WRX vs. WRX!! (but a lame ending.)

This is a discussion on WRX vs. WRX!! (but a lame ending.) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, it was bound to happen to me sooner or later... Out for a nice 'lite' drive (PIAA's off, shiftin' ...

Thumbs up WRX vs. WRX!! (but a lame ending.)

Well, it was bound to happen to me sooner or later...

Out for a nice 'lite' drive (PIAA's off, shiftin' before 3k, etc.) when I began to enter I-5. Checked over my shoulder for Da Fuzz an' other cars when Lo and Behold! Same model (wagon) and same color (silver) in the left lane.

So much for my easy-drivin'.

Dropping into 3rd @ 50, lettin' er spool up I slide reeeeeal smooth onto the freeway and slip right behind the other 'rex. Like 10 feet off the bumper. Letting off the gas to give some room, they started to speed up! Aww right! Twin WRX's movin' quick thru traffic would be cool! They had the factory rims, factory exhaust, looked pretty straight. I was hoping to show 'em what a few bucks could do for the car and to see who it was (hoping for Swedish Bikini Rally-racer who's single & into ugly guys).

Goin' about 65mph in a 50, I check for traffic in the right lane and start to make mah move when their turn indicator came on & cut me off. Slip back to left lane, in 3rd & fast into 4th then layed it out to move up quick so they could see we had identical cars.

I guess the speed scared her or somethin' 'cause she couldn't seem to get away from me soon enough. Pulled up along side to wave "hi!", but I got zero acknowledgment (sp?). Traffic came up and had no choice but return to the Land of the Mediocre (50mph). She took the first exit in a hurry and not wanting to prompt a dippy American Princess into a panic call to the cops I went on my way.

I don't unnerstand how someone could buy this car and not be the *least* bit into it.

Should be a questionaire when you step onto the dealership: "Do you have any idea what you are buying?"

-Trev
    Last edited by burntclutch4u; 04-05-2002 at 12:59 PM.
    -2k2 WRX Wagoneer, silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

It's a crime not to drive the WRX fast!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    It's a crime not to drive the WRX fast!

That is a shame. I saw a cute girl in a black WRX sedan a week ago in Reson. I was proud to see a 'girl' driving a real car. I hope she is into it... not just bought it because someone told her she should.

And everyone I see with one... I pull up next to them, the look over I waive, they waive. Real comrodery. Like back when I had my sport bike. =) I Love it.

I kept seeing this silver sedan like mine parked in different shopping areas around my house. When I finally met the owner it was a women who works at the local Blockbuster. She said she had already gotten two speeding tickets. We talked briefly about buying aftermarket wheels. So there are women WRX owners out there that are "into" their cars too.

Dale

I Support ClubWRX
    I was driving back home from work yesterday and was actually 2 blocks from where I bought my rex, and I saw A BABE test driving a new Black REX wagon with the salesman in the passenger seat. I waved at her to say (I got a rex too), and she looked at me funny, like who the hell are you. I agree, fill out the application and put a check mark by: do you know what kind of car this really is!!!
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

There was a nice blue sedan in the store I work at parking lot and I went to look at it with my friend when this girl comes up and says its hers. We both said how nice it was and she said it is a great car but all she had was an intake on it so far, this girl knew whats up! She was quite the cuttie with a kick a$$ ride, I love seeing that kind of stuff.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

You guys by any chance remember to get their numbers right?

There is one girl in town with a white Rex. No spoiler. Never met her. She has the white eyelids.. so I assume she had to shop for these. But can't guarantee it's her car and not her boyfriend's.
    There is another girl driving a silver RS. No spoiler. She lives in my apartment complex and never had a chance to talk to her.
    And I've seen one girl with a silver WRX like mine, no spoiler. There are around... hopefully will talk to them someday to see if they know what they have. Funny to see that most girls drive them without a spoiler... maybe coincidence.

Now the best: an old man, very old man, with his very old wife pulled next to me few months ago in a white WRX. I really think it's theirs. I don't think their son or grandson would have left them go in their WRX for a ride... but you never know.

I agree, I think a lot of girls go to Subaru dealerships and jump around clapping, saying "It is SOOOOOOOO cute!". Things will change. I still have the 17 year old punk in a brand new convertible Mustang that get mad at me for pulling away from him without blinking. And I know he goes home still cursing me out without knowing what I'm driving.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

I can't wait till the gf and I go to the track (thunderhill) riding in a blue 911 turbo and a blue WRX. Some girls get it.
    Keith
    79 Porsche 930
    07 Subaru WRX Wagon

Oh man I think I just saw that girl again on Saturday. It looks like she added some Subaru decals to her car but not much else. Geez her car is fast, I was moving in and out of traffic on the freeway and she started following me but once she got ahead of me she was gone, my poor prelude had no chance to catch her and I am sure she probably wasn't even trying.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G