Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright man, you must be mad because you believed it for a while then your friends made fun of you. ...

Alright man, you must be mad because you believed it for a while then your friends made fun of you. I however am secure enough in myself to still feel good about myself if stupid people own WRXs as well.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by zapman
    You guys are just makeing every newbie with a wrx look like a complete dumb ass when they actually beleive your **** and go to the track and start talking smack about this ****. Then we all look bad.
    I kind of see you point, but, come on, did you really think the WRX had a Flux Capacitor! This is one of the greatest threads ever I laugh every time I look at it. This thread is full of great info I could just picture someone at the track talking about how they want a new "Catch Can." I know mine made a huge difference.

I guess the madness has to stop sometime, but why????
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

I am not at all a dumbass. I assure you that I am not. I am completely secure in that sense. I for a while was/am insecure about my driving abilities on the street, however they are improving rapidly. I had two races on the way to school this morning...one was with the Grand am driven by my buddy wes...and I walked on him. 3-4 car lengths by 70 mph. I also had a good run with a 1997-1998 BMW 328is. It was a 5-speed. The guy nodded at a light..I was not sure if there was gonna be a race..so I took off anyways. He was racing...but I beat him by about 1-2 car lengths (shut down at the top of second) Those things are quick!

I got my 3.5-4k launches down! I raced twice today with a launch at 3.5k...and won both times. Im gonna take it easy on her for a while now. Two victories on the way to school! What a good start to my morning.

You guys are sculpting me into a racing beast.
    2004 Silver WRX

Congrats on the kills! Keep it up! No need to take it easy unless your smelling clutch I feel like a proud father!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

Sry, if you guys took it like i maded an ass of myself talking about the boost fluid and i was angry for you guys ****ing with me. I knew you guys were full of sh!t but i know way to many stupid people who believe **** like that. And yes this has been a f'n awesome thread.

Good kills brian, just get those up to bus lengths instead of cars

Hey guys...wes and I raced again this morining on the way to school. (wes is the driver of that pontiac) We met at the same light on the way to grab some breakfast. I reved up and down maxin out at like 4.5k. When the light changed, I hooked the clutch...and nailed the throttle. By the top of 1st gear, I was already 1 car infront. I shifted to second...and by the top of second I was 3-4 cars infront. I took a little into 3rd before shutting down...and looked WAY back. He said I was like 4-5 cars infront of him. Its hard to tell when you are infront.

Heres the bad news...My physics teacher saw us later on the way to school. Not the race...but he saw some agressive driving between the two of us. (we engaged in a little race to school after we finished eating. I won...but almost got totally busted by the teacher. He asked us about it during physics....so busted!) He only saw wes...but wes told him that he was chasing me...

My car is gettin me into trouble
    2004 Silver WRX

Originally posted by BriSalig
    Hey guys...wes and I raced again this morining on the way to school. (wes is the driver of that pontiac) We met at the same light on the way to grab some breakfast. I reved up and down maxin out at like 4.5k. When the light changed, I hooked the clutch...and nailed the throttle. By the top of 1st gear, I was already 1 car infront. I shifted to second...and by the top of second I was 3-4 cars infront. I took a little into 3rd before shutting down...and looked WAY back. He said I was like 4-5 cars infront of him. Its hard to tell when you are infront.

Heres the bad news...My physics teacher saw us later on the way to school. Not the race...but he saw some agressive driving between the two of us. (we engaged in a little race to school after we finished eating. I won...but almost got totally busted by the teacher. He asked us about it during physics....so busted!) He only saw wes...but wes told him that he was chasing me...

My car is gettin me into trouble
    Yeah it happens, I did something similar a while back in my Civic Si, I was driving back to work from my lunch. I see this Blazer putting along and I went to pass and there is another car in the other lane and I squeeze between them cutting off the Blazer. I also had a donut tire on my car so it was extra dangerous.
    Anywayz I get back to work and I'm walking to my office and the Blazer pulls into the lot and parks. The door opens, it's my BOSS! Man he was pissed , he called me into his office, and he wanted to fire me! He's like why the hell are you driving like that, especially with a donut tire! I work for a homebuilder and he didn't appreciate my driving in the development. His boss, told him not too fire me since I'm a good worker!!! I'm still here... He's not

Tell you teacher you were testing the physics of your car, you wanted to see how much G force it could exert during acceleration. Good luck!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Well dude, you have mastered the art of beating the stock Grand Am...... You don't need a 4+ k launch to do it either, just accelerate without bogging and you will be fine.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    Well dude, you have mastered the art of beating the stock Grand Am...... You don't need a 4+ k launch to do it either, just accelerate without bogging and you will be fine.
    I agree, he needs to move to bigger and better things, he might need a Catch Can though
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

All the talk about boost fluid, boost oil and flux capacitors got me thinking about my next mod, a gonkulator .
    Orange cones fear me.

That is to much to read, cool AV though.
    -Andrew

Too many pop-ups too.

turbo grandam??

ok my last car was also a 99 grandam gt wiich i had supercharged with a magnacharger roots type but got tottaled shortly after. My friend has a 2003 grand am and is thinking of getting a turob kit for it and was wondering if we ran would he be able to keep up?? my old sc grand am was pretty fast making 245 hp @ 5psi. The turbo kit will be set at 8 psi making 286hp and 310 tQ so what u guys think of these two cars from a dead stop?

hey, if you want to go out and drive around with me to get some good driving in im up for it... since we both live in saint louis. im free tuesday all day pretty much.

Originally posted by JRissen
    I agree you must have gotten a really bad launch. Rev up to 5k-6k RPM, dump that clutch and you will kick his ass.
    its definatly a short between the steering wheel and the driver seat

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.