Fengshui takes a BMW E46 M3 convertible from 0-60...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fengshui takes a BMW E46 M3 convertible from 0-60... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm on my way to go mtn biking. I have the bike on the roof rack and I'm pulling ...

Fengshui takes a BMW E46 M3 convertible from 0-60...

So I'm on my way to go mtn biking. I have the bike on the roof rack and I'm pulling out of my sidestreet onto the Blvd. which is absolutely strait for miles with stop lights and I see one of those torqoiuse (sp?) brand new M3 convertibles. So I speed up and manage to catch him at the first light, with 2 strait lanes. He is talking on the phone, but he appears to be ending the conversation, so I wasn't sure if he was game. Then I heard the rev of the mighty 333hp I-6 and I knew he wanted to gun it, but still wasn't quite sure, so I revved back. The light turned green and I saw him start the roll ahead of me, so I rev'd to 4K and slipped it with a perfect launch. By mid 1st gear our hoods were even, then I heard him go WOT and let me tell you it was SCARY But as I looked over we were still even, so shifting to 2nd (which I did so quickly and perfectly thanks to practice). I was actually putting small ammounts of distance on him (OK, so now I'm thinking, WTF?!). By mid 3rd gear I was 1 car ahead I heard him cut off WOT and I saw cop lights ahead for a bike race that was happening. So I hit the brake lights a few times to notify him and we come to a stop next to each other. He told me my car was pretty fast and I replied that my ~280hp was nothing to his 333hp and how his car was "OH SO SWEET!" He told me he wasn't quite ready, but then again I didn't launch it until he started rolling. Then he said my car was sweet too and how much he liked them and then I was behind him for a ways and when it came time to go my seperate way, we both waved. Very Cool race but I still have no idea how I was able to take him 0-60, but I do have my boost map set up for quick spooling and my 1st and 2nd gear are hella quick. I wouldn't be surprised if my car was around M3 performance 0-60mph. Should the race have continued any faster, I'd have to call him long distance to congratulate him for kicking my butt. All in all it has been a good day and a good mtn bike ride.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.new-cars.com/2003/bmw/bmw...ble-specs.html

Well this site has it listed as 0-60 in 5.4s and I'm sure I can break 5s with my current mods. So I'd consider it a fair race.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Wow!!! A BMW guy that wasn't a prick. Those are nice to encounter.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.