Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; BriSalig, please elaborate on how a 16 year old goes about driving Ferraris and Maseratis. What baffles me even more ...

BriSalig, please elaborate on how a 16 year old goes about driving Ferraris and Maseratis. What baffles me even more is that this same 16 year old that gets to drive these supercars takes more than 2 seconds slower than the norm to go from 0-60 in a rex. Please explain.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok guys give him a break, he is only 16 Did i read right that you shifted at 2500rpm??? or was that your launch? Either way you are going to get smoked. The turbo doesn't even start to spool til about 3000rpm so no wonder you got your a$$ kicked by a grand am. Maybe me and you can race, i might actually beat somebody with my automatic wrx
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

He shifted at 2500?

How is that even considered a race then? If that was the case, they'd shift into 5th gear at like 30 mph or whatever rofl.

Sorry, nothing against you fastwrx...but shifted at 2500? r o f l.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Yeah i was laughing my a$$ off when i read that. Im pretty sure i read the guys post right. He said he shifted at 2500rpm. I was like whats the point then???
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

maybe he stalled out?
    Just a thought.
    kee kee kee.
    -soul

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: bad gas

Originally posted by artist71
    I lost to a GTP one time in my 300zx TT. The person at the pump put in 87 octane. Made my 0-60 9sec. After I cleaned it out I got 6 sec 0-60. I would check to make sure you put in the correct gas (91 or 92) and make sure that the gas is good. Hope this helps.
    YOU don't fill your own car?????!!!!!

2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Okay, here are my responses.

I am 6 foot 2 inches tall...and weigh 170 lbs. (someone asked me if i was 800 lbs)

To the kid who likes his rs. I am indeed 16 and yes I have a WRX...I worked damn hard for the car. I went 50/50 with my dad...and I have to pay for my own insurance. I finance this through a small ticket broker company that I started with one of my friends. I also help teach scuba dive classes over the summer. A car is all I have ever wanted. I spent every dime I had on this car, and I love it to death. I am sorry that you feel I should not have it, I believe with every ounce of my heart that I deserve it. I am certainly lucky that my dad said hed go 50/50...but still guys...its a lot of money for a 16 year old to throw down. Have some respect!

i am gonna try a 0-60 time this afternoon on my way back from the dealership after the oil change. Ill post that time for you guys....but it may be kinda raw...lll be doing it with a stopwatch...but what the hell...ill be able to get a basic idea. Maybe there is something wrong with my WRX??

I did not shift at 2500 RPM when racing the Grand Am. I shifted at about 6200. When not racing...I want to take good care of the engine..so I will probally start shifting just under 3k...like 2800 rpm. I did that the whole way to school today and it was fine.

Best Regards,
    Brian

Almost forgot.

I am a member of the FCA which stands for Ferrari Club of America. I attend all of the Saint Louis events...icluding the track events. I have been fortunate enough to drive a 355, 328, and one 360 spider. These cars are quite a bit different than my WRX. I have only ever driven the 328gts on the street. I will say one more time...I do not go around driving these exotic cars. I have lapped them a few times at a track...but thats it! Its just a club I belong to. Bunch of rich old men who have ferraris...and then theres me with my rex. Thats it. Its all about who you know...and the friends you can make.

Best Regards,
    Brian

First of all, stop worrying about the oh-ah 0-60 time you can get. It's clear from what you've said about your own driving skill and what others have noticed, you won't be getting that low 0-60 without a good launch.

Secondly, I understand and agree that you want to take good care of your car - we all do, but this isn't stone-age technology thats put into these cars. They are meant to take a beating. You don't have to "drive it like you stole it," but at least drive the car to somewhat of it's potential.

Lastly, even when I was stock, and then with just a MBC - I still shifted at fuel cut. Yeah, the stock turbo wheezes (sp?) post 5500 rpm or what not, but i'd reccomend at least shifting at redline for now. My last car was an integra, so i'm used to shifting at 8200.

Just my $.02

Good luck.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by BriSalig

Ive known how to drive a stick for a few years now...
    Brian
    One question...how were you able to drive for a few years already if you're 16? Isn't 16 the minimum age requirement to drive? I live in CA so I don't know the laws of other states and their minimum age requirements

Are you sure you didn't start in third?

Also, I wouldn't tell anyone else about losing to a Grand Am.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

You mean you never drove around your neighborhood before you were 16? Come on...ill never believe that... Plus I got my drivers permit when I turned 15...so ive been drivin on the road for a year and a half now.
    2004 Silver WRX

I can't stop laughing.....

You just need to practice some more, but until then don't race anyone else!!! j/k

Maybe some dudes with Grand Am's will read this and think they can beat me, I can't wait!!!!

okay guys...lets all laugh at me a little more...and then thats the end of it. There is no point of dwelling on it. I need to learn to drive hard...thats all there is too it. Ill post the story of my next race. Its on for friday night vs the bright red grand am. Were gonna do a 0-whatever I can before my V1 goes off. I better smoke him!

Wish me luck...and Ill post the story

Regards,
    Brian
    2004 Silver WRX

You'll do fine, just don't be afraid to rev that baby, you got a warranty! and your motor is plenty broken in. I'll be looking for that post. Practice a few launches, rev to about 3k and don't dump it but feather it, you'll blast off. That shouldn't be too hard on the tranny, Good luck!

Originally posted by BriSalig
    okay guys...lets all laugh at me a little more...and then thats the end of it. There is no point of dwelling on it. I need to learn to drive hard...thats all there is too it. Ill post the story of my next race. Its on for friday night vs the bright red grand am. Were gonna do a 0-whatever I can before my V1 goes off. I better smoke him!

Wish me luck...and Ill post the story

Regards,
    Brian
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.