the XT is not as fast as C&D say it is.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on the XT is not as fast as C&D say it is.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I posted a review of the XT a while back. I didn't like the driving position, I didn't like the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I posted a review of the XT a while back. I didn't like the driving position, I didn't like the handling which was absolutely horrendous, but hey...it's still the best Forester out there.
    2010 SSM STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    uM YEA, lick my balls

Your image of a rally car doesn't make an impreza a sports car.

"Why use an underpowered, bad gearing, unstiff handling WRX when the STi is available and born to be race/rally ready."

to my understanding, the STi isnt rally ready due to its displacement. isnt that correct?

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Your image of a rally car doesn't make an impreza a sports car.

Yes it does
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by ervv173
    to my understanding, the STi isnt rally ready due to its displacement. isnt that correct?
    Production GT
    Following the showroom stock foundation of the Production Class, GT cars are more powerful and often are turbocharged. These primarily 4WD cars are allowed adjusted engine displacements over 2.65 litres.

from the SCCA rally rulebook

-alex

But for WRC displacement can't be more than 2.0 litres.

Isn't the 2.5L WRX STi only available in the US whereas all the other countries get the 2.0L WRX STi along with coverage of the WRC events? The US version STi wasn't meant for WRC since the US doesn't produce WRC cars to begin with. The US makes Stock cars for NASCAR. This is totally going off topic now, lets get back on track.

-alex

Originally posted by wRxOne
    Isn't the 2.5L WRX STi only available in the US whereas all the other countries get the 2.0L WRX STi along with coverage of the WRC events? The US version STi wasn't meant for WRC since the US doesn't produce WRC cars to begin with. The US makes Stock cars for NASCAR. This is totally going off topic now, lets get back on track.

-alex
    Yup you're right.

As for NASCAR, how many stock RWD V8 Taurus's do you see?

This is the worst thread ever!!! I have never seen more false, incorrect, and generalized statements in my life!!!

I would be quoting and correcting all day!!!

The WRX is NOT and rally car, it is NOT a sports car, it is NOT the best handling car in the world, probably not even in its class. The Forester will pull those times if driven hard. It is IS faster and just feels slower due for the reasons that some of the rational people in this thread mentioned -- progressive acceleration and car feel. The Forester is also not a bad handling car if setup correctly, about the same amount of money would be spent on a WRX to make it handle well -- and for that money the XT was toasting some WRXs and many other cars at a recent AutoX.

Bah -- there was more crap but I am tired

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    This is the worst thread ever!!! I have never seen more false, incorrect, and generalized statements in my life!!!

I would be quoting and correcting all day!!!

The WRX is NOT and rally car, it is NOT a sports car, it is NOT the best handling car in the world, probably not even in its class. The Forester will pull those times if driven hard. It is IS faster and just feels slower due for the reasons that some of the rational people in this thread mentioned -- progressive acceleration and car feel. The Forester is also not a bad handling car if setup correctly, about the same amount of money would be spent on a WRX to make it handle well -- and for that money the XT was toasting some WRXs and many other cars at a recent AutoX.

Bah -- there was more crap but I am tired

-joe

'Toasting' WRXs at AutoX? I highly doubt that. The Forester's handling isn't in the same league as the WRX. I test-drove one, and took it through its paces (and corners) and was thoroughly disappointed.

BTW, talk about vague statements: 'and for that money the XT was toasting some WRXs and many other cars at a recent AutoX'.

Uh-huh. In other news, Bin Laden was spotted in a country, and something happened to somebody who was at some place, according to his brother.

Last edited by WilliamG; 12-23-2003 at 07:06 AM.
    2010 SSM STI

Yeah, I guess that was a bit vague....I got tired of my own rant

What I meant was the same amount of money put into the Forester and the WRX makes the Forester just as or even a more viable AutoX car. The Forester at the AutoX actually did beat almost every car in the field......I am sure the driver has somethign do with that as well.

This Forester has springs/struts and wheels/tires IIRC and had the 5th fastest overall time of the day.

By the way, my father has one and I have driven it many times, so I am not totally in the dark on this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xt-2.jpg  
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Ike
    Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Yeah, I guess that was a bit vague....I got tired of my own rant

What I meant was the same amount of money put into the Forester and the WRX makes the Forester just as or even a more viable AutoX car. The Forester at the AutoX actually did beat almost every car in the field......I am sure the driver has somethign do with that as well.

This Forester has springs/struts and wheels/tires IIRC and had the 5th fastest overall time of the day.

By the way, my father has one and I have driven it many times, so I am not totally in the dark on this.

Do you by chance have a link to the results of that autox?

Doesn't take much to get the Forester to handle the same as a WRX. Same chassis, a little higher center of gravity, and a little more weight, with a very similar/exactly the same suspension components. Why wouldn't it handle equally?

-B

because with identical setup's (stock) both with crappy tires, a forrester is almost a full tenth less of grip versus the .83-.85 on the skidpad. while we can put STi suspension parts on the wrx, the forester will not be able to squeeze .9G's + of grip like the wrx/STi. Body roll will always be an issue with SUV's.
    Look @ the brakedive and roll in that autox photo.

That said, it could probably be the best handling SUV because of its flat motor, lower ride height, and less mass. I would be very interested to see how a XT with coil overs, and KDW tires performs.

Im jealous of the motor because of its VVT, but im really jealous of the gearing (1.5sec to 30)!!!! It scoots, for sure. I paced one from a roll, but the XT was full of camping crap. (210hp my arse)!!!
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234