please explain - roll start
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on please explain - roll start within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I never raced the WRX but I keep reading posting by people that do and most of the races start ...

please explain - roll start

I never raced the WRX but I keep reading posting by people that do and most of the races start from a "rolling start". I am assuming that this is done to save the tranny but wouldn't the WRX be in advantage from a standing start with its 4wd system and turbo charged engine?

thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    yes...we do have an advantage with awd for the launch (no wheelspin).

yes...it does save your tranny (especially 1st and 2nd gears)

the turbo takes a little to spool up (3.5 - 4k on the tach) therefore if you are in the right gear in a rolling start it really doesn't matter, you 'll have the power anyways.

In short, launching the car will induce more wear and tear on the tranny which is already considered to be the weakest component of the car (aside from the RE92's). Rolling starts are considered by some to not be a real race!!

you decide what the costs/benefits are of racing your car!!

Be safe though.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

thank you for the quick response.

That's what I thought.
    People abusing their trannies are giving WRX a bad name.
    When I first started reading about the WRX, I came across several posting regarding blown trannies and how SOA was not covering them under warranty. Several searches later I came to the realization that the same people complaining about tranny problems had posted weeks earlier how they beat other cars off the line, go figure.....and their tranny dropped.....

Originally posted by veteq

That's what I thought.
    When I first started reading about the WRX, I came across several posting regarding blown trannies and how SOA was not covering them under warranty. Several searches later I came to the realization that the same people complaining about tranny problems had posted weeks earlier how they beat other cars off the line, go figure.....and their tranny dropped.....
    haha, whatever.

That's what I thought.
    r
    o
    f
    l

Eric
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

well it is not to say that it is NOT completely their fault for blowing the tranny because of launching BUT our cars are known for having a weak tranny. I would say that it is a bit of the driver's fault as well as Subaru. The STi tranny is a different story I believe.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

i think the competition would get pwned to badly if they raced a wrx from a dig, so they set up a race for rolling to take the WRXs advantage away.

thats my experience with me and my firned street racing anyways
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

That's what I thought.
    Way to research.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

The funny part is how all these clowns think that our cars are automatically slow once we are moving.
    I created my avatar.

That is so true...i still think that the rex pulls decently hard through 3rd and 4th...

...and modded is entirely different story.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

the thing is, these ass clowns don't know anything about turbos. The Honduh boys assume that because the stock turbo loses flow up top that the WRX as a CAR has no top end.

idiots.
    '03 white rex

the wrx pulls ok from 40and up but its just yall rape poeple sooo bad off the line.
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Originally posted by verc
    the thing is, these ass clowns don't know anything about turbos. The Honduh boys assume that because the stock turbo loses flow up top that the WRX as a CAR has no top end.

idiots.
    Learn to spell? Honda?

Originally posted by verc

idiots.
    I thought it had a lot to do with you ultra-restrictive exhaust systems as well...I've heard that a nice full turbo-back exhaust opens up your top end big time.

Oh well...anyway, I'm not going to preach and ****, but where was anyone talking about Honda's in this post?

I guess you have a lot of built up hate against a few owners, that's cool...but please, its the owners, not the car.

I know that won't get taken to heart but I have to keep on trying since I've been a part of this community for quite some time!!!

Remember, it goes both ways.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Yeah, it does have a lot to do with "our" exhaust system. But the car still pulls hard through 3rd and 4th gear. I wasted a GSR from a 40 punch tonight. Can't wait to finally get ahold of my lil cuz in his RSX-S.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.