04 SRT getting an extra 15 hp - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 SRT getting an extra 15 hp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I give Dodge much props! They definetly have the "most bang for the buck" title.....I still LOVE my WRX though. ...

I give Dodge much props! They definetly have the "most bang for the buck" title.....I still LOVE my WRX though. "The beauty of AWD" just can't be beat

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's really awesome, Dodge just made a fast car faster. The LSD is welcome, and so is extra hp, but I think most people would've been fine with the already awesome hp of the '03s. I think Dodge should've put in a better interior (at least with rear power windows) rather than add some hp. Personally, I think it would've been a better move since the SRT-4 is already praised for its straight-line acceleration while lamented for its rental car-like interior.

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    That's really awesome, Dodge just made a fast car faster. The LSD is welcome, and so is extra hp, but I think most people would've been fine with the already awesome hp of the '03s. I think Dodge should've put in a better interior (at least with rear power windows) rather than add some hp. Personally, I think it would've been a better move since the SRT-4 is already praised for its straight-line acceleration while lamented for its rental car-like interior.
    PVO doesn't care about the interior, aside from what the driver touchs, so they didn't care to spend research money on building power windows for a platform that doesn't have them. Doesn't bother me any, there are aftermarket kits for about 100 bucks. What the driver does touch, the seats, steering wheel, pedals, and shifter, were reworked by PVO, and all (aside from that shifter) have gotten lots of praise by everyone.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by renichms
    Holy crap! New SRT4s will put up some serious fight, even for an STi soon...can't wait!!
    RN
    As in the words of Neo:

NO.

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    As in the words of Neo:

NO.
    Given the new fuel system and how underrated they are, toss a few bucks in mods in them and they'll run us in an STi. They might not win but they can still run. Of course, I don't intend to stay stock forever...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by ebbtide
    PVO doesn't care about the interior, aside from what the driver touchs, so they didn't care to spend research money on building power windows for a platform that doesn't have them. Doesn't bother me any, there are aftermarket kits for about 100 bucks. What the driver does touch, the seats, steering wheel, pedals, and shifter, were reworked by PVO, and all (aside from that shifter) have gotten lots of praise by everyone.
    Good point. That shifter DOES suck indeed. (It can probably take abuse, but it's just not smooth.) I was just thinking that it would've been a better car if they found some sort of comforatble medium between comfort and functionality, much like what Subaru did with the WRX's interior.

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    Good point. That shifter DOES suck indeed. (It can probably take abuse, but it's just not smooth.) I was just thinking that it would've been a better car if they found some sort of comforatble medium between comfort and functionality, much like what Subaru did with the WRX's interior.
    Agreed, but, look at the Viper. Sure PVO could make it like a vette and make it comfy, but they don't care about that. Performance first, nothing else matters

BTW, Mopar Short Throw shifter and booger bushings, and the shifter feels like it's attached to a rwd v8 tranny. Still notchy, but nice...
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    Agreed, but, look at the Viper. Sure PVO could make it like a vette and make it comfy, but they don't care about that. Performance first, nothing else matters
    True, but the Viper started out as a supercar (not "just" a sports car like the Vette), and will always be a supercar in every trim it will ever be offered in (RT/10, GTS, GTS-R, ACR GTS, SRT-10, and whatever nameplates Dodge has in mind in the future). We all know what its purposes are and always will be. Even though the SRT-4 is the wildest production Neon ever (even though it doesn't carry the Neon nameplate), it's still based on a car meant for high mpg daily-driving, not on a car meant for 11-second passes and over 1.0g of lateral acceleration. So when I test drove one, I was hoping for some comfort since it would definitely be a daily driver that won't always be on a drag strip.

As in the words of Neo:

NO.
    Man, you carck me up. You act as if the STi is invinceable. Why are you so narrow minded?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    Man, you carck me up. You act as if the STi is invinceable. Why are you so narrow minded?
    Because I am The One.

Because I am The One.
    OK, you just keep on telling yourself that.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    OK, you just keep on telling yourself that.
    Thanks for saying it for me. How much power do you think the new SRT4 ACTUALLY has? I wanna know how much of a run I can expect from one.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I think the SRT-4's are very cool, personally.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Drizze, you should sabotage your car, claim lemon law, and get an '04. But keep your '03 rims. Dey's better looking.

Originally posted by AREITU
    Drizze, you should sabotage your car, claim lemon law, and get an '04. But keep your '03 rims. Dey's better looking.
    If you read the thread you'd know those rims were specific to that blue car only. The SRT-4 rims are the same in '04 as they were in '03.

Also, the SRT-4 didn't get a bump in engine power only the actual HP rating on the engine changed since the '03's were under rated.
    Last edited by WRXThis; 09-06-2003 at 03:14 PM.
    WRXThis <> Brian
    2002 PSM WRX Sedan
    Was tuned to Stage V
    Soon... WRB STi w/ gold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.