Ford Getting their game on - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ford Getting their game on within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; "Still after owning severall mustangs in the past, it makes me happy to see FORD making a move to provide ...

I Support ClubWRX
    "Still after owning severall mustangs in the past, it makes me happy to see FORD making a move to provide the pubic with some fun cars."

LOL Drod - I had to read that sentence a few times.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    It's all good until you turn the wheel of a Mustang right or left.
    I think on a proper track it'd be another story...the STI's are being matched and beaten on the tracks by cars with alot less power and "image."

As one example, EVO here in Britain were lapping times with stock VW R32s at about a second more than STI's were (both stock with stock tires at their tracks they do tests on)...they tried the same tests with STI rated tires and the R32s lapped times about 5.5 seconds quicker...putting them below the 80 second mark...astonishing stuff...the STI's plow enormously on tarmac and understeer like a fox on the run.

They are good for what they were intended for...autocross off road rally.

If you look in this forum under WRX Vs. World, I raced a Mach 1 from the line (by accident more than on purpose) and couldn't pull on him (stayed 2 car lengths behind till 100)

They are quite fast, but I'd love just to see that guy around again and run just to see where my car rates. I know I'd get beat, but I'm wondering how badly.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

When you guys compare the Sti and the Mach 1, I would hope that almost everyone on this forum would choose the STI as it is nearly as fast and turns alot better.

However, I think it would be more fair to compare the Cobra and the STI. The Cobra kicks A%* in the straightline, wheras the STI still has descent power compared to the Cobra but handles much better.

As for the Mach 1 being .3 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile this is B.S.

That is taking The FASTEST time recorded of a mach 1 and comparing it to the Cobras slowest. I know for a fact that there have been stock cobra runs at 12.4-.5 and this is MUCH faster than the Mach1.
    Sorry if I come off a little harsh but I always like to present the other side of a debate, and I still repsect everyone's opinions

Also, last night I saw a sliver STI and a blue 03 Cobra, and they both looked VERY nice
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

Originally posted by PlatNmRex
    When you guys compare the Sti and the Mach 1, I would hope that almost everyone on this forum would choose the STI as it is nearly as fast and turns alot better.

However, I think it would be more fair to compare the Cobra and the STI. The Cobra kicks A%* in the straightline, wheras the STI still has descent power compared to the Cobra but handles much better.

As for the Mach 1 being .3 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile this is B.S.

That is taking The FASTEST time recorded of a mach 1 and comparing it to the Cobras slowest. I know for a fact that there have been stock cobra runs at 12.4-.5 and this is MUCH faster than the Mach1.
    Sorry if I come off a little harsh but I always like to present the other side of a debate, and I still repsect everyone's opinions

Also, last night I saw a sliver STI and a blue 03 Cobra, and they both looked VERY nice
    I wish this town had an 03 Cobra or another STi...that'd be sweet. Nothing but mid-90s Mustang GTs and ricers.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.