Rematch with Sentra Spec V
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rematch with Sentra Spec V within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay a while back I posted about racing a friend after work in his Sentra SpecV. Standing start and all ...

Rematch with Sentra Spec V

Okay a while back I posted about racing a friend after work in his Sentra SpecV. Standing start and all that, but it wasn’t even close, I smoked him. He was, for what ever reason convinced that after he got traction that he would be able to take me. So I offered him a race from a roll just to squelch this little idea of his. Well This was not to happen because the following weekend I got in an accident and have been driving my wife’s 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT ever since. Finally today he wanted to race the Eclipse, and from a 20mph roll. Not to complicated of a race, there was no honk or anything, I just let him gun it and then reacted. So he got the jump on me at first, but by the top of second he was at my rear bumper and then gave up.

So that makes it WRX/Eclipse 2 – Sentra Spec V 0

On a side note, I hate the damned Eclipse. Submarines have more visibility, and after using the short throw in the rex I feel like I’m going to pull a muscle every time I shift. But, I kind of think people are a bit to harsh on them, better cars then they are given credit for. Just not a good successor to the 2nd gens.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whuu! For a minute when I read the title "Rematch with Sentra Spev V" I thought some how you had lost! But N-E-Wayz good kill. How's the Rex coming along?

At the shop.. But I gotta pay 1000 dollars because they said I was secondary at fault.
    -Andrew

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Still, I hear they handle extremely well.
    2003 SRT-4

hey lemonherb...did u launch wen u raced the spec from a dig? my friend who owns a spec v wants to race at the tracks next week...i'm pretty confident..i jus wanna kno if i have to bother to launch in order to beat him...jus wonderin

i ran 14.9 in 100 degree day in 100% humidity on 18's and screwed up the launch. buddy of mines best time ever is a mid 15 in his spec-v. no worries here, i was back to stock at the time too. just went to see what kinda reaction i got from my new 18's at the track. lets just say the 16's go back on for the tracl every time now.
    It's never fast enough.

Yah don't worry so much about the launch there. You can beat him from a roll im sure, just don't let him get to far ahead off the line.
    -Andrew

Jeez, you spanked him in an Eclipse GT like that, while giving him the punch first?

Damn, I raced an Eclipse from a dig and annhiliated him...many, many cars. Guess the Spec's aren't as fast as I thought they were from a roll...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

GTs aren't so bad once they get going, but from a dig you can beat them in a WRX by a good 4 or 5 or 6 cars. But I have raced my wife without launching while she did a good launch, and so she got a car on me to start with while I was waiting to spool. I didn't pass her untill the top of third. So they are okay, save for they have the turn radius of a bus and a visibility of a submarine.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by REX DoRiFtO
    hey lemonherb...did u launch wen u raced the spec from a dig? my friend who owns a spec v wants to race at the tracks next week...i'm pretty confident..i jus wanna kno if i have to bother to launch in order to beat him...jus wonderin
    There are Specs running high 14's with bolt-ons. I wouldn't underestimate anyone. If you're going to race, go balls out. I've seen enough threads about slower cars hanging with WRX's because the driver didn't feel it was necessary to put forth his best effort.

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    At the shop.. But I gotta pay 1000 dollars because they said I was secondary at fault.
    Sorry man really.

Time for a brake upgrade, seriously...that's the first thing I'm doing this time around.

Funny about the Sentra guy though, I bet he's not so happy with his purcahse now.

I already have upgraded pads and all, maybe tires would have done me well. Well considering the guy said he paid 28k out the door for that sentra, I think so. He was kinda suprised to see people getting them for around 17.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by palaban
    There are Specs running high 14's with bolt-ons. I wouldn't underestimate anyone. If you're going to race, go balls out. I've seen enough threads about slower cars hanging with WRX's because the driver didn't feel it was necessary to put forth his best effort.
    Yea, they are certainly capable of good times with the right driver, that's for sure. If I was in any car, I'd do my damndest to launch because a fraction of a second can mean a great deal on the street...

I don't know, from MY experiences (which are purely subjective of course) the GT's are slow as hell stock...granted, I am not stock so that's a pretty "DUH" observation

And Palaban, love your afro-avitar...that's better than the kung-fu fighter you have.

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    Well considering the guy said he paid 28k out the door for that sentra, I think so.
    Holy crap!!! 28K for a Sentra, he got sooo bent over.

Originally posted by PKer
    Holy crap!!! 28K for a Sentra, he got sooo bent over.
    That's the biggest understatement of the year He almost could have had an Evo with that cash!!! Or the mods he could have bought on a WRX...****, the mods he could have bought on a Spec V if he got it for the "normal" price of $17k!!!

Damn, poor guy, someone probably added 2 zero's to his dolla bill and he thought he had a hundred.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.