Cops
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cops within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Do you think the police can use the stories people post in here against them? Prosecute them based on what ...

Cops

Do you think the police can use the stories people post in here against them? Prosecute them based on what was written and theres a witness who saw the race occur? I know this is a stupid question but I heard people being denied warranty because of something they posted on these forums.....
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nope, they can't do anything unless they witness it.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

They can't do anything about these stories. The stories could be BS, could be the truth. The cop would have to witness it or have CLEAR video of it all (as in the driver, the location, the tag and violations). Otherwise, it's all the same as "I heard from my friend that this guy who knows this dude with a car..." A vegetative half-wit lawyer could tear such a case to pieces.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

people other than the cops sometimes put these stories to good use though. i've heard of someone getting fired at their job because they raced a customers car, and dealerships probably have voided warranties based on a matching story.

Originally posted by streko
    people other than the cops sometimes put these stories to good use though. i've heard of someone getting fired at their job because they raced a customers car, and dealerships probably have voided warranties based on a matching story.
    They probably have voided warranties from stories but they'd have to have a rock-solid case to do so, or they could get in serious trouble...especially if it turned out to be BS or a simple rumor.

RN

Originally posted by streko
    Yeah, I remember that as being a mustang...cobra I think. The reason the guy got caught is that he told what the customer's custom plate was. I think it was a woman who also read the mustang forum he was posting on... of course all of my memories might be wrong, but I thought it was great that he got what he deserved.

Dead cops tell no tales.

Originally posted by jvic
    Yeah, I remember that as being a mustang...cobra I think. The reason the guy got caught is that he told what the customer's custom plate was. I think it was a woman who also read the mustang forum he was posting on... of course all of my memories might be wrong, but I thought it was great that he got what he deserved.
    You are correct. It was a Mustang Cobra taken in and driven at 140+ mph. The tech guy said nothing was wrong with it and that it was just a stupid woman owner...she read what he said, posted complaint online (and pointed it out to his employers) and he ended up unemployed.

RN

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    Dead cops tell no tales.
    No friends or family members that are cops, huh? If a cop ever saves your life or protects your family, I wonder if you'll be thankful or still insulting...

There are good cops and bad cops. Same as workers in any profession. I'm just glad I don't have to wear a bulletproof vest and wonder if the guy I just pulled over might be a crackhead with an itchy trigger finger; and that there are men and women willing to do that for me.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Dead cops tell no tales.
    2004 Forester XT
    Black Java Pearl

Dead cops tell no tales.
    I think that's messed up
    Just My .02

Dead cops tell no tales.

one of my best friends is a cop....not cool dude! Even if you were joking not cool!
    Stock or something close to it.....

Dead cops tell no tales.

You certainly got a rise out of people.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

lol im sure he was joking.
    04 SVT Lightning

i dont mind that response... i never have got help from 1 yet... but until i do my opinions will remain the same about cops
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.