Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sry, dude but you lost to a grand am, at least you have the balls to admit it and ask ...

Sry, dude but you lost to a grand am, at least you have the balls to admit it and ask for help. i almost lost to a old dakota 4x4 in my first race, at least i thought i was screwed cause being my first time and it didn't launch, but then my turbo kicked in and i was gone...

The clutch is funny in the 2004, i test drove one the same day i got my 2002, i liked driving the 2002 way more. the 2004 was just to touchy for me, too loose.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BriSalig,

You lucky bastid ya gettin to lap in Ferrari's...

But to the point:

WRX needs to be driven moderately hard fairly often or the ECU goes into granny mode, at least that is how it seems to me. I am out of town about 2 weeks a month and my wife uses the car then. She used to kinda baby it because she has a short drive to work on a street that you can't kick it on, and after I got home it seemed like I had to whip it a bit to get the boost back to where it should be, etc. She now makes a point of smackin' her around a little at least a few times a week, if only for a minute or two... (she beatup on an older 928 last weekend while I was stuck in the passenger seat, but that is a tale for a different post.)

Funny how most people want other folks to drive their cars really easy, but the WRX seems to NEED to be pushed (not the same thing as abused.)

As for MPG, who gives a crap unless you are driving a couple hundred miles everyday... we pay $1.50 for 14 oz of spring water, $1.70 for a gallon of 93 octane sounds like a deal to me! Of course, I would strangle the last reindeer in Alaska with my bare hands for a buck a gallon premium...

Practice that launch and smoke that fool!
    2004 Platinum XT

Im telling you man, just top off the boost fluid and you will be fine. Here is a diagram to help you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post-36-1056564231.jpg  
    -Andrew

My 2002 governors at about 130, which i reach at pert-near redline in 4th gear. Do only 2002 have them? What do you have to replace to get rid of the governor?

I have been past 130 before, maybe its just Auto rexs
    -Andrew

Originally posted by zapman
    My 2002 governors at about 130, which i reach at pert-near redline in 4th gear. Do only 2002 have them? What do you have to replace to get rid of the governor?
    Bring your car to California...Arnold Schwartzenegger will get rid of your governor.

Mine is a 5 speed manual too. It is probably a good thing mine is set there, otherwise i would probably keep going When you are going 130 the bugs that hit your windsheild leave huge splats (like at least quarter sized, no sh!t), damn MN misquitoes...

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    Im telling you man, just top off the boost fluid and you will be fine. Here is a diagram to help you.
    LemonHerb, do you recommend synthetic boost fluid? Can't find anything in the manual...
    2004 Platinum XT

I personally recomend Neo Synthetic super synth boost fluid, it cost about double anything else but you get what you pay for my friend.
    -Andrew

Since we're off topic and talking about boost fluid...I used GMs Boostomesh last time since that's what they use in the Grand Nationals and those things are fast!

Motul is a good one as well, that's what I've been using, I almost beat a ferrari with it!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

If you use Motul though you gotta make sure to upgrade your reservoir. It flows so much faster that you really need a larger quantity to keep things running cool
    -Andrew

Good point, I'm saving up for a resevior right now, I should have what I need it in the next week or so. I'm looking at the Sti version.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Im not sure if it is true or not but I heard that you needed to get your ECU flashed to run with the larger STI Res. Do any of the more knowledgeable guys know anything about this?
    -Andrew

Might need to start a new thread here, but what is the best kind of BFBOV to get? I have heard that they don't really help performance much, but the sound can be useful intimidating sub-200 hp Pontiacs
    2004 Platinum XT