Raced A Turbo Civic Just Now!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced A Turbo Civic Just Now! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got home from work, and I raced a 96-up turbo Civic. We started at about 70mph on the highway. ...

Raced A Turbo Civic Just Now!

Just got home from work, and I raced a 96-up turbo Civic. We started at about 70mph on the highway. I let him start first so I knew he was going then punched it. I instantly pulled 2 carlengths before he immediately gave up on me. I think it must have been a Turbo EX which is a single cam motor for those who don't know. They normally run in the 14's-15's depending on tuning and level of boost. Fun race though.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

70mph roll on? why start so high up there? if you must do a rolling start, do one from like 10-15mph or 30-35mph. anyhow, good run.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

turbo civics with stock motors are usually still slow...when they start swapping b-series motors is when they get wicked...cheezefrog on the jdmcivic website has over 400 whp on a ls motor...he's the one that raced the viper on racingflix.com
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

I Support ClubWRX
    Was it silver, lowered and sticker-less? That's funny, I think it might be my friend's car from work. We both just got off work a little while ago and he was driving up through Phoenix. Wonder if it was him? He's got a GReddy setup in an EX Civic - but it has an automatic! He ran a 15.9 best 1/4 mile, I believe. His car dynoed 128whp, if I remember correctly. He runs 6psi normally and 9 (?) at the track. It's a cool car, but the auto tranny and low boost are what's holding it back.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Not to mention the '92 Accord 2-door around here with an H22, fully built, bottom end redone, etc. running 11psi...

325whp on just boost/91 octane and 385whp with a little nitrous!

My friend's brother just bought it and I'm waiting to take a ride. It's a friggin' beast.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

It wasn't your friend, but your friend did buy an exhaust from me last night for his friend. The Civic I raced was Dark Green. And to the person who asked why we didn't race from 10-15mph, it's because we were on a highway and we would have been killed! I figure you just didn't see the highway part on my original post. And yes I know what kinds of hondas and honda motors are fast. Those cars, and now the WRX are the cars I know TONS about. Thanks for the replies.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.