Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Okay...WHATS A REAL 0-60 TIME and WHY DID I LOOSE TO MY FRIENDS GRAND AM?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; GOOD KILLLLLLL!!!!! Brian, your car will be just fine. Wes's however will need a good shampooing... I presume you got ...

GOOD KILLLLLLL!!!!!

Brian, your car will be just fine. Wes's however will need a good shampooing...

I presume you got a BFBOV and BFCC, otherwise he would have 0w3ned you...

You seem real interested in taking care of you first car, which is very admirable. Keep the oil changed, rotate the tires, keep it clean inside and out, and don't crash it... it will last a long time. And don't worry about revving that puppy.

Next up: Ford Mustang 6 cyl!
    2004 Platinum XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by BriSalig
    the torque corves. It peaks at 5800...Im shocked that I waited till 6200 even. I should have shifted at 5800. Or maybe not?!
    Good Job, you beat him like a red headed stepchild. I'm proud of you? I'm glad you showed your buddy what a real car can do. Usually when I race I redline it, but just yesterday I was kinda thinking the way you are, peak boost is around 4K and when you shift at redline your around 5K when the rev's drop back down. I dunno, peak horsepower is at 6k, it's all a matter of opinion I guess. I sure there's 10 million threads out there on the subject. Anywayz, I'm glad I can now sleep at night knowing there isn't some guy out there in a stock grand am that thinks he can beat me Welcome to the club, congrats
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Thanks Jamie

I really appericiate all the help i got from you guys..even the jackass comments. I dont know what boost fluid is?? Is that bad if i dont know??

Regards,
    Brian
    2004 Silver WRX

Originally posted by B-Rex
    GOOD KILLLLLLL!!!!!

Brian, your car will be just fine. Wes's however will need a good shampooing...

I presume you got a BFBOV and BFCC, otherwise he would have 0w3ned you...

You seem real interested in taking care of you first car, which is very admirable. Keep the oil changed, rotate the tires, keep it clean inside and out, and don't crash it... it will last a long time. And don't worry about revving that puppy.

Next up: Ford Mustang 6 cyl!
    Maybe a stock civic EX first?
    -Andrew

Ha-HA! Nice kill. That's the way to put him in his place. Looks like his girl did too.

Originally posted by BriSalig
    Thanks Jamie

I really appericiate all the help i got from you guys..even the jackass comments. I dont know what boost fluid is?? Is that bad if i dont know??

Regards,
    Brian
    No problem, sorry for bustin your chops. You'll learn more about boost fluid as you learn about your ride Hopefully you'll be posting more kills soon.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

Good job! Don't worry about the car. As long as you keep all fluids clean, you'll be fine...

I just wanted to share...

When I first got my WRX I was brand new to AWD/Turbo cars with a manual. I was also not used to revving so high on the tach. Ironically I came from a 99 black Grand Am GT to the WRX.

I could not drive for ****. As a test I raced my girlfriends Saturn SL2.. and sigh... lost. Like you, with a little help from my friends on the boards I raced her again.

I layed some serious smack down on her. lol
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

Come on you guys,
    there is no suck thing as Boost FLUID. It is called boost OIL. If you dont keep a proper mix of 10W30 and 5W30 BOOST OIL in your boost OIL TURBO CATCH-CAN, you will destroy the turbo on any revs above 6000RPM's. The catch can is VERY hard to find in the car.
    Consult other forums and you will find more about Boost OIL.
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

Boost Oil? I have never heard of anything so stupid in my life. You know it isn't cool to come in here and make up parts to a car to mess with newbs like yourself. That is just stupid.

Boost OIL.. retarded.
    -Andrew

back when i had my car, and about 500miles on it, i made an aggresive lane switch to prevent rearending this red Grandam with chrome wheels. Anyways he lines up with me at the next light. I casually take off, go for second at like 2k, and he goes by, WOT, i cant go back to first cause, we all know how those damn synchros work... oh well, i stay in it, hit boost, cut 4 cars into 1, hit third, and waved bye-bye to him. Also consider that if you miss any shifts in a stock Rex, almost anything on the road has a shot to beat you. If you dont shift at 7, youll be out of the torque curve in second, and youll be hurting your car's ability to pull the next gear.

Needless to say ive put 18K miles of drivin on the WRX, and your driving will probably get alot better, as did mine.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

LMAO, boost fluid...gotta change my flux-capacitor fluid or else my car will never reach 88 MPH.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

Boost oil.. Boost fluid, it's all the same thing, just make sure your Catch Can is big enough or your BFBOV will have some serious issues with overflow. Since I switched over to the Motul, my stock Resevior/Catch Can couldn't handle the extra flow. I just got my Sti Res/CC today so I'm looking good. I've also got steel braided hoses on the way to handle the extra pressure. The only thing I'm worried about now is my MAF and EBC overheating, need liquid cooling. I wondering if I can run another hose off my BFBOV to accomplish this, any ideas?

P.S. My igniters are running hot too?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by jamie007
    Boost oil.. Boost fluid, it's all the same thing, just make sure your Catch Can is big enough or your BFBOV will have some serious issues with overflow. Since I switched over to the Motul, my stock Resevior/Catch Can couldn't handle the extra flow. I just got my Sti Res/CC today so I'm looking good. I've also got steel braided hoses on the way to handle the extra pressure. The only thing I'm worried about now is my MAF and EBC overheating, need liquid cooling. I wondering if I can run another hose off my BFBOV to accomplish this, any ideas?

P.S. My igniters are running hot too?
    Look where you live...No wonder you are running hot. An extra shot of boost fluid from a canister mounted in a cooler area of the car will do the trick. Mounting in the trunk usually helps and the switch hookup is easy into one of those empty slots by the foglight switch!! Good luck
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

You guys are just makeing every newbie with a wrx look like a complete dumb ass when they actually beleive your **** and go to the track and start talking smack about this ****. Then we all look bad.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.