FYI - V6 Accord - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on FYI - V6 Accord within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by smokey I doubt it - Honda is stupid and doesn't want to infringe on its other car ...

Originally posted by smokey
    I doubt it - Honda is stupid and doesn't want to infringe on its other car sales, such as the V6 Accord and the S2K.

That's why they didn't bring the RSX Type R over, because it would have hurt the S2K's sales...and that's why I don't believe they will ever introduce a TSX-S or TSX-R with more power because it will infringe on the Accord's sales.
    This is true. Same thing with the Civic Type-R--they felt it would compete against the Acura RSX Type-S in our market, so for now it's staying away from the U.S. The same can be said about Ford for now. They have a wild Focus hatchback sold in other countries, but they would never sell it here for now because it might take away sales from the gas-guzzling Mustang--an American icon that Ford will NEVER want to muzzle.

But back to the Accord, the 6-speed is good stuff, but some Honda dealers were telling me that the 6-speed coupes account for roughly 1-2% of ALL Accords made, so they are rare, and when you do find them, they are marked up to around $30,000, which will just make you want something else. And those "sporty" seats are not sporty at all--they were made for the fattest Americans possible, just like the rest of the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    And those "sporty" seats are not sporty at all--they were made for the fattest Americans possible, just like the rest of the car.
    They have good lumbar support.

My wife wanted a a new accord because she likes the look of them. I tried to make her get the v6 6sp but she didn't want to. She kept telling my that I am the only one out of the two of us that cares about speed. We got an 03 accord ex. Not to bad, really quite on the highway, just not enough spunk for my tasts.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Originally posted by smokey
    I doubt it - Honda is stupid and doesn't want to infringe on its other car sales, such as the V6 Accord and the S2K.

I think its smart for any manufacturer to not make cars compete with each other. Apparently in Honda's case they know what they're doing, as they keep on growing each year. But I think Honda is past due for a real performance car in the U.S... besides the NSX.

Originally posted by Brainz
    I think its smart for any manufacturer to not make cars compete with each other. Apparently in Honda's case they know what they're doing, as they keep on growing each year. But I think Honda is past due for a real performance car in the U.S... besides the NSX.
    They don't care as much in other countries. It's the fact that the US is the largest car market in the world. That's why Mobil tells us to change our oil every 3000-5000mi but in Europe they say 10,000-15,000mi is fine. Why? Sell more Mobil 1.
    We don't get the Civic Type-R because it'd dig into RSX sales. We get certain cars in limited numbers so it dosen't dig into sales and the value is higher, not to mention that the company gets a better image. THat's what Subaru is doing with the STi -- releasing them in relatively small numbers for high demand. This strategy is also employed by Ferrari. Only 349 F50s and Enzos were made because they anticipated a global demand for 350 cars. Having one less and everybody wanting one makes it worth more. Why do you think Integra Type-Rs go for $20,000?

The Accord V6 6MT coupe is luring people who used to buy the Prelude but were dissapointed. The Prelude was big outside, small inside and had "only" a 2.2L four cylinder and cost as much as an RSX despite being not-as-cool. I have to admit, the J30A4 engine in the V6 Accords are brilliant, especially the exhaust manifold cast into the cylinder heads.

They have a wild Focus hatchback sold in other countries, but they would never sell it here for now because it might take away sales from the gas-guzzling Mustang--an American icon that Ford will NEVER want to muzzle.

Last time I checked, my mustang gets 24MPH with all my mods and runs on 87 octane gas. If the Accord get 2mpg more, whooptie doo. I forgot, all V8's are gas guzzlers.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

Originally posted by ForPointSex
    Last time I checked, my mustang gets 24MPH with all my mods
    That sounds about right.

(ducking! just kidding! sorry.)
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ForPointSex
    Last time I checked, my mustang gets 24MPH with all my mods and runs on 87 octane gas. If the Accord get 2mpg more, whooptie doo. I forgot, all V8's are gas guzzlers.
    EPA numbers at Kelley Blue Book's site show a 24mpg highway mileage number for the V8 Mustang, and 30mpg for the V6 Accord. 25% is significant! Actually, I think 30mpg is excellent, given the performance of the engine.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    EPA numbers at Kelley Blue Book's site show a 24mpg highway mileage number for the V8 Mustang, and 30mpg for the V6 Accord. 25% is significant! Actually, I think 30mpg is excellent, given the performance of the engine.
    Exactly. And FourPointSex--don't be mean. It is a fact that most V-8s have lower mpg ratings than most four- and six-cylinders, whether it be a 1 or 10 mpg difference. It's still drinking more gas, regardless of how capable your car is when it comes to acceleration. End of story.

But hey, put on a smile, everybody. It's Friday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.