a 70mph roll? Now this is a fast car!
    Actually I believe the 12R is faster than the 11R but you are right in some respects as Kawasaki makes the fastest bikes out there. Except the Hyabusa (howerver it's spelled) gets the credit because Kawasaki electronically limited there 11 and 12 R's to 194 mph this had to do with the tires, the stock tires were only rated to like 198 thus if they let the bike go faster they couldn't use them. Anyway story goes if you chip the bike and get new rubbers The last I heard they could hit 218 stock.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

I'm gonna have to agree w/ some of the skeptics too after watching the movie.. I don't believe it's real. I have one main reason in the movie the bike wheelies at 160... sorry I've driven them... there is not enough power to wheelie at that speed w/ out throwin everything back.. and hoping.. even then probably not... oh also theres this little thing called wind resistance and at that speed if you got the tire more than about 3 inches off the ground it would flip you on your back instantly!!!!!!
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Originally posted by MustGoFast
    I'm gonna have to agree w/ some of the skeptics too after watching the movie.. I don't believe it's real. I have one main reason in the movie the bike wheelies at 160... sorry I've driven them... there is not enough power to wheelie at that speed w/ out throwin everything back.. and hoping.. even then probably not... oh also theres this little thing called wind resistance and at that speed if you got the tire more than about 3 inches off the ground it would flip you on your back instantly!!!!!!
    Well I'm not quite so skeptical about the wheelie as these sorts of antics on the Hayabusa are pretty well documented. As for your remarks regarding the wind resistance and "flip on your back instantly" comment: If this were true, the Swede Patrick Furstenhoff would not have been able to pull off a 201mph wheelie in May '99 on a turbocharged Blackbird (he previously held the record with a 191mph wheelie).

If the movie is legit, that bike must be modified: 'Busas don't do 220mph in stock form.

-Pace
    Last edited by pace; 04-12-2002 at 06:36 PM.

Originally posted by pace

If the movie is legit, that bike must be modified: 'Busas don't do 220mph in stock form.

i'm trying to remember what the top speed stock was but it was the first model year before all this "restrict top speed" stuff happend. it was somewhere 190-200mph and now most of the bikes are limited to some predetermined # (186mph i think) - thats what screwed the zx-12r. the 12r was designed to smash the hayabusa, but that "restriction" stuff kicked in (can't remember the details), and they limited it

zx9r used to pretty dang fast. one of the first (if not the) first stock bike to test at under a 10sec 1/4 mile.

gsxr1000... mmmmm...

funny thing is even the 600's are breaking into the 10 sec territory. just gotta love those power to weight ratios. and we're talking stock.

oh, never pay attention to the speedo's in movies. a) they aren't highly reliable at 100+mph. plus, you never know if these guys change the sprockets/gearing for top speed/acceleration (something i'm planning on mine)... yummy, motorcycles are so much fun

umm, then explain how I've ridden with guys that do standing wheels (umm, lets just say they can't see much in front of them) and they are RIDING the wheelies out at over 100mph. umm, you can do some crazy stuff on a bike. then again, doing this stuff where most guys do is just plain stupid... but thats a diff. issue

electronically limited there 11 and 12 R's to 194 mph this had to do with the tires, the stock tires were only rated to like 198 thus if they let the bike go faster they couldn't use them
    wrong... even the hayabusa got limited after 1-2years production. there was some supposed agreement (due to possible legislation if I recall) that was going to limit the top speed of bikes ( and prohibit sales of said bikes). If I recall this was in Europe and manufacturers don't want to lose sales so - there ends the top speed war. Re-enter acceleration war

Originally posted by travmn

wrong... even the hayabusa got limited after 1-2years production. there was some supposed agreement (due to possible legislation if I recall) that was going to limit the top speed of bikes ( and prohibit sales of said bikes). If I recall this was in Europe and manufacturers don't want to lose sales so - there ends the top speed war. Re-enter acceleration war
    ..reminds me off the 'voluntary' 125HP limit that was in effect for a very long time in Europe. When the Eurocrats starting enforcing obtrusive bike legislation, the manufacturers finally said 'screw you'. That's when we started seeing bikes with outputs like the 'Busa arriving on British shores.

-Pace

Pace my comment on a wheelin on that bike flipping it at that speed was 2 fold. One a STOCK bike doesn't have the tork to do it (of course one heavlily modified like the one used to set a wheelie speed record woudl have it) Alsot the bikes used to set the wheelie record generally had reshaped fairings and other pieces of the front body as to not trap wind when they picked up, and they actually amke the bike weigh more to help stabalize it. My comments were only in reference to stock, although I realize that it is possible w/ mod's... Oh and also I must agree w/ you a stock Hy.... wont do 220.
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!

Re: WRX v's Suzuki Hyabusa

Originally posted by Wrex4Life
    To cut an already long story short, he was absolutely, and I mean ABSOLUTELY stunned when he realized that we were neck and neck, with me eventually pulling on him once I hit 6000rpm and up (about 2 car lengths) at about 240km/h. After that he would blow me because of gearing. He was a really nice guy as we pulled over and talked for ages. He begged me to take him for a ride, and when he stepped out after the ride, he said "wanna swap".
    I was a happy man that night [/B]
    Wow, i was 1/2 a second away from calling you a bullshi**er until i read you 1/4 mile time. Now i believe. I have a hayabusa and a gsxr 750 . the hayabusa is the fastest production motorcyle ever at 194mph for the 1999 model. limited to 185 in 2001.the zx 12 is the quickest with a lower e.t than 10.34. My busa ran 208 mph top speed. we race rollons up to 9/10 of a mile here.so i know your wrx will not roll with me at 6k rpm. But sh*t your subie is fast.

MustGoFast, your way off with the kawi!! no production bike could hit 218 ever stock!! turbo busas run less than that. there is a guy here in so.fl that has a built zx 12 with a stroker kit and cant get past 198 unrestricted. why?? aerodynamics!! the busa underwent millions of dollars in testing in the wind tunnel. that why the design is so odd. its the most aerodynamic motorcyle ever built. the speed barrier of 195 is a bitch to pass with out good aero's. any way since i ride bikes regularly so i figured id pass the info. also the gixxer 1000 is limited just like the kawi zx-12, and the 1000 walks that bike all day long down here. suzuki's rule the acceleration category!! By the way there is no such thing as a chip?? its called a power commander and all it does it alter air/fuel and timing.
    Last edited by MotorMatrix; 04-13-2002 at 05:14 AM.

That must be one of the quickest WRX out there, awesome.
    That sucker must be scary fast
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

I have read on more than one occasion that the Kawi's sold in amercia are chipped (electronically limited) in top end speed!
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast