ALMOST had a bad thing happen tonight!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ALMOST had a bad thing happen tonight!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was out driving home from Dinner with a couple friends and I found myself at a light next to ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Exclamation ALMOST had a bad thing happen tonight!!

I was out driving home from Dinner with a couple friends and I found myself at a light next to an older Chevy impala...it had MEATY tires out back, a cowl hood, and a nice cam lope. The light went green and we both took off slightly fast...then he noticed I was keeping up, so he jumped on it, as did I, and we were neck and neck for maybe 2 seconds until the light up ahead turned yellow. We both braked and he jumped a lane over to the right (3 lane street). So now there is a car in between us, so we cant talk, but obviously we both know that on green, its on

We wait through the cross traffic, and then the green turn arrow goes and cars are turning in front of us. There is a long line of them, and they're all making their way through the intersection. I see that my light is about to go green, and there are still 2 cars left to go through in front of us. The rav-4 makes it, and the suburban that was the last in line has now stopped at the light. Everything cool right? Well I just had a bad feeling about it, so when the light turned green, I (thank the lord) didnt launch. The impala did, though, and the Suburban, (I have NO Freaking idea why) just starts flipping a U right in front of us!! The impala is laying down rubber through the intersection, swerves aganist the curb to get out of the way, and barely misses the Suburban!!! My brother threw the guy the finger, but of course the suburban guy is pretending he has no clue what is going on, and is staring straight ahead.

It was a very scary reminder that even if you are doing nothing dangerous (outside of a little illegal street racing) some other idiot can get involved and get people hurt.

Be safe out there!
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yikes!!!

Speed Safely out there. Good thing you (and the impala owner) had their eyes open. So did he hit the curb? Or just run against it?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

cnk
    Good thing you're both OK. . .always trust your gut feeling.

Calvin

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by Trailboss
    Yikes!!!

Speed Safely out there. Good thing you (and the impala owner) had their eyes open. So did he hit the curb? Or just run against it?
    He just got run against it...I doubt he had any damage, otherwise I would have stopped and helped the guy report that someone cut right in front of him!

Originally posted by cnk
    Good thing you're both OK. . .always trust your gut feeling.

Calvin
    Exactly...I really think people get those feelings for certain reasons...
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.