Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 03 blue rex Did you remember to shift out of 1st gear? Did you get the break ...

Originally posted by 03 blue rex
    Did you remember to shift out of 1st gear?

Did you get the break and gas pedals mixed up?

Was the parking break on?

Are you sure it wasnt a Ferrari?

Were you driving backwards?

Were you getting head at the time, it may cause you to lose focus.

Are you a troll saying you lost to a Grand Am?

Are you sure you dont own a Kia?

One of these is correct. please tell me which one.
    I am sitting at my desk laughing like a fool.

have to add one more
    Are you sure you weren't diving a bananna seat bicycle

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How in the hell? I've raced a newer Grand Am and I gave him a 2 car jump and still walked him hardcore... I don't get it.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

He probably is never going to post here again because all of you are making fun of him

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    He probably is never going to post here again because all of you are making fun of him
    I hope we didn't scare him away, It's all clean family fun! If I was beaten by a hyundai, I would expect the same treatment. Although I would probably keep it as my little secret...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Nope guys, im here, and here for a while. I am really intersted to see what my next race looks like. While on the topic of driving...haha...what do you guys shift at usually when just casually driving around?? What kind of gas mileage do you get??

I am on many chat forums...I know its all in good fun(for the most part) Sure i suck as a driver, but this is the first powerful car ive ever owned...actually the first car ive ever owned...im 16. Went 50/50 with my dad on the car...(Hard work pays off)

Maybe the problem is that I learned to drive standard transmission on a 1994 Volvo 850 sedan... Im just not givin the car enough juice?? Ive known how to drive a stick for a few years now...just never owned a car like this. What do you guys shift at when driving casually..and when racing. Chris shifts his volvo at like 2500 rpm...should i shift there or can i take the WRX higher??

I now have 3k miles on my baby...and want to keep her running clean and fast.

After we race again..ill post the story.

Im glad that Im getting to know all of you through this post

Signed
    The kid who got his ass kicked by the pontiac grand am
    Brian

Just so you guys dont think im a total DB...i am really into cars. Like i said, this is the first car ive ever owned...and I want it to last. Plus, I wanna keep it in good shape. I am really into high performance cars. I have spent lots of time driving ferraris and maseratis. (I volunteered for a few weeks with the FCA over the summer) The only difference is that it was on a track...and I can beat the **** outa them. Italian cars THAT ARE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER can take a great beating...but its not really a beating to them I cant drive my daily driver like I drive someone elses ferrari...so dont tell me I should. Please give me some help by anwsering my questions from my above post.

Where should I shift
    What kind of MPG should i get...(im not gettig the 20-27)

also..if i shift real low....like 2500, other cars go speeding by me!!

I normally shift around 3.5K to 4.5K normal driving. When I'm looking to pass, I go as far as I need to but try not to hit the rev limiter. I haven't hit the limiter so far.

I hope we did not offend you in anyway. It's just like giving the new guy a noogie. You'll get your chance. The gals/guys here are pretty cool. Stick around.

-j-

Where should I shift

also..if i shift real low....like 2500, other cars go speeding by me!! [/B]
    I drive like a bat outta hell, I usuall shift around 6K, when racing 6.5K. Launch at around 3k when racing.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Maybe its because I'm jealous, but here it goes, I'm thinking a 16 year old shouldn't have a WRX, you should have gotten an RS instead, because I just don't think a young kid should have a car like that. Maybe it's because im just jealous, but anywho I'll echo what everyone else says just practice practice practice on the launch. (Btw if it makes you feel any better, I raced my friend who has a 04 WRX, against my 02 RS and beat him) Good luck.

Omigod, that list is hilarious! I'm so sorry, I know I'm late to the party, but I gotsta getz mine in:

How many midgets were in the backseat?

Did you have a sofa on the roof?

Did you have midgets in the backseat and on the sofa?

Was Big Pun your co-pilot?

How 'bout Biggie?

Sorry, man, it hurt me to post that list. I know, deep down in my heart, that you will never lose to another Grand Am again. I believe in you! Now go rape your friend's Grand Am like the turbo monster that you are.

Originally posted by BriSalig
    Just so you guys dont think im a total DB...i am really into cars. Like i said, this is the first car ive ever owned...and I want it to last. Plus, I wanna keep it in good shape. I am really into high performance cars. I have spent lots of time driving ferraris and maseratis. (I volunteered for a few weeks with the FCA over the summer) The only difference is that it was on a track...and I can beat the **** outa them. Italian cars THAT ARE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER can take a great beating...but its not really a beating to them I cant drive my daily driver like I drive someone elses ferrari...so dont tell me I should. Please give me some help by anwsering my questions from my above post.

Where should I shift

also..if i shift real low....like 2500, other cars go speeding by me!!
    If you are just driving the car around leisurely you might as well shift at 2,500 RPM or less as you will optimize fuel economy and minimize engine wear. Driven this way my WRX will get around 22-25 MPG in mostly city driving. If driven gently on the freeway it will get 27-31 MPG. When you want to go fast in a WRX you have to rev it some. Decent performance happens above 3,500 RPM and it only gets better until about 6k RPM, where it tapers off. You can get really bad fuel economy in these cars if you work at it. I think the general rule is to stay out of boost unless you need it, which usually means shift at <3k RPM and keep throttle openings moderate. If you want to go fast you need lots of throttle and lots or RPM.

You need to go outside and check out your car really quick. Did someone sell you a rebadged 2.5 rs or normal impreza? Or do you weigh something like 800lbs?
    -Andrew

One of these is correct. please tell me which one.
    ROFL.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Woot! Vert quoted my old Sig. And I know what the problem is really. You are probably low on boost fluid.
    -Andrew

$$

That quote owns!

Honestly though, without launching the car at all, you should still dust a grand am. You could gradually take off at something awful like 1000 rpm's and still warp (yes I said warp, k?) past one.

Did you miss-shift into 5th from 1st or something like miss-shift in general?

...save for the above sarcasm.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.