got taken easily by WS6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

This is a discussion on got taken easily by WS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm on the way to my dad's dental office and on my way there I come up behind a WS6 ...

  1. #1
    Registered User yellow03rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    OSU // Columbus, OH
    Posts
    108

    got taken easily by WS6

    I'm on the way to my dad's dental office and on my way there I come up behind a WS6 and he switches lanes as soon as he see's me to let me get even with him. As soon as i pass him he revs pretty hard at me. As we slow down @ the light I realize that im gonna be lined up with him (no traffic) so I'm like sweet, Maybe he'll run me. So he pulls up and i look over and say theres no way I can take you, And he's like "Dylan right?" and I'm like Yeah (just realizing who it was) Turns out i know him from a while back..

    So anyway He's like well lets just see...

    I get an almost perfect launch @ 5-6k (i hear him spin like crazy)and pull a good car or two on him, maybe more, shift into 2nd.. he doesnt gain..(I'm very suprised) 3rd gear I see him creepin up on my bumper, Just as I shift into 3rd I Can hear the growl of his exhaust over my straight pipe, It was the most orgasmic sound I've ever heard lol. And midway thru 3rd He flys by me like im Standing still. his passenger waves me to keep going, I stay @ WOT untill the top of third, go to shift into 4th and by now he had at least 5 cars on me.. so they both give me the thumbs up and i return with a wave and go on my marry way.. It was fun racing a badass car like that after all the little hondas and everything, it was my first loss and the most exciting race even though I got killed

    Just incase anyone was wondering, Im pretty much stock with no performance mods, removed silencer, forge bov, straight pipe from the axle back to hold me over while I save for the real mods
    Last edited by yellow03rex; 09-04-2003 at 12:07 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Moderator Integra96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    16,989
    I Support ClubWRX
    Good launch! Unfortunately after that there isn't much a mostly stock Rex can do to keep up with one of those animals. WS6 scares me.

    Last time there were a few moderately modded ones at the track running 11.9-12.4 or there abouts. And the trap speeds were nutty.

    Good race - now get a new turbo and show him what's up.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Chicago, Il.
    Posts
    181
    Those LS1's are beasts. A stock WRX just doesn't have the power to compete, unless you race from a stop to 40 mph Good death!
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    231
    its weird, thats exactly when my friends trans am passes me, I hold him off to about 60mph, then all of a sudden he goes flying by me. ITs amazing

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    corpus christi tx
    Posts
    308

    Cool mods.....

    mods make a difference... get turbo back exhaust, up-pipe and MBC.. then do the same race again... the look on there face... price less
    it's stock really....

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    231

    Re: mods.....

    Originally posted by wrxracer
    mods make a difference... get turbo back exhaust, up-pipe and MBC.. then do the same race again... the look on there face... price less
    as they fly by him at a slightly slow rate?

  8. #7
    Registered User yellow03rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    OSU // Columbus, OH
    Posts
    108
    Originally posted by el~sharko
    its weird, thats exactly when my friends trans am passes me, I hold him off to about 60mph, then all of a sudden he goes flying by me. ITs amazing
    haha heck yeah, I was right around 60 too when he blew by me, I dont know if he had any mods, all i know is that it was loud and pretty damn fast

  9. #8
    Registered User yellow03rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    OSU // Columbus, OH
    Posts
    108

    Re: mods.....

    Originally posted by wrxracer
    mods make a difference... get turbo back exhaust, up-pipe and MBC.. then do the same race again... the look on there face... price less

    do you think a rex with those mods would take a ws6? Im new to the whole wrx thing so I dont really know. When you say turbo-back exhuast, thats including a downpipe right? Whatsa better mod to get first, the up or downpipe?

  10. #9
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    I witnessed a Bone stock ws6 run a 12.69@113. She (yes she) is a prominant member at norcal-ls1.com so if you dont believe me you can ask about her there.

    ws6s are FAST.
    2003 SRT-4

  11. #10
    Registered User SGOSWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,059
    You shouldn't feel bad you beat him up to about 70mph or so. Thats actually real good for a stock or near stock WRX.
    A stockish WRX doesn't stand a chance beyond 70mph or so against the top end pull of an LS1.


