Never seen the road clear so fast...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Never seen the road clear so fast... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As happens every now and then, I spent too much time inside today in front of a screen. My head ...

Never seen the road clear so fast...

As happens every now and then, I spent too much time inside today in front of a screen. My head started hurting, so I got in the STi to go wander. Everywhere I go, ricers pop in behind me, rev their fart cans and duck off the road. Mustangs (GT) make a lot of noise and get off the road. It's like the parting of the seas in the Bible...crazy. Eventually I came up on a Mach 1. Sounds WONDERFUL. He gets in behind me, then comes up beside me, engine burbling and all, while I'm thinking I FINALLY have someone willing to run.

I was wrong. I look over at him, he looks at me, signals and then he stops at a gas station. His door opens and he hangs out the door, staring as I go by, then he closes his door, backs up and gets back on the road.

What is it with this town?? I'm not really aggressive or anything but what the hell? No one will race or even talk or run for a few seconds! This really sucks...it's driving me crazy.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What?!?! That Mach 1 driver is crazy. You gotta move...
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    What?!?! That Mach 1 driver is crazy. You gotta move...
    Yeah...I thought it'd be a good match-up. ONE Mustang GT ran me from a roll and I toasted him and since then...nothing. Everyone's afraid.

RN

Maybe you smell bad and THAT is why all these other cars turn off... j/k I always stumble into races when I least expect it. If I'm "looking" to run, I never seem to find any willing participants. Same thing with women actually...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Maybe you smell bad and THAT is why all these other cars turn off... j/k I always stumble into races when I least expect it. If I'm "looking" to run, I never seem to find any willing participants. Same thing with women actually...
    I knew I smelled bad but geez...seems the problem has gotten out of hand. I guess if races and women only come my way when not looking for them, I should stop looking for races and am long overdue for a woman to come along...

RN

damn i want an sti so everyone can be afraid of me.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

If it makes you feel any better, if I see you I will race you

I get the same reaction from my REX also, sucks....
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Originally posted by skullguy
    If it makes you feel any better, if I see you I will race you

I get the same reaction from my REX also, sucks....
    I'm game for that...seems other here are afraid of losing but it's part of the fun sometimes. Where you from?

RN

Side note, not to hi-jack your thread RN, but this thouroughly disappointed me...

Went to the local dealer this morning and asked the Subaru rep if I could test drive a Sti. This was the response, albeit not verbatim..

"As soon as those cars are dropped from the back of the truck, they proud new owner hops in and drives away." "We havent seen a Sti on the lot for longer than 4-5 hours tops." "And theres no way we will let anyone test drive them right now." "We dont even let our sales people move them around on the lot when they come in." "Only the technicians and/or myself can move them, and Im afraid too!"

Actually, Im afraid to test drive one too. Because I cant afford it, and I know I'd find a way to buy one, regardless of my financial situation.

renichms, sounds like u got to move in SOCAL lots of racers and wanna be racers here.....

KINGSKY

Originally posted by KINGSKY
    renichms, sounds like u got to move in SOCAL lots of racers and wanna be racers here.....

KINGSKY
    I agree, everyone and their mother wants to race out here. There have been a few full size trucks run me from the hole. Lots and lots of Hondas and Acuras here. They all want to run also, they don't care if they lose. They just wanna race.

Really, that's funny usually STis don't want to run me...

The truth is, at least around here, anything that looks fast will have more than it's share of willing competitiors.
    Ahmet

Originally posted by EIonJess
    I agree, everyone and their mother wants to race out here. There have been a few full size trucks run me from the hole. Lots and lots of Hondas and Acuras here. They all want to run also, they don't care if they lose. They just wanna race.
    That's what I need here. And this thing quit emailing me when people responded...odd. I might get some races tonight, if I find anyone this time...

RN

Originally posted by Ahmet
    Really, that's funny usually STis don't want to run me...

The truth is, at least around here, anything that looks fast will have more than it's share of willing competitiors.
    Ahmet
    If that was the case, they must not think I look fast. I once had a Mustang GT try me because I guess he thought my car was rice, so he'd "pick" on me...and then he got wailed on.

RN

ARG! Went out again tonight. ONE ricer tried me and that was over quickly. He had wheels, fart can, tacky wing. I looked over to see him and dumb me, he's tinted too dark. Anyways, light changes, he and I go, he punches it and by the time I hit 2nd gear, it's over and he's a buslength back. I saw some Cobras (not Mustang Cobra) tonight...those're sweet. Otherwise...NOTHING. This town SUCKS.

RN

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.