Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What you hit about 300awhp you need a better bfbov, no doubt about it. If you don't your BF catcan ...

What you hit about 300awhp you need a better bfbov, no doubt about it. If you don't your BF catcan will get full and it will bleed back into your turbo. Nothing worse then super hot boost fluid in your turbo
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

brian i understand exactly where u r coming from...i am 16 too. ive been saving up money since i was 14 when i first fell in love with the wrx. i had that 50/50 deal 2 but then we got financial probs so im going to be saving a while longer till i get that beast. i give u a lot of respect for working ur ass off for that car. hopefully i will be able to get mine soon too.
    have fun with ur car... and dont let anyone put u down about ur driving. just practice more and ull get it.
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

I've been experiencing problems spooling my turbo since installing the Mobil 1 Super-syn BF with PFTE additive. In reality, I should be seeing full boost by 1500 RPMs. I have to say I'm disappointed because I'm not past 27 psi by 1700 RPMs.

I think my MAF sensor might be bad.

Coments?

I'm telling everyone out there, Motul Boost Fluid is by far the best, I could barely beat a civic untill I switched over
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

The MAF is the only part on the REX weaker then the tranny, you should deffinatly get it replaced. I bet thats it.
    -Andrew

I wish i could have got my parents to help me buy my car, must be rough. I bought my rex when i was 20, by myself and putting myself through school. I bet everyone at school thinks my daddy bought my car, everyone else up here's dad did. (i go to the University of North Dakota and all the pilots kids go here for commercial aviation) At least you guys are making the most of it i guess, i'm just jealous and at least you guys are picking a hell of a car.

Originally posted by BriSalig
    .so ive been drivin on the road for a year and a half now.
    But when you said a few years, I assumed that meant 2 years or more

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    The MAF is the only part on the REX weaker then the tranny, you should deffinatly get it replaced. I bet thats it.
    Exactly! At least someone understands.

X

It is no suprise though. The MAF is bundle of complex electronics that even NASA engineers would have a hard time understanding. And the engine bay of a turbo car is just HOT. And we all know that electronics can't run at high temps, why do you think we need to go through so much to keep our computer cool?
    -Andrew

do you think a malfunctioning MAF could cause the car to run at less boost than normal?
    or make the boost erratic?
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

You guys really need to cut it out. You're gonna give somebody out there some really bad info.

BTW, I saved up for my '95 Supra and bought it myself straight up when I was 17. I was then hearing how kids were saying that they were jealous that somebody's parents would buy them a car like that. It really kinda pissed me off cuz I worked my ass of for it.

Then I sold it, and am buying my rex the right way: making payments on it after a fat down payment.

So Brian, I respect that you are working hard for your car, as I know the situation. If I were you, I wouldn't be too concerned with that 0-60 time. Just practice your launch, since that is where the low times come from.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    $1.70 for a gallon of 93 octane sounds like a deal to me!
    Wishing...wishing...wishing...nope, gas is still expensive...'bout 2.20/g here for 91
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Bad info??!! I installed my brand new boost fluid catch can from Boost Dynamics Plus out here in the SoCal and man can I feel the difference. My turbo feels like it has ball bearings instead of just regular old boost fluid. My MAF isn't heating up like it did before either. It seems to me that installing the catch can provided just enough tolerance to prevent the boost fluid from heating up the MAF too badly. Now when the air hits my intercooler it is already cold!!!!!

BOOST FLUID CATCH CANS RULE!!!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Yah no kidding, the BFCC is the best 120 dollars you can spend for your WRX in my opinion. You are over in Irvine though, gas is the same down here in Corona. Expensive as hell. And the worst part is my WRX is in the shop, so I am paying 30 dollars to fill the tank of an eclipse GT.
    -Andrew

ouch I am sorry,

OT but how is that damage coming along...I talked to Sebastian and he gets a new car out of this...you get dent repair?!!

back on topic, the BFCC improved my gas mileage a little too + it makes my AC run a little more efficiently and colder too! Props to whomever it was that invented this wonderful piece of machinery.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!