WRX vs Firehawk vs Integra GSR. All towing jetskis...

This is a discussion on WRX vs Firehawk vs Integra GSR. All towing jetskis... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought a used 2000 Kawasaki Ultra 150 JetSki last weekend (side note: I got 21 mpg doing 80 mph ...

Talking WRX vs Firehawk vs Integra GSR. All towing jetskis...

I bought a used 2000 Kawasaki Ultra 150 JetSki last weekend (side note: I got 21 mpg doing 80 mph while towing the ski and trailer on the drive back from Michigan) and met up with some good friends of mine who also ride Ultras. After a day of pounding the waves in Lake Michigan on the Indiana shoreline, we loaded up the trailers to head home.

You'd think that with all the times we've all gone to the dragstrip together and competed, and then racing each other on the lake all day long, that we could enjoy a nice relaxing cruise home. But no, we have to end up racing while towing jetskis. Go figure...

Race 1: My WRX (mods in signature) versus 1999 Firehawk TransAm (mods: Upgraded auto trans, with Vigilante Torque Converter-3200 stall, Long tube headers, catback, aftermarket cam, and PCM tuning.). Starting at a light, we both accelerated easily up to about 5 mph to avoid shocking the trailers too much, and then hit it. Even with 800 lbs in back of his car, he still made the tires scream. Very impressive. I fell back about 1 car length (trailer length not included) by the top of 1st gear, and by the time I shifted and was part way through 2nd, he was 5-6 cars ahead. Hmmm, I may need to put a hitch on my Firehawk to stay with him next time.

Race 2: My WRX (mods in signature still) versus 2000-ish Integra GSR(? Whichever is the top engine version, but a step below the lighter Type R) 5 speed (mods: exhaust, foglights, and uh, not much else ). Similar start as previous race, with each of us hitting the gas after rolling from a start at the green light. I jumped out about 1-2 lengths by the top of 1st gear. As I shifted to 2nd, I managed to hear him behind me REALLY winding his engine out. With me pulling hard in 2nd now, he finally shifted. I only needed to run it up to about 50 mph in 2nd to put about 5-6 total car lengths (trailer length still not included) on him before braking and letting him pass by me.

It should be noted that witnesses and bystanders were likely shaking their heads and rolling their eyes at our displays of immaturity, but we were all laughing hysterically.

*Notes: Dry weight of the Jetski is 613 lbs. Estimated 150 lbs for the trailer. WRX towing capacity is rated at 2000 lbs.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    lol....all I can say...lol
    2003 SRT-4

hahaha! fun fun fun!
    -tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

I Support ClubWRX
    Hahaha, best post I've read in a while! Keep up the good work.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

And people think I race too much? Man, you are hard core!!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

lmao, thats a good one...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I've done a few burnouts in my dads denali pulling up boat ramps pulling the boat up back home. Wet tires and a 3500lb load make it pretty easy, and its always impressive to the bystanders.

tcc

LOL that teg owner musta been REALLY pissed when you smoked him while TOWING jetskis!
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

Originally posted by Butterfingers
    LOL that teg owner musta been REALLY pissed when you smoked him while TOWING jetskis!
    To be fair, he was towing a jetski also (see title).

Hero

Wow, you're my hero. That's hilarious.