modded 1988 turbo supra vs wrx UPDATE
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on modded 1988 turbo supra vs wrx UPDATE within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran my supra friday night 13.9@103mph. Saw three wrx's at the track one ran a 14.9 the other a ...

modded 1988 turbo supra vs wrx UPDATE

I ran my supra friday night 13.9@103mph. Saw three wrx's at the track one ran a 14.9 the other a 15.0 didn't see the third race, didn't talk to them. I am sure they weren't great drivers but maybe the track is at a high sea level or the conditions were ****ty, who knows it was 25 degrees and impossible for me to get traction i can't see an awd car having trouble though, but anyway thats my update, so you know exactly what my cars runs and i got beat by a wrx with 3 people in it from a rolling start, that car could not have been stock.

Nick
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What motor was in the 1988 Supra in the US? Did you get the 2.5L twin turbo Supra R's 1JZ motor or is it that 2.0L thing they sold here shortly?

Inline 3.0 6cylinder turbo 230hp 246 torque stock figures mine isn't stock they run like 15.0 stock

What was the full engine designator? Sounds more like the older 3.0L that was in the Soarer in Japan. How much has been done to your car so far? 13 huh? Time for some drag tires it sounds.

The engine is a 7MGTE. Also, that track is close if not at sea level.

Steve

Re: modded 1988 turbo supra vs wrx UPDATE

Originally posted by elohdaeh78
    I ran my supra friday night 13.9@103mph. Saw three wrx's at the track one ran a 14.9 the other a 15.0 didn't see the third race, didn't talk to them. I am sure they weren't great drivers but maybe the track is at a high sea level or the conditions were ****ty, who knows it was 25 degrees and impossible for me to get traction i can't see an awd car having trouble though, but anyway thats my update, so you know exactly what my cars runs and i got beat by a wrx with 3 people in it from a rolling start, that car could not have been stock.

Nick
    There is no way WRXs could run that slow. Maybe they had 1000lbs worth of stuff in the trunk?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

RSXSUCKS-
    Stop acting like an idiot. With a bad launch a WRX could certainly run those numbers. It's all in the 60 foot time and I imagine these guys were not pulling off good launches. I have heard of others running similar times at i-club with bad 60 foots. Also, although I was not there when the WRX's ran I was at the track earlier in the night. I am Nick's brother and if he says these times were run, it's the truth. Also, my brother ran a 15.1 and a bunch of 14.4's before he pulled of the 13 sec run. That should give you an idea of how much the driving contributes to the run. BTW - I installed 1/2 of my Vishnu stage zero kit this past weekend, once the rest goes in it will be bye bye supra

Nick - Good job breaking into the 13's it was a nice run.

Also, a buddy of mine ran a 14.6 at 96 mph the next day in his RSX with only an intake and a catback. Pretty good run if you ask me, mabye you should learn how to drive your car before proclaiming it slow.

Steve

Thumbs down

Originally posted by PapaG
    Also, a buddy of mine ran a 14.6 at 96 mph the next day in his RSX with only an intake and a catback. Pretty good run if you ask me, mabye you should learn how to drive your car before proclaiming it slow.
    BS, that isn't possible in an RSX! And it isn't just me that is saying it is slow, every WRX driver says it is slow, so I can't be wrong!
    2002 RSX Type S

First of all, I am a WRX driver. I have driven the RSX in question and it is not slow by any means. It is actually pretty mean when the vtec kicks in. It's a really nice little car. Is it as fast as a WRX off the line, no. Can it keep up on the highway and mabye even pull on a stock WRX at speed, mabye. Not only that but the owner also owns a WRX. I will see if they would like to post a comment for you. Since they have drive both cars. Mabye they will let me scan the time slip for you. They pulled a 2.2 sixty foot time to acheive that run. Also, you might like to check this thread out, complete with timeslip.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?threadid=23035

and here is a post by the person I am referring to running the 14.6.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...7&pagenumber=2

Don't call BS on me when YOU don't know what you are are talking about. And STFU already.

Steve

Originally posted by PapaG
    First of all, I am a WRX driver. I have driven the RSX in question and it is not slow by any means. It is actually pretty mean when the vtec kicks in. It's a really nice little car. Is it as fast as a WRX off the line, no. Can it keep up on the highway and mabye even pull on a stock WRX at speed, mabye. Not only that but the owner also owns a WRX. I will see if they would like to post a comment for you. Since they have drive both cars. Mabye they will let me scan the time slip for you. They pulled a 2.2 sixty foot time to acheive that run. Also, you might like to check this thread out, complete with timeslip.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?threadid=23035

and here is a post by the person I am referring to running the 14.6.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...7&pagenumber=2

Don't call BS on me when YOU don't know what you are are talking about. And STFU already.

Steve
    Temper, temper! We are all on the same side here.

We all know that ClubRSX is full of riceboy RSX owners so I don't believe any time that is posted over there. That is how I know that there is no way a WRX could run a 1/4 mile in over 15 seconds and no RSX could do it in under 15 seconds since many WRX people over there have raised BS flags on modded RSXs beating stock WRXs in the 1/4. It simply could never happen.

However, what I do believe is tons of WRX people who swear that their stock WRXs have crushed (and I mean CRUSHED, by many many car lengths) modded RSXs on the highway. How could the RSX keep up on the highway? It is well over a second slower in the 1/4 mile!
    2002 RSX Type S

Hey, slow the hell down in here!

I found this... scary, I didn't know that the RSX was that "slow"... still love the look though:
    http://carpoint.msn.com/Vip/Heraud/Acura/RSX/2002S.asp

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2046.shtml

So much difference between the 2.... ok so then you guys should basically get the rough picture:

RSXSucks:
    There is no way WRXs could run that slow. Maybe they had 1000lbs worth of stuff in the trunk?

Well, then by clicking on the 2 links above you can tell that some people are better than others when it comes to get some decent times.

PapaG:
    I have driven the RSX in question and it is not slow by any means

I understand why you went off(no Jim, I won't get more involved than that... ) but you have to admit that those times are pretty deceiving time for a car made by Acura, trying to compete with the WRXs and with that kind of pricetag... imagine how pissed off RSXSucks will be when a Neon SRT-4 will pull away from him with the ricey kit and the guy will rub in his face how cheap that Neon is at the next light.

Sorry... I'm done.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

First off, I am not on anyones "side". I live next door to a RSX owner who ran a 14.6 with an intake and catback, they showed me the stinking timeslip and have no reason to lie to me because not only was I invited to the track with them that day, I will be going with them next weekend. Not only that but the car number on the slip matched the number I saw on their car this morning in shoe polish. Secondly, the reason that I have a "temper" is because you have basically called both myself and my brother liars in this and other threads. Look at the trap speeds, that will tell you how the two match up on the highway. The reason the WRX is quicker through the quater mile is because of it ability to launch. This also hurts it on the top end because it suffers from more drivetrain loss. The RSX on the other hand is unable to pull off good 60 foot times but has decent power and less drivetrain loss. Therefore the two make a pretty good match at hightway sppeds.

Ok this is totally out of control. Let me say this one more time, i went to the track friday night i raced my supra ran a 13.9. I saw 2 wrx's run one ran a 14.9 the other a 15.0. If you don't want to believe it don't, i could give a ****. I also met my brothers friend that has the rsx. And i test drove a type s once. The wrx is faster but the rsx is still a pretty quick car. Basically all i have to say to RSX sucks is that i could give two ****s if you believe me or not because you are obviously totally uneducated about cars and you haven't a clue about drag racing. Why don't you take your car to the drag strip and race it and see what it runs? Oh wait you have to be 17 to race don't you? Nevermind in two years go take your mom's car to the track and race it and until then shut up because you never have anything to say that is worth listening to.

PapaG,

Just when I was done PMing you, I saw that elohdaeh78 just posted something... so what did I tell you!

Yes, RSXSucks, bullets are flying now... watch out, but you kinda asked for it.

WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

I think the Moderators Trio are not around right now, by I think this evening they will come in here as Hitmen.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.