04 SRT getting an extra 15 hp - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 04 SRT getting an extra 15 hp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by renichms Thanks for saying it for me. How much power do you think the new SRT4 ACTUALLY ...

Originally posted by renichms
    Thanks for saying it for me. How much power do you think the new SRT4 ACTUALLY has? I wanna know how much of a run I can expect from one.

RN
    RN, that is a tough one to answer because of how widespread the 03's were. On the 03's, I've seen dyno's as low as 207whp and as high as 230whp. There are a few guys on our board that already have an 04, but no dyno's yet!

From a roll I think it would be a real close one, and from a dig, the 04 definitely has a better chance than 03 because of the LSD. Of course, I'm talking stock for stock here. It will real interesting to see what theses 04's are dynoing at.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by drizze99
    RN, that is a tough one to answer because of how widespread the 03's were. On the 03's, I've seen dyno's as low as 207whp and as high as 230whp. There are a few guys on our board that already have an 04, but no dyno's yet!

From a roll I think it would be a real close one, and from a dig, the 04 definitely has a better chance than 03 because of the LSD. Of course, I'm talking stock for stock here. It will real interesting to see what theses 04's are dynoing at.
    This makes me wanna run a new one from a dig and a roll! I'd like something resembling a challenge...risk losing on my part. It was fun destroying the ricer last night but having it over by 2nd gear is no fun after a while. I wanna real race...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

This makes me wanna run a new one from a dig and a roll! I'd like something resembling a challenge...risk losing on my part. It was fun destroying the ricer last night but having it over by 2nd gear is no fun after a while. I wanna real race...

RN
    Yea, having it over and done with by second makes it not as fun. On Friday after work, an 04 Spec V wanted to play and so I did. Needless to say, he got a good view of the SRT-4 backend the whole time!

I really think an 04 SRT-4 will give you a good challenge through all the gears! (provided that the SRT-4 driver knows how to drive!)

Yea, having it over and done with by second makes it not as fun. On Friday after work, an 04 Spec V wanted to play and so I did. Needless to say, he got a good view of the SRT-4 backend the whole time!

I really think an 04 SRT-4 will give you a good challenge through all the gears! (provided that the SRT-4 driver knows how to drive!)
    I hope so! And I hope it's only a matter of time before a competent driver here gets one. For decent cars that'll race, this town REALLY sucks.

RN

I hope so! And I hope it's only a matter of time before a competent driver here gets one. For decent cars that'll race, this town REALLY sucks.

RN
    I'll keep an eye out on the SRT forum for an 04 in Alabama. What major cities are you close to? I never heard of Florence, AL.

I'll keep an eye out on the SRT forum for an 04 in Alabama. What major cities are you close to? I never heard of Florence, AL.
    Huntsville is 1 hour away, Birmingham is shy of 2 hours away. Although it's smaller than Florence, Muscle Shoals seems better known and is about 5 minutes from here.

Oh, and thanks.

RN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123