Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well at the rate you are going with the grand am I'm not sure i would try racing the 330. ...

Well at the rate you are going with the grand am I'm not sure i would try racing the 330. You may get smoked, judging from your last race! You better practice by yourself for a while before you race someone else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Until you get the hang of it and you see an SRT-4 coming, take the nearest exit. (J/K)

I was thing the same lines that it was possibly a Grand Prix, but I guess not. Good luck on the next run.

bad gas

I lost to a GTP one time in my 300zx TT. The person at the pump put in 87 octane. Made my 0-60 9sec. After I cleaned it out I got 6 sec 0-60. I would check to make sure you put in the correct gas (91 or 92) and make sure that the gas is good. Hope this helps.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by JRissen
    I agree you must have gotten a really bad launch. Rev up to 5k-6k RPM, dump that clutch and you will kick his ass.
    NEVER dump the clutch at those rpms, unless you don't like your tranny. Rev the motor up around 4-4.5K rpms, up and down like you are revving on someone, and slowly let up your foot, like you just stepped in a wad of gum. Le the the clutch slip until you feel it hook, then side step the clutch. And your off, mopping up that Grand Am.

Did you remember to shift out of 1st gear?

Did you get the break and gas pedals mixed up?

Was the parking break on?

Are you sure it wasnt a Ferrari?

Were you driving backwards?

Were you getting head at the time, it may cause you to lose focus.

Are you a troll saying you lost to a Grand Am?

Are you sure you dont own a Kia?

One of these is correct. please tell me which one.
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold
    04 Black Forester XT - Nice

My '02 ran a calculated (from 60' and 1/8th mile numbers) 5.48 or so 0-60. If you bought the car to impress your grand am friends, 7 sec 0-60's are what you will get. If you bought it to run the #s it is capable of, drive the thing man. Launch rpms are dictated by the stickiness of your rubber and the launch surface. Sometimes 6k rpm launches are necessary. Tire spin when launching is good...high rpm but not enough to break the tires loose means butt loads of stress on the tranny.

VV

Originally posted by BriSalig
    he and I are gonna have another race once I get my oil changed...I got a bad launch...and the turbo was not spoolin. It was laggin like a mother.

What about an automatic BMW 330ci...theres a kid a my school who wants to race me with one of those...on the highway??
    i dont know if they are similar engines, but i raced a BMW 328ci (i think thats it, post is somewhere here) and it had headers, intake, exhaust and chip... we raced from a 40mph roll... neither pulled... dead even to like 90.... it was a little wet on the road, since it rained earlier in the day.. so we didnt go from a stop.... dont know if that gives you an idea about the 330, i know nothing about BMW's..

oh im completely stock performance wise.... 03 wrx.... and i had 2 other people in my car, he had none..... so that was the situation

I'm ashamed! I had this guy in a modded grand am try to race me and I walked away without even a good launch. Were you pulling a trailer with a civic on it or something It's OK, I'm sure you won't let it happen again
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Originally posted by Zem
    What's the speed in 5th gear at half the redline rpm? Double it.
    That would be the theoretical top speed, not the real one. Assuming an '04 is like an '03 they run about 143 when drag=power. On a long donwhill they will run about 148, at which point boost is seriously curtailed. (for a stock car)

I know....I lost to a grand am. I guess i just got a bad launch. What about racing from a roll??
    If you can't win from a stop you will get murdered from a roll

jeez. I havent seen any posts from this guy recently- maybe all u guys scared him away from not posting any more.

funny stuff tho. Maybe he is shifting at like 4 or 5 g instead of really letting the engine do its stuff. I know some people that are afraid to really rev their engine.

Re: Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM??

I have a stock 2004 WRX 5-speed. How did I loose to my friends Grand AM!?!?!?(also stock) I got around an 8 second 0-60...i thought it was supposed to be faster. What is a real 0-60 time for a stock WRX...not the car and driver numbers...but a real time?!?!
    No offense, man, but you probably need to spend sometime learning to launch the car. It takes some practice. Also, get a boost controller.

-Jim

Yeah..you expect to just engage the clutch, then floor it and get a 5.4 0-60 time?

Practice launching.

I got 4.7 0-60 when I was stage II minus UTEC.

When my 02 WRX was stock and I didn't know how to drive it, I got beat by some pretty slow cars. I would bogg the launch and then have to play catch up.

What makes a stock WRX (respectfully fast) 0-60mph is all in the launch. You take that away from it and its not fast.

I've also always told people don't buy a WRX for its stock performance. Buy it because it can be modded and made fast very easily.

Originally posted by drizze99
    C'mon man, drive it like you stole it!!

LOL!!!!! What a great line!

I still cant believe you lost to a Grand AM...can we have a moderator ban this guy or somethin?

Just kiddin
    Last edited by Lt. Boom Stick; 09-09-2003 at 02:10 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast