the XT is not as fast as C&D say it is....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on the XT is not as fast as C&D say it is.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I test drove the Forester XT today and I can tell you that it is not as fast as the ...

the XT is not as fast as C&D say it is....

I test drove the Forester XT today and I can tell you that it is not as fast as the WRX. It does have some zip but it's not a 0-60 in 5.3 vehicle. I would say more like 6.3. My wife and are still thinking about getting one cause it is still very nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"I'm running 13.7 @ 97 mph with a drop in panel filter, IC sprayer and lighter wheels. As an owner of an XT and an owner who has scared the crap out of many a' WRX driver by giving them a ride and having gotten "This thing is so much faster then my WRX" from every single one of them, I do believe it is the WRX killer it is made out to be. I've cooked a few at stoplights more then once.
    - BrysImpreza"

That's a quote from an XT owner, that is pretty fast.

I recently drove a stock Forester XT and a stock WRX wagon. My wife needs a new vehicle...

They were both 5 speeds and I can say that the Forester does feel faster in a strait line to me. There is almost no turbo lag at all. Keep in mind also that the Forester has much more agressive gearing for drag-race type acceleration.

It does have some zip but it's not a 0-60 in 5.3 vehicle. I would say more like 6.3. My wife and are still thinking about getting one cause it is still very nice.
    Do you think that they magicaly produced a 5.3 sec time out of thin air? Of course to get that time they had a pretty aggresive launch which I doubt you did in the car. At least I hope you didnt!
    Last edited by silverscooby; 09-06-2003 at 07:10 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Re: the XT is not as fast as C&D say it is....

Originally posted by artist71
    I test drove the Forester XT today and I can tell you that it is not as fast as the WRX. It does have some zip but it's not a 0-60 in 5.3 vehicle. I would say more like 6.3. My wife and are still thinking about getting one cause it is still very nice.
    I test drove one and it certainly felt faster than a stock WRX to me. Compared to my Cobb stage 1, I would say it's certainly way way stronger below 3k RPM and maybe a little less strong above 4.5k RPM. All in all, it's quite rapid. I tend to believe the C & D #'s.

Re: the XT is not as fast as C&D say it is....

Originally posted by artist71
    It does have some zip but it's not a 0-60 in 5.3 vehicle. I would say more like 6.3.
    You are a "butt-dyno" kind of a guy, aren't ya

i dont know... it just may be me but I dont buy a suv looking for a performance vehicle... if i want a performance vehilce I'd get a normal coupe or sedan, just not an suv

That's the beauty of the Forester, it offers both performance and utility. All with the gas mileage of a normal sedan. IMO it is a great all around vehicle.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

hey guys...

hey guys...im just saying it didn't feel as fast as the WRX. Thats all I know. If it is faster than the WRX then I am happy living in denial. It was a test drive and I didn't do any launches or anything like that. I need to see the 2 race each other before I will change my mind.

Either way, we are trading the 3000gt in for it

85 in a Blazer or an f150 doesn't feel as fast as it does in a Grand am.

Consider ride height to mess with your speed perceptions

I sat in one that was all decked out with the premium package (leather sunroof etc.).

It was very nice, not cheap feeling at all, the leather is a nice touch, and OMG the sunroof is HUGE!
    Didn't drive it but if I had to have an SUV type thing that would be it without question.

You know what they say about poeple who drive Subarus besides WRX's......

Originally posted by zapman
    You know what they say about poeple who drive Subarus besides WRX's......
    ...I'll take the bait..."no, what?"

Originally posted by PKer
    Click here you Hamo

I see...thanks for imparting your wisdom.....er...what's a Hamo?

LOL

you're all a bunch of hamos.

dR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.