quick race with ZO6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on quick race with ZO6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; all it was from a stop and stayed with the guy, didnt lose, didnt win, just stayed with him. BTW, ...

quick race with ZO6

all it was from a stop and stayed with the guy, didnt lose, didnt win, just stayed with him. BTW, i'm selling this corvette spanker (ok ok, it'll stay with a ZO6) for only $25k tdf2009@comcast.net
    if everything's under control, you're going too slow

*******BUY MY '88 Mercedes 560 sel so i can get a subie!!!!!!!!!!!! ($6k excellent condition)*******

sold
    02 sedona red wrx wagon (ESX stage IV) IHI VF-22, MRT intercooler, ESX/TRP full turbo back 3" exhaust, ESX/TRP 3200 lb racing clutch, AVO BOV, Blitz FATT digital turbo timer, piggy back computer system, ESX/TRP pulley, ESX/TRP lightweight flywheel , Injen cold air intake, Samco silicone hoses, black Enkei 18" DM5 with Yokohama AVS ES100s, STI short shift kit

dad's car
    '04 BMW m3 convertible. 19's, 6 speed, xenon, etc

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Alright Im calling BS on this one just until someone with more wrx knowledge than myself can prove me wrong. I have seen z06s trap 116 bone stock...I have over 400hp and I get WALKED by z06s...they are FAST. If you hung with this guy then I would be REALLY impressed, but I have to think if this guy was all in it, you would have been left!!
    2003 SRT-4

I don't see 15 PSI on that small turbo doing it either.....
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Ike
    If the Z06 didn't downshift (would you if a WRX pulled alongside you in a Z06) I would say it's possible. I know someone from another board that says he pulled on a Z06 with a STG 3 1.8T GTI, what do you guys think of that one, I was kind of thinking same deal.

Ike

Originally posted by Ike
    If the Z06 didn't downshift (would you if a WRX pulled alongside you in a Z06) I would say it's possible. I know someone from another board that says he pulled on a Z06 with a STG 3 1.8T GTI, what do you guys think of that one, I was kind of thinking same deal.

Ike
    Have you ever seen a z06 at speed?!?!? Its CRAZY. Those things just PULL like nothing. My friend has a 00 z28 with a ton of bolt ons...he routinely hangs with 03 cobras, and we ran into a z06 one night on the freeway...went from a 3rd gear roll, the z06 put 6-7 cars on my buddy in a matter of seconds!
    2003 SRT-4

Ike
    Yeah I have and I know what you're saying, I'm just trying to keep an open mind So you say no way in hell even if the other cars mentioned are trapping at 110-115 and the Z06 didn't downshift to a lower gear?

Ike

was it the 385hp or 405hp zo6?

if it were the 385 i beleive it without a dout.
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Originally posted by Ike
    Yeah I have and I know what you're saying, I'm just trying to keep an open mind So you say no way in hell even if the other cars mentioned are trapping at 110-115 and the Z06 didn't downshift to a lower gear?

Ike
    certainly, if that is true...but I have a hard time believing that z06 guy was that dumb to leave it in 5th!! If he did, then the cocky bastid deserved to lose.
    2003 SRT-4

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    This info is from another thread...I think that with these numbers he could have definitely hung onto the Z06...

02 sedona red wrx wagon (ESX stage IV)
    IHI VF-22 @ 15.5 psi
    ESX/TRP intercooler
    ESX/TRP turbo back 3" exhaust
    ESX/TRP 3200 lb racing clutch
    AVO BOV
    Blitz FATT digital turbo timer
    piggy back computer system
    ESX/TRP pulley
    ESX/TRP lightweight flywheel
    TXS boost controller
    Injen cold air intake
    silicone turbo hose
    ESX/TRP uppipe

12.4 @ 112
    0-60 4.1 sec.
    344 hp, 300 whp
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

seriously, it's not BS, thats pretty sad if someone lies about a race. according to magazines like c&d, road and track, etc, the vette is only about a tenth or slightly more quick in the 1/4. maybe he didnt know how to drive, but this isnt BS.
    if everything's under control, you're going too slow

*******BUY MY '88 Mercedes 560 sel so i can get a subie!!!!!!!!!!!! ($6k excellent condition)*******

sold
    02 sedona red wrx wagon (ESX stage IV) IHI VF-22, MRT intercooler, ESX/TRP full turbo back 3" exhaust, ESX/TRP 3200 lb racing clutch, AVO BOV, Blitz FATT digital turbo timer, piggy back computer system, ESX/TRP pulley, ESX/TRP lightweight flywheel , Injen cold air intake, Samco silicone hoses, black Enkei 18" DM5 with Yokohama AVS ES100s, STI short shift kit

dad's car
    '04 BMW m3 convertible. 19's, 6 speed, xenon, etc

In my stage 4 WRX, I made a habit of beating Z06's at our local 1/8 mile. Yes, this is because of the faster 60' times and then the Z06 has to play catch up. But at the 1/8 mile mark, I would still have a pretty good advantage. These Z06s at our little 1/8 mile are only running mid 8s in the 1/8 mile. My 8.18 @ 84mph just tore them up.

Another factor is not all Z06's run the numbers you see in the mags. The last time I was up at Bradenton Speedway there were 2 , Z06s running in the high 12s @ 110mph range. Thats way off the mag stats.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 09-03-2003 at 06:42 AM.

With those mods and times I have no problem believing the story.

It sounds good to me. What speed did you race him up to?

ESX Stage IV = HOLY FAST, I believe it all the way.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by Ike

Ike
    Stage III 1.8Ts run mid 12's @ ~112 MPH in the 1/4 mile. It's believeable.

Here are some time slips and vids:
    http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/pics_video_tvs3.html
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.