quick race with ZO6 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on quick race with ZO6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hell, if you only went to 60 you don't need stage 4 for me to believe that I thought we ...

Ike
    Hell, if you only went to 60 you don't need stage 4 for me to believe that I thought we were talking to triple digits here or at least close to it. A stage 2 WRX with a good driver could take a mediocre driver in a Z06 to 60.

Ike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You seem on top of the subject, but you talk about the VF22 setup as if it is lesser than a VF30 equivalent. The VF30 is the smaller turbo here...

I believe it because not all (better make that not many at all) Z06s turn low 12s @ 117mph. This is NOT documented! There is no such thing as documented 1/4 mile times for a type of car. Sure, one, 3, even hundreds could have turned that time, but thousands turn much, much slower, even with respectable drivers. It is the wonderful world of engineering tolerances. No two assembly line cars are equivalent.

I race at Bristol Motor Speedway, and N/A cars never run what they should. On the night I ran 14.0 @ 96 (pulled hose[15psi], no mods), there was an '02 Z06 with drag radials turning at best low 13s. The guy is a corvetteforum member and knew how to drive. You could tell from watching him launch and shift...he was getting healthy chirps when powershifting 2nd from the DRs. This is the real world, where anything can happen (Same night, a 2k3 [supercharged] cobra ran a best of 13.6 on factory rubber)

VV

Originally posted by Drod
    Those are some stout numbers for a VF 22 with 300 WHP. The mile time for his VF 22 setup is equal to the VF30 stage 4. The VF 30 Stage 4 puts down 340 HP to the wheels and runs 12.40 at 108 mph with an additional 40 HP to the wheels. The documented time for a Z06 is 12.40 at 117 MPH. So as you can see a stage 4 WRX and a Z06 are pretty much equal from a dig to the mile, but from a roll the Z06 will walk the Stage 4. Both cars weigh 40 pounds with in each other and the WHP is about the same. The WRX has the gearing advantage and that give it the lower end advantage, but the Vette will kill it after the mile.
    Last edited by VetteVert; 09-04-2003 at 08:10 AM.

You seem on top of the subject, but you talk about the VF22 setup as if it is lesser than a VF30 equivalent. The VF30 is the smaller turbo here...
    I belive that they both use the same compressor housing and the VF30 has a bigger exhaust housing. From what I have read, the VF30 Flows more AIR.

I believe it because not all (better make that not many at all) Z06s turn low 12s @ 117mph. This is NOT documented! There is no such thing as documented 1/4 mile times for a type of car. Sure, one, 3, even hundreds could have turned that time, but thousands turn much, much slower, even with respectable drivers. It is the wonderful world of engineering tolerances. No two assembly line cars are equivalent.
    I am going by the latest motor trend stats on the Z06 and that to me is a documented time. Read my previouse post, and you will see that I agree with you on the wide diffrences in times for a Z06 or any other car.
    Last edited by Drod; 09-04-2003 at 08:58 AM.

It has the same compressor housing of a 22, but the exhaust is the same as a 24...smaller...30s run out of breath around 19psi while 22s will burn 22psi+ (not for long) due to the less restrictive hot side.

VV

Originally posted by Drod
    I belive that they both use the same compressor housing and the VF30 has a bigger exhaust housing. From what I have read, the VF30 Flows more AIR.

I am going by the latest motor trend stats on the Z06 and that to me is a documented time. Read my previouse post, and you will see that I agree with you on the wide diffrences in times for a Z06 or any other car.

Thumbs up

I stand corrected. The 22 flow better air and holds bigger boost.
    VF 30 440 CFI and the 22 480 CFI. The VF30 esier to tune. Your game is strong

SBW
    Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    with the time in your sig, you MIGHT be able to hang with a modded c5(intake exhaust few other bolt ons)

but a z06, you beat the driver not the car. sorry.
    Unfortunately, a car is worthless without the driver. Maybe if you were driving the z06, you would have won, but thats irrelevant here. He gets my props

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    ESX Stage IV = HOLY FAST, I believe it all the way.

-joe

yea doesnt smell of bs to me AT ALL...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Yah the statement about you beat the driver not the car is just stupid.
    -Andrew

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.