Fengshui takes a BMW E46 M3 convertible from 0-60...

This is a discussion on Fengshui takes a BMW E46 M3 convertible from 0-60... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm on my way to go mtn biking. I have the bike on the roof rack and I'm pulling ...

Fengshui takes a BMW E46 M3 convertible from 0-60...

So I'm on my way to go mtn biking. I have the bike on the roof rack and I'm pulling out of my sidestreet onto the Blvd. which is absolutely strait for miles with stop lights and I see one of those torqoiuse (sp?) brand new M3 convertibles. So I speed up and manage to catch him at the first light, with 2 strait lanes. He is talking on the phone, but he appears to be ending the conversation, so I wasn't sure if he was game. Then I heard the rev of the mighty 333hp I-6 and I knew he wanted to gun it, but still wasn't quite sure, so I revved back. The light turned green and I saw him start the roll ahead of me, so I rev'd to 4K and slipped it with a perfect launch. By mid 1st gear our hoods were even, then I heard him go WOT and let me tell you it was SCARY But as I looked over we were still even, so shifting to 2nd (which I did so quickly and perfectly thanks to practice). I was actually putting small ammounts of distance on him (OK, so now I'm thinking, WTF?!). By mid 3rd gear I was 1 car ahead I heard him cut off WOT and I saw cop lights ahead for a bike race that was happening. So I hit the brake lights a few times to notify him and we come to a stop next to each other. He told me my car was pretty fast and I replied that my ~280hp was nothing to his 333hp and how his car was "OH SO SWEET!" He told me he wasn't quite ready, but then again I didn't launch it until he started rolling. Then he said my car was sweet too and how much he liked them and then I was behind him for a ways and when it came time to go my seperate way, we both waved. Very Cool race but I still have no idea how I was able to take him 0-60, but I do have my boost map set up for quick spooling and my 1st and 2nd gear are hella quick. I wouldn't be surprised if my car was around M3 performance 0-60mph. Should the race have continued any faster, I'd have to call him long distance to congratulate him for kicking my butt. All in all it has been a good day and a good mtn bike ride.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.new-cars.com/2003/bmw/bmw...ble-specs.html

Well this site has it listed as 0-60 in 5.4s and I'm sure I can break 5s with my current mods. So I'd consider it a fair race.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Wow!!! A BMW guy that wasn't a prick. Those are nice to encounter.

-Jim