Ford Getting their game on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ford Getting their game on within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Has anyone read the latest version of Motor Trend. They tested the Automatic Mach1 and got an ok 13.88 @ ...

Ford Getting their game on

Has anyone read the latest version of Motor Trend. They tested the Automatic Mach1 and got an ok 13.88 @ 101 out of it, but then they said that the manual Mach1 that they tested last month ran a 13.20 @ 106. If true, the cars straight line performance is with in the EVO and STI playing field.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If that's true, then that puts the Mach 1 within .3 secs of the new Cobra, which is an underrated 390hp.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    lol, hell yea the mach one is in the sti, evo range! Its got a naturally aspirated cobra engine in it! I've seen em hit 12.9s bone stock on DRs. They're not regular GT's by any stretch of the imagination!
    2003 SRT-4

It's all good until you turn the wheel of a Mustang right or left.

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    It's all good until you turn the wheel of a Mustang right or left.
    ah, I dont think thats a fair statement...certainly, a stock GT couldnt hold a candle to an STi, but mustangs dont handle badly by any means!! And Im quite positive that while my GT would give you a run for your money in the turns, it would then be ripping away in the straights!
    2003 SRT-4

I am not talking about road racing. I am talking about drag racing. Straight line. Light to light.

Originally posted by Drod
    I am not talking about road racing. I am talking about drag racing. Straight line. Light to light.
    yea, for sure...I was just responding to the quote about mustangs not being able to turn, which is not accurate.

as far as straight line, a mach one vs an STi is a drivers race!
    2003 SRT-4

Its still a mustang. I would much rather have the Focus RS over here, right now thats the only good full production car ford makes I think, screw that SVT piece of crap we get. I will give it to the new cobra though if you just want a straight line car. Sucks america gets shafted by ford even, and I thought it was just japan that scewed us on the cars we got (skyline, S15, STI and EVO for so many years, so much more)

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Sorry, the reply was for Master of pain. The Mach 1 sems to be a nice car. Some what heavy at 3480. I belive that Ford might be holding back on the HP ratings. Some guys at the Mustang forums are posting dyno plots of 290 plus rwhp. The Mach 1 has the live axel great for drag racing and forged internals. That thing is begging for a S/C. The compression is someting like 9.5 so you will not be able to run as much boost as the Cobra, but that live axel shure helps. Some Cobra owners are making the conversion from IRS to a live axel. BTW the SVT Cobra and The Mach 1 will out handel a WRX not the STI. Their 123 ft solom speed are about five miles faster than the WRX's 61 mph solom speed, and they have similar skidpad #'s or a tick higher.
    Last edited by Drod; 09-05-2003 at 12:46 PM.

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    yea, for sure...I was just responding to the quote about mustangs not being able to turn, which is not accurate.

as far as straight line, a mach one vs an STi is a drivers race!
    If they're willing to race. In my town, the Mach 1 dude just turned off and waited for me to go down the road some before he turned back on.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I rememba when i saw caranddriver testing it that they mentioned it had the previous cobra's motor?

The article from motortrend. Over all if given the choice, I would take a STI over the Mach 1 . Still after owning severall mustangs in the past, it makes me happy to see FORD making a move to provide the pubic with some fun cars. To bad it took the death of the f-body and the birth of the STI and the EVO in the USA to wake up Ford.

http://members.aol.com/hotrodharrys/index201.html

Originally posted by Drod
    The article from motortrend. Over all if given the choice, I would take a STI over the Mach 1 . Still after owning severall mustangs in the past, it makes me happy to see FORD making a move to provide the pubic with some fun cars. To bad it took the death of the f-body and the birth of the STI and the EVO in the USA to wake up Ford.

http://members.aol.com/hotrodharrys/index201.html
    I would take an STi over a mach one too...but it really just comes down to personal preference.
    2003 SRT-4

This is a good year for anyone who wants to buy a mustang. Because the 2004s look like crap, imho.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Originally posted by aheineken
    This is a good year for anyone who wants to buy a mustang. Because the 2004s look like crap, imho.
    Hmm..the 04s look just like the 99s, 00s, 01s, 02s and 03s...

You mean the 05s look like crap?
    2003 SRT-4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast