FYI - V6 Accord
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on FYI - V6 Accord within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just read the article about this car Car and Driver clocked a 5.9 0-60, 14.5 1/4 mile!! It seems ...

J-H

FYI - V6 Accord

I just read the article about this car
    Car and Driver clocked a 5.9 0-60, 14.5 1/4 mile!!
    It seems that ever since I bought my WRX all other cars are getting faster and faster (at least on paper).

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The more depressing part is that it will take out a stock WRX from a roll on race. I'm not in the least worried though!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I Support ClubWRX

Was this the 6-speed coupe version?

Damn that's fast for a family sedan! Remember years ago when the world's best sports cars put up these kind of numbers?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I'm SURE that is the 6 speed coupe. 240hp stock. Add an intake: an honest 10hp, add premium fuel: another honest 10hp.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Very impressive performance indeed, at least in a straight line. Combine that with rock solid Honda reliability, nice ergonomics, etc, and you get a nice package.

No offense intended to Honda owners, but I just can't ever see myself in an Accord. There's just no personality to the car; no soul. I guess I just don't like coming to a four-way-stop, and having 2 of the other cars there look just like me.

OTOH, I'd better get my savings up enough to move to Cobb Stage 2, so I have a hope of keeping up with a V6!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Accord 6 speed is a nice car.

You won't find Accord 6speed in the 4 way stop and find any other one at all. They are rare to get. Carbon Fiber dash, great ergonomics, nice torque, and HP. And you know Honda is reliable. Very nice, but it does not handle well. ANd I think it's too pricey.

I work at a Honda. I think it's a great car, but it's so hard to get. And clutch sucks a$$. Is it a good car? Hell yeah, yet still not too much of a personality in the car. Needs to suspension and 20-40 more HP and/or torque. And needs nice LSD.

-soul

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by soulsweeper
    You won't find Accord 6speed in the 4 way stop and find any other one at all.
    Perhaps, but you'll almost certainly see a car that looks close enough. Just nothing there in the aesthetics department to set it apart.

Don't get me wrong; I think Honda's quality and execution is second to none. I think that they build excellent engines. Just not the car for me. I ALMOST got excited about the Acura TSX, 'til I saw the specs.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, tell me about it. $30k is a lot for a car these days with a low-torque 4-cylinder engine in a fairly heavy vehicle. Don't get me wrong, it has great Honda precision and nice performance - but it needs FI or something to stand out more. Honda's scared of FI, though.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I have a 5AT V6 Accord sedan.

It dosen't handle too brilliantly and the front end floats a little because of the weight of the V6. There's usually a wet gutter thing across the intersection where I turn to get into my house.

Wrxg0blin's WRX just goes around the corner like it's dry. My parents' FR cars (Even the lexus with a V8 over the front wheels) take it with little complaint. But with the Accord, the nose keeps going straight but my steering wheel is cranked very far to the right. TCS kicks in sometimes.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah...it sucks gas like a muscle car in the city, or seems to because the gas gauge has a million markings on it. Good low-end torque, absolutely brilliant automatic transmission that keeps the TC locked as low as 1500rpm. Gets 26-28mpg on the freeway.

I'm gonna race wrxg0blin whenever I get around to an oil change.
    Last edited by AREITU; 09-04-2003 at 10:52 AM.

Originally posted by Integra96
    Ah, tell me about it. $30k is a lot for a car these days with a low-torque 4-cylinder engine in a fairly heavy vehicle. Don't get me wrong, it has great Honda precision and nice performance - but it needs FI or something to stand out more. Honda's scared of FI, though.
    Actually, the V6 Accord is a V6 (hehe) and it has a decent amount of torque for a Honda...But I wouldn't drive it, too much money and as someone said, you see them everywhere around here...no originality at all.

The sucker can run a mid 14 second 1/4 mile though, which is nice for a stock family sedan. Wouldn't touch it over a Rex though, that's for sure...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by smokey
    Actually, the V6 Accord is a V6 (hehe) and it has a decent amount of torque for a Honda...
    Actually, he was talking about the Acura TSX, which is a i-VTEC four-banger. We got off on a little tangent there for a bit..
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Actually, he was talking about the Acura TSX, which is a i-VTEC four-banger. We got off on a little tangent there for a bit..
    Oh, my bad...that car disappointed me as well. I thought the extra displacement might actually lead to some more power (it did give it more torque) but the heavy ass ***** countered that

Handles really nice from what I hear though..

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe a Type-S version with a few more HP will be offered in the future... (talking about the TSX...)
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    No biggy
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I doubt it - Honda is stupid and doesn't want to infringe on its other car sales, such as the V6 Accord and the S2K.

That's why they didn't bring the RSX Type R over, because it would have hurt the S2K's sales...and that's why I don't believe they will ever introduce a TSX-S or TSX-R with more power because it will infringe on the Accord's sales.

To me, Honda is dropping the ball big time when it comes to sporty cars. The S2K is great, but totally maxed out unless you have the loot to go F/I.

The RSX-S is a nice little car, but its FWD so there's always that major constraint. There are great turbo applications out there, but once again, that's a lot of loot. Compared to the rest of the playing field, they are a step behind for sure right now.

WRX - cheap and easy to mod
    SRT-4 - same
    etc...etc...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.