most fun racing time I have had maybe ever

This is a discussion on most fun racing time I have had maybe ever within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I go out to the local car meet and wasn't really looking for any action, unless something fell into ...

most fun racing time I have had maybe ever

So I go out to the local car meet and wasn't really looking for any action, unless something fell into my lap that I couldn't pass up. Well some back ground first.

A few days ago at an earlier meet, I was talking to some of the regulars and asking them if they run or not. The general concensous was that everybody will run just kinda whether they are in the mood or not, except for this one guy who is like always in the mood for it. I asked them what he drove and they told me he used to have a fast Celica GT-S, but now he was driving a 350Z. Fast forward to tonight.

Not ten minutes after I show up and have been talking to some of the guys does this really quite beautiful black track model show up and pulls into a spot. They take me over there to meet him and casually ask him what he had planned. "Well I don't think I will run tonight, unless that Suby wants to go." I reach out to shake is hand. "It's mine", I proudly reply. "And sure, it sounds like fun." I ask him what he has, he says track model with dumped exhaust. I said cool, all I have on is the turboback in the power department (haven't had a chance to put on the other mods.)

Without making a big scene, we both creep out of the parking lot, not wanting followers and make out way out to a very quiet straight empty road. On the way out there we play around from some rolls. 40 mph. Second gear. Punch it. The smooth sound of the V6 replaced by a carnal snarl as he unloads as well. Pretty close through second. I get pulled 2 and 1/2 cars in third, and 3 more in fourth. I'm a little disenchanted, until he rolls down his window when we get to the empty road. "Now we are on your turf. I'll honk three times and we go from a dig." Redemption.

Side by side, my heart pounding, adrenalin rushing, I am already having a blast and haven't gone anywhere. Clutch in, pop it into first, lay on the pedal to 6 grand, slip out the clutch to the edge of engagement. In the zone. Honk......Honk....Honk........BAMMMMM, drop the clutch the rest of the way, chrip the tires, and snag me 2 cars, pop it into second and lay on the gas. The boxter and the turbo wailing against the open six, grab third..........here he comes making up his ground.....one car and then the other.....getting a nose on me.....bam into 4th on the way to the century mark. I loose by 2 cars. I am so pumped. We slow down, he gives a thumbs up and says lets go again. So we do 3 or 4 more times, same basic run, low speeds belong to me, top end to him. We eventually stop, both grinnig from ear to ear.

We stop next to each other, he says it was a blast, and he loved it. I said "same here man, it was great." We exchanged numbers, and he asked me if I wanted to hit of the twisties. Nothing too crazy but some fun. I wanted all I could get at this point and we are off. Down a side road he knows with all the kinks and bends you can dream of. I follow him, using him to judge cornering speed as we both slide one after another through corners (love the rear bar and endlinks) tires sqealling, exhausts bouncing off the trees. Bliss.

He invites me to his house to have some beer, one of the coolest guys I have met. Starting his own little shop, real stand up guy. Wants to help me work on the Suby when I need to install stuff so he can get some experience with them. He is helping two of his other friends build Hondas. I lucked out and met the most awesome guy.

There was some other action and funny stories with some other cars that were there and some really stupid people as well, but I will have to save it for later. I had a blast. All racers and races should be like this. One enthusiast to another.
    Last edited by Sharky NRK; 09-06-2003 at 02:05 AM.
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool 350Z..

sounds like a col night.. wish i could get a 350Z to race me.. one of the few along with an STI i stll have not raced.. and by the way, once you get a couple more mods.. like up-pipe MBC and maybe some I/C hose the out come should be different... have fun and be safe out there...
    it's stock really....

That's awesome. I went looking for the "hangout" here and it was empty. Coldn't find any of my friends, no wannabe racers, few ricers even...I go looking for fun and the place empties out. Reading stories like this makes up for it a little though...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Funny you should say that, I have all three of them sitting in my gargage in dallas waiting to be installed.
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.