got taken easily by WS6 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on got taken easily by WS6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by RaccoonRacing still, and Im certainly not trying to belittle the wrx, i love em...but doesnt it feel ...

Ike
    Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    still, and Im certainly not trying to belittle the wrx, i love em...but doesnt it feel crappy when you have ALL these mods and you just hang with stock-ish cars? I know from experience, cause I have a blower and all that, and when I run into vettes, I put maybe 1-2 cars on em. It would be much better, imo, to have something soo fast stock, like these godly ls1s we discuss, that when you mod it, there is nothing that can touch you! Do you ever think that way? I know I do

Yes, but then I realize it snows here

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Ike
    Yes, but then I realize it snows here
    i agree, i always have doubts and thoughts of how i could have gotten a faster car. but last winter i reliezed that i had made the right choice. on the way to work i came along a city worker who had gotten his big salt truck/snow plow stuck on the highway. so i very calmly drive over and pick him up and drive him to safety. driving though like 1 foot of snow up hills and stuff. his face was like and when we got there he just said "could i ask what kinda car this is?" he didnt know cause he was defintly in to domestics and didnt seem to knowlegable abotu imports. but it was a priceless moment non the less.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

WS6

I've got a Stage2 TurboXS w/an old unichip, vishnu downpipe, PDE uppipe, Samco hoses and I'm running 15psi of boost w/ my TurboXS MBC (not peaking but truely running). I have no idea what kind of whp my car is pulling but my good friend has a 2001 WS6 and we've raced b-4. I've taken him off the line all the time and make a very good show of it untill the dreaded 3rd gear and then the WS6 or even a 3 or 5 seires BMW start to make up lost ground. It's like our little WRX's loose there leggs when we hit 3rd.

We raced from a roll and I was glued to his bumper until we hit 3rd then the WS6 said, "Enough of this crap!" and just motored away. LOL Still it's fun to think our little 2 liter cars can do a respectable job against the 5.7 liter.
    Blitz Turbo Timer, TurboXS mbc, uppipe, Samco intercooler hoses, TurboXS Unichip (stage 1), TurboXS intake, Vishnu downpipe.

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    still, and Im certainly not trying to belittle the wrx, i love em...but doesnt it feel crappy when you have ALL these mods and you just hang with stock-ish cars? I know from experience, cause I have a blower and all that, and when I run into vettes, I put maybe 1-2 cars on em. It would be much better, imo, to have something soo fast stock, like these godly ls1s we discuss, that when you mod it, there is nothing that can touch you! Do you ever think that way? I know I do
    Get a viper, enzo, or 911T and you can hang that argument about stockish cars and no comp.....but most don't have 70-120K (or 700K in the case of the enzo) in the bank to run stock.....yes, I commonly hate the argument of the 88 Civic si that runs 10's on NOS and similar arugments where people put 700hp into a pinto and the like.......but you have to admit at the same time that there is something nice knowing that with a wrx and 5K in mods you can run in the 12's and hang or beat most cars on the road. Before I got my STi, I had spend about 26-27K on my wrx and the car beat an '03 M3 on the highway........and would spank most cars on the road outside of those in the 12's and lower.....not bad for 26k investment......my sti is stock.....so far :-)........but when i start to mod it my thought is that at 32-35K I will beat most cars on the road unless they are heavily juiced.......or stripped/gutted/with engine swaps..........not too bad for a 4 cylinder........I often get into it with the vette/camaro/srt owners but for a 2.5 vs a 5.0 or >........they can't argue that our cars do alot with the displacement that we have and are often embarrased that a car with half or less displacement in some cases then their own can spank them rather handily.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.