    With a mbc and exhaust you probably could have held him off to about 80-90mph or so . I beat a few WS6s in the 1/4 mile with my Turboxs stage 2 setup (exhaust, chip, mbc) One day at Bradenton Speedway, I ran consistant 13.3s @ 100mph and beat 2 different WS6s. (Many of them only run mid 13s at the track) - Even though we all know the storys about them running 12s stock.
    This winter we will hear about similar times coming from stock STi's, even though most STi's don't run that fast.

    If you really want to consistantly beat LS1's in a full 1/4 mile race you need a stage 4 Setup.

    Just ask many of the stage 4 owners. They beat C5 Vettes,WS6s, Z28s, etc ,all the time in the 1/4 mile and more. I surely did.

    I had a great race with a WS6 in my stage 4 WRX. We ran dead even from about 30mph up to 100mph. It was a real close race. So a stockish WRX doesn't stand a chance.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 09-04-2003 at 04:08 PM.

  12. #11
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    You shouldn't feel bad you beat him up to about 70mph or so. Thats actually real good for a stock or near stock WRX.
    A stockish WRX doesn't stand a chance beyond 70mph or so against the top end pull of an LS1.


    With a mbc and exhaust you probably could have held him off to about 80-90mph or so . I beat a few WS6s in the 1/4 mile with my Turboxs stage 2 setup (exhaust, chip, mbc) One day at Bradenton Speedway, I ran consistant 13.3s @ 100mph and beat 2 different WS6s. (Many of them only run mid 13s at the track) - Even though we all know the storys about them running 12s stock.
    This winter we will hear about similar times coming from stock STi's, even though most STi's don't run that fast.

    If you really want to consistantly beat LS1's in a full 1/4 mile race you need a stage 4 Setup.

    Just ask many of the stage 4 owners. They beat C5 Vettes,WS6s, Z28s, etc ,all the time in the 1/4 mile and more. I surely did.

    I had a great race with a WS6 in my stage 4 WRX. We ran dead even from about 30mph up to 100mph. It was a real close race. So a stockish WRX doesn't stand a chance.
    still, and Im certainly not trying to belittle the wrx, i love em...but doesnt it feel crappy when you have ALL these mods and you just hang with stock-ish cars? I know from experience, cause I have a blower and all that, and when I run into vettes, I put maybe 1-2 cars on em. It would be much better, imo, to have something soo fast stock, like these godly ls1s we discuss, that when you mod it, there is nothing that can touch you! Do you ever think that way? I know I do
    2003 SRT-4

  13. #12
    Registered User Shaitiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Streamwood, IL
    Posts
    571
    If you really want to consistantly beat stock or stockish LS1's in a full 1/4 mile race you need a stage 4 Setup.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

    SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

  14. #13
    Registered User Dan00Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    759

    Thumbs up

    Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    still, and Im certainly not trying to belittle the wrx, i love em...but doesnt it feel crappy when you have ALL these mods and you just hang with stock-ish cars? I know from experience, cause I have a blower and all that, and when I run into vettes, I put maybe 1-2 cars on em. It would be much better, imo, to have something soo fast stock, like these godly ls1s we discuss, that when you mod it, there is nothing that can touch you! Do you ever think that way? I know I do
    I absolutely LOVE the fact that I've modded my WRX well enough to beat up on faster stock/modded cars in an 1/8 mile (and sometimes full 1/4 mile) type of race. The look on my boss's face when I beat his SS in a short 0-70 sprint was priceless. Just like how I'm satisfied that my modded LS1 can hang with my friend's Viper. It's typically the OTHER driver that feels crappy that his more expensive/faster car couldn't put more distance on you. I find THAT to be very gratifying.


    2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

    Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

  15. #14
    Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,364
    Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    I absolutely LOVE the fact that I've modded my WRX well enough to beat up on faster stock/modded cars in an 1/8 mile (and sometimes full 1/4 mile) type of race. The look on my boss's face when I beat his SS in a short 0-70 sprint was priceless. Just like how I'm satisfied that my modded LS1 can hang with my friend's Viper. It's typically the OTHER driver that feels crappy that his more expensive/faster car couldn't put more distance on you. I find THAT to be very gratifying.
    Oh I agree...but then its always like "Well, if I put as much money as you have into mine, i'd be running 10s..." Guess everyone has an excuse...
    2003 SRT-4

  16. #15
    Registered User MrSwede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    147
    Ran a WS6 Monday. I was behind in on a one lane road. He got the jump of course, but by the end of third I had to brake to keep from ramming him from behind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •