the XT is not as fast as C&D say it is.... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on the XT is not as fast as C&D say it is.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4 uM YEA, lick my balls Mine too while your at it...

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    uM YEA, lick my balls
    Mine too while your at it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I agree that the WRX is not a sports car. It is a rally car though, which is even better.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by smokey
    but I'm just wondering why Subaru is making the Forrester faster than their flag ship car (WRX).
    The WRX is not Subaru's "Flagship" car I think that would be the legacy (probably B4). In Japan you can get turbocharged models of all Subies so the WRX version of the Impreza is just a turbocharged Impreza.

Originally posted by 1fastsubie
    This seems opposite to me. When I'm in a truck or van it feels like your flying at 70mph. In my rex at 90 it feels more like 60. I guess this could also be how smooth the ride is in my wrx on the highway?

-Fess
    I agree, driving big SUVs at highway speeds I always "feel" the speed much more than my wrx. I think an SUVs high center of gravity, light steering, wind noise and tire noise contribute greatly to that feeling.

my WRX is just so much easier and more fun to drive at speed.

The WRX is neither a sports car OR a rally car... it's a sports sedan (or sport wagon).

Originally posted by merlot
    The WRX is neither a sports car OR a rally car... it's a sports sedan (or sport wagon).
    Okay, okay folks... To each his/her own aw-ight!

Originally posted by PKer
    The WRX is not Subaru's "Flagship" car I think that would be the legacy (probably B4). In Japan you can get turbocharged models of all Subies so the WRX version of the Impreza is just a turbocharged Impreza.
    I guess I call it their "flagship" car simply because I see more WRX's on the road than any other Suby. Granted, this is Indy and it certainly is NOT indicitive of the rest of the country. Oh well...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by scoob
    Okay, okay folks... To each his/her own aw-ight!
    Yeah. My car is a sport-banana. (a blue one, at that)

PS Anyone wanna swap their FXT for my stock 2002 WRX wagon?

Most major racers use the STi not the WRX in rally's. It's the same platform but the handling and power is totally different. It doesn't make sense to put pictures of the STi rallying and argue about the WRX. The STi has always been a different car.

As for the XT, that is something SOA is probably experimenting with. The forester has a lot more competition since it's placed among the mini SUV catagory and also has to compete with V6 engines. The next step for the XT should be to go the route of the Xterra S/C. A more rugged look would be very welcomed since the Baja looks like a dork at the beach or anyplace it's parked afterall.

The STi has the EVO, the WRX has the RSX Type S, that's not much of a competition but more of a rival.

-alex

"Gimmie Gears' sponsor car, aka "The Gimmie Pig", is off to a great season. Scott G., driving his 2002 Subaru WRX, not only took 1st place overall at the Ridgecrest rally this year but was also rewarded with the fastest time of the day. Two other Gravel Crew members, Marvin Ronquillo and Martti Silvola also made a great showing by placing in the top five.

In the 2nd event of the year Scott once again displayed his prowess and superb driving skills with another win at the Tombstone rally. At the recent Goodsprings rally we were impressed once more when Scott took 5th overall. What? No 1st place you say? Well, considering the Gimmie Pig runs stock horsepower (and Gimmie Gears, of course) and he ran against some full-blown rally cars we were pretty much awed by this performance. "
    -Gimmiegears.com

So yea... Admit it, the wrx has heritage its just down a little on power and has bad gearing. Subaru's proving ground for the MY02 had bumps ruts and even a few jumps for magazine editors and drivers to rip around... And bottom line, they were all imprezzed. The fact that the WRX ran toe to toe with a 2.7tt S4 states alot about the prowess of even the slowest of the wrx imprezas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gimmie.bmp  
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

I would have to state that Subaru has it's rallying roots in the STi, not the WRX. I think people use the WRX since it was more available to the US consumers prior to the arival of the 03 STi. Since the introduction of the WRX to the US, everyone has tried to make it perform like it's bigger brother the STi. I'm not knocking down the WRX or anything but I think that the WRX is a watered down version of the STi. Either way both have proven to be great race cars but the WRX is no STi as is the 2.5RS is no WRX. The characteristics of each model is no comparison to each other. Why use an underpowered, bad gearing, unstiff handling WRX when the STi is available and born to be race/rally ready.

-alex

Originally posted by wRxOne
    Why use an underpowered, bad gearing, unstiff handling WRX when the STi is available and born to be race/rally ready.

-alex
    Well, I can think of 12,000 reasons, not including insurance and taxes.

Gentlemen:

Recently, I had the privilege of running a black XT from a roll (a fast roll, we were both doing 75) on an open stretch of 495. He had one of those big fiberglass luggage carriers on the roof, and what appeared to be a ton of stuff inside the car as well. No doubt he and his wife were headed for a vacation on the Cape.

That XT was amazingly fast. Had I been in my unmodified Rex he would have blown me into the weeds, no question about it. Moreover, had I not downshifted, he might have dusted me off - Vishnu Stage Zero or not.

Ya, it's a little dorky looking; but it sure ain't slow.
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

I Support ClubWRX
    75mph roll...nice!

So does anyone know if the XT has the same 5MT as the WRX or something different?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

The transmission on the XT has a closer gear ratio than the WRX which gives it an advantage over the WRX in a drag race. From a standstill the XT would take the WRX but then again it all depends on the drivers, lesbians don't tend to want to do stoplight drags.

-alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.