Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SupraToWRX, what kind of boost fluid did Toyota recommend you use? I assume you had the turbo version of the ...

SupraToWRX, what kind of boost fluid did Toyota recommend you use? I assume you had the turbo version of the Supra.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by BriSalig
    he and I are gonna have another race once I get my oil changed...I got a bad launch...and the turbo was not spoolin. It was laggin like a mother.

What about an automatic BMW 330ci...theres a kid a my school who wants to race me with one of those...on the highway??
    also, when you race, normally you let it get up over 6k rpms before you shift :P if your turbo aint spoolin by then, youve got a lemon.

Originally posted by AjIsDope

So where can I pick up some of that Motul Boost fluid? Mine seems to be running low. I lost to a Geo Metro last night....
    I usually get mine on EBAY, it's usually around $19.95 per quart, I like the 5w/30 gives better spool up I'm woopin on Geo's all day with it. Give it a shot, let me know how it works for you. As for those pesky Grand Am's make sure you have NOS
    Last edited by jamie007; 09-11-2003 at 11:58 AM.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Yeah those three cylinders of power really caught me off guard.

I'll check ebay. Thanks.

On a somewhat serious note, make sure you haven't accidently put it in "valet mode". I think if you have the upgraded security (or maybe it is just the keyless entry alone, I don't know), if you have the driver door open and hold down one of the buttons for 2 seconds it will valet it. I presume this means no boost, no fun. Prevents any Ferris Bueller's Day Off re-enactments. Also I guess one of the keys they give you automatically does that. Apparently some light flashes on the dash if this happens (right next to BF Temp gauge. )

You need to get a boost gauge if you don't have one already too...

Big race tomorrow, hopefully the reason you haven't been posting is because you are out there practicing 5.6 sec 0 - 60's...

Good Luck, Don't let us down!
    2004 Platinum XT

Sorry MisterX, I had the NA Supra.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

Originally posted by BriSalig
    ..actually the first car ive ever owned...im 16. Went 50/50 with my dad on the car
    i'm 15 dude, seriously. i've driven my dad's car and it's got a 3200 lb racing clutch, the guy who installed it couldn't even drive it
    i want to take over payments for my dad's car, but i dont really want to drop out of school and work at my current place of employment (subway) for the rest of my life, only to make enough money to have a car.

but really though, congrats on gettin such a kick ass car for your first.....now just tell me if you need me to teach you how to drive it

-(ESXwrxguy's son)
    if everything's under control, you're going too slow

*******BUY MY '88 Mercedes 560 sel so i can get a subie!!!!!!!!!!!! ($6k excellent condition)*******

sold
    02 sedona red wrx wagon (ESX stage IV) IHI VF-22, MRT intercooler, ESX/TRP full turbo back 3" exhaust, ESX/TRP 3200 lb racing clutch, AVO BOV, Blitz FATT digital turbo timer, piggy back computer system, ESX/TRP pulley, ESX/TRP lightweight flywheel , Injen cold air intake, Samco silicone hoses, black Enkei 18" DM5 with Yokohama AVS ES100s, STI short shift kit

dad's car
    '04 BMW m3 convertible. 19's, 6 speed, xenon, etc

Originally posted by driverj
    I've seen this car go to 140 mph no problem.
    Yes.. I've been there a qouple of times and the car has more to give, don't pull that hard at those speeds, but still..
    I had to get of the gas because I was in a turn. so I don't know the actual top speed.

My car is almost stock, just have upped the boost alittle..
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Today is the big day!

Tonight rather. I have a date with my somewhat injured girlfriend first...very early...and then after that Im takin her home...tucking her into bed...and headin out to my friend wes's house...(the kid with the grand am)

Does the amt of fuel I have in the car matter? I am very low now (but have enough to make it out and back...should i fill it before the race...or will that slow me down. I wanna not only walk on him, but slaughter him off the line.
    2004 Silver WRX

Dude, it is a grand am. You should be able to smoke him with a full tank of gas and three fat friends in the car
    -Andrew

i took out my MAF for weight reduction
    i lost to a geo
    any ideas?

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    i took out my MAF for weight reduction
    i lost to a geo
    any ideas?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa
    -2006 WRX Wagon-

Have your car converted to Natural Gas, it is lighter than gasoline. You should be able to beat a metro, or even a Kia with no problems.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

I just ordered my matched set carbon fiber MAF and cabon fiber boost fluid catch can last night!
    -Andrew

hope u got it down now... and good luck
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille