280z (1) wrx (0)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 280z (1) wrx (0) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Raced a 280 z from a stop light to about 70mph. It was even until about 50 than he started ...

280z (1) wrx (0)

Raced a 280 z from a stop light to about 70mph. It was even until about 50 than he started to pull. He would have kept pulling if we kept going. I figured it was going to be close because he had all kinds of stuff that I noticed about the car. he had a large fart can, large tach on the dash. 2 pillar guages and he had 3.0 on the side fenders where mustangs usually have 5.0.
    Before we went, he drove past me and I could really hear the turbo whine on his car really loud, sounded pretty sweet.
    I just have a gutted uppipe so I figure I might be low 14's in the 1/4. I get the feeling that his car was mid to high 13's.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    sounds like you ran into a 280 shell with an engine swap...most likely spells trouble!
    2003 SRT-4

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    anybody seen the vid of the datsun w/ the supercharged chevy motor stuffed in it? the guy lays rubber just cruising along ~60 mph when he mashes the gas.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    anybody seen the vid of the datsun w/ the supercharged chevy motor stuffed in it? the guy lays rubber just cruising along ~60 mph when he mashes the gas.
    yea thats darius, he lives on my street, he has a blown LT1 in his Z...I'll find the video...hold on...

k...here is his car:

http://darius240z.com/videos/240z.mpeg

him vs. an R1

http://darius240z.com/videos/z%20vs%20r1.mpeg
    2003 SRT-4

Ive seen those videos before. That thing is completely out of bounds! And him on his R1........Forget about it!

Chris
    2004 Forester XT
    Black Java Pearl

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    yea thats darius, he lives on my street, he has a blown LT1 in his Z...I'll find the video...hold on...

k...here is his car:

http://darius240z.com/videos/240z.mpeg

him vs. an R1

http://darius240z.com/videos/z%20vs%20r1.mpeg
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

I like this guy!

I've ridden in a 280Z28, supercharged 350 with a 4 speed auto. It was a beast.

-Jim

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    yea check out the rest of his site www.darius240z.com

He always flys by me on his bike standing up, doing wheelies, etc!! His video, Servin it up volume 2, is highly recommended...
    2003 SRT-4

Hey Raccoon,
    Where in East bay are you? Im up at UC Davis this school year.
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

I love my AWD car and all, but damn! RWD looks like so much fun
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by PlatNmRex
    Hey Raccoon,
    Where in East bay are you? Im up at UC Davis this school year.
    yea I go to davis also! I live in Lafayette.
    2003 SRT-4

I Support ClubWRX
    There is someone driving around the Bay Area in a 280Z with a RB26 transplant. Yes the Skyline GTR motor. In this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...highlight=rb26

Also, my buddy had a pumped 240Z with a Ford 302 bored out to 327 that he bought off someguy for cheap. It supposedly ran high 10's in the 1/4 mile. That thing was the fastest car I have ever been in. The kind that make you **** your pants and grin at the same time.

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    There is someone driving around the Bay Area in a 280Z with a RB26 transplant. Yes the Skyline GTR motor. In this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...highlight=rb26

Also, my buddy had a pumped 240Z with a Ford 302 bored out to 327 that he bought off someguy for cheap. It supposedly ran high 10's in the 1/4 mile. That thing was the fastest car I have ever been in. The kind that make you **** your pants and grin at the same time.
    My 2yr old son must be ridding in this car when Im not looking, cause he is always ****ting his pants while grinning!
    2004 Forester XT
    Black Java Pearl

Originally posted by rhino738
    My 2yr old son must be ridding in this car when Im not looking, cause he is always ****ting his pants while grinning!
    funniest thing ive ever read on this board!!!
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    yea check out the rest of his site www.darius240z.com

He always flys by me on his bike standing up, doing wheelies, etc!! His video, Servin it up volume 2, is highly recommended...

WHOA! There's a Servin It Up 2?!
    Damn. I hafta get that one. The first was bad ass, Best bike video I've ever seen. And that Z about made me jizz myself the first time i saw it, best part of the whole video! I used to work at a motorcycle dealership so we got tons of different ones. But that one and Crusty 8 were probably the 2 best I saw.

Damn, maybe Darius will come out with a box set.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.