quick race with ZO6 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on quick race with ZO6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX ESX Stage IV = HOLY FAST, I believe it all the way. -joe word.. You peeps ...

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    ESX Stage IV = HOLY FAST, I believe it all the way.

-joe
    word.. You peeps calling BS need to check your info before calling people liars..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by kingleh
    was it the 385hp or 405hp zo6?

if it were the 385 i beleive it without a dout.
    once again you are uninformed about the ls1/ls6 motors.

there is not that big of a difference. the 02+'s will do anywhere from .2-.3 seconds quicker. thats not a HUGE difference. that is also from a dead stop. some of the 01 z06 guys(all the ones i see on ls1.com) are running 12.3 and 12.4 stock or with an exhaust.

i dont see him beating any year z06. i dont think that car has the trap speed in it to pull a z06. it definately sounds like a nice car though, he might want to try an ls6'ed trans am or camaro instead.
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    This info is from another thread...I think that with these numbers he could have definitely hung onto the Z06...
    im going to agree with you... however, once you get past 80 the z is gonna fly right by.

if they raced 1/8 mile, wrx takes it. any further, z will own it.
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

I have personally beat many z06 at the track(1/4 mi). They are fast, but it's fun to pass them and wave bye bye...

never raced any on the street, most of the people that own them dont race on the street.
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Originally posted by skullguy
    I have personally beat many z06 at the track(1/4 mi). They are fast, but it's fun to pass them and wave bye bye...

never raced any on the street, most of the people that own them dont race on the street.
    with the time in your sig, you MIGHT be able to hang with a modded c5(intake exhaust few other bolt ons)

but a z06, you beat the driver not the car. sorry.
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

The race was from a stop and the WRX has the gearing advantage. F the all wheel drive advantage, because some guys at the Corvette forums are pulling 1.8 60 ft times with their stock Z06's. The WRX gearing is what gives the puppy a nice advantage. People get caught up with stage 4 and all that, but fail to notice that the WRX has a 3.96 gear ratio. If the WRX had the same 3.45 gear ratio as the Vette, then the WRX would get waxed off the line and in the 1/8 by many cars. I believe that he ran a Z06 hard off the line. If he had a bigger turbo like an 18g or 20g the WRX would of had pulled from the Vette. I raced my brothers stock 99 C5 with my stage 2 WRX and pulled him hard through the 1/8 and then he walked me. 12.88 109 to my 13.4 @101.
    Last edited by Drod; 09-03-2003 at 01:16 PM.

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    with the time in your sig, you MIGHT be able to hang with a modded c5(intake exhaust few other bolt ons)

but a z06, you beat the driver not the car. sorry.
    Last time I checked cars other the KIT did not drive themselves, he beat a Z06, period.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

People seem to forget that the skill is in the driving. A solid mid 13 sec car, driven by a skilled racer will cause havoc on the streets. People think just because a Z06 runs low 12s at 114 plus mph that it is unbeatable. I have seen many Z06 owners at the track scratch their heads and wonder why they ran a 13.5 @ 105. Skills, your 60ft time suck and your 1/8 isnt that much better.

Drod is dropping knowledge in this thread.. Great points dude..

?

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    Have you ever seen a z06 at speed?!?!? Its CRAZY. Those things just PULL like nothing. My friend has a 00 z28 with a ton of bolt ons...he routinely hangs with 03 cobras, and we ran into a z06 one night on the freeway...went from a 3rd gear roll, the z06 put 6-7 cars on my buddy in a matter of seconds!
    6-7 cars and his car supposely hung with cobra's....hmm......ask "03cobra" but I know he used to race zo6's in his car and he would take them pretty easily......that car never lost a race and if your buddy is losing by 6-7 cars, he is doing something wrong
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Last time I checked cars other the KIT did not drive themselves, he beat a Z06, period.

-joe
    no, he beat the driver of the z06. you let me in the drivers seat of a z06 and i guarentee you ill click off a 12.4 or better pass... any year z06 btw, 01-04.
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

Z06's are slow up here in Denver

Well you say that he trapped at (THE WRX with those mods) at 112 MPH which is right where a Z06 is. It is believeable if that fact is true.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Those are some stout numbers for a VF 22 with 300 WHP. The mile time for his VF 22 setup is equal to the VF30 stage 4. The VF 30 Stage 4 puts down 340 HP to the wheels and runs 12.40 at 108 mph with an additional 40 HP to the wheels. The documented time for a Z06 is 12.40 at 117 MPH. So as you can see a stage 4 WRX and a Z06 are pretty much equal from a dig to the mile, but from a roll the Z06 will walk the Stage 4. Both cars weigh 40 pounds with in each other and the WHP is about the same. The WRX has the gearing advantage and that give it the lower end advantage, but the Vette will kill it after the mile.

the WHP ratings i have are a very rough estimate, i got this number by doing one run with a G-tec pro, with stock tires. the 1/4 mile time is well....an estimate also, the owner of Easy Street says his stage IV cars run solid 12.5s, but i also have a larger intercooler, flywheel, and clutch, so i'd guess this would take maybe a tenth off the 1/4 mile time of a normal stage IV? anyways, its all good, yall dont have to believe me with the race (BTW, i never said i beat him, i said I HUNG WITH HIM, which means neck and neck the whole way, which was up to about 60 mph). the only thing that matters is that at least I know i can stay with a ZO6.......

sj
    if everything's under control, you're going too slow

*******BUY MY '88 Mercedes 560 sel so i can get a subie!!!!!!!!!!!! ($6k excellent condition)*******

sold
    02 sedona red wrx wagon (ESX stage IV) IHI VF-22, MRT intercooler, ESX/TRP full turbo back 3" exhaust, ESX/TRP 3200 lb racing clutch, AVO BOV, Blitz FATT digital turbo timer, piggy back computer system, ESX/TRP pulley, ESX/TRP lightweight flywheel , Injen cold air intake, Samco silicone hoses, black Enkei 18" DM5 with Yokohama AVS ES100s, STI short shift kit

dad's car
    '04 BMW m3 convertible. 19's, 6 speed, xenon, etc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.