please explain - roll start - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on please explain - roll start within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The advantage is not the AWD system, but the gear ratio. Yes the AWD helps with the traction, but with ...

The advantage is not the AWD system, but the gear ratio. Yes the AWD helps with the traction, but with out the 3.90 gear ratio the WRX would be an avarage car with a mid 15 sec 1/4 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by tacomaboy138

In short, launching the car will induce more wear and tear on the tranny which is already considered to be the weakest component of the car (aside from the RE92's).
    i hear the automatics are pretty tough and take modding up to 400+ HP with only synthetic fluid. ;p

LoL who the heck is the guy who tried to correct me on spelling?

I wrote "Honduh" which from what I understand is the universal designation for ricers who dropped out of high school and can't spell. Hence, the mispelling of honda.

So yes, I can hate using the word "honduh" because that is slur just as "ricer" is. Of course, you could debate it with me all you want. I mean, that's the reason why you went to college right?

Now "Honda" boys would be the educated kinds that can spell.

sheesh.
    '03 white rex

I prefer racing from a rolling start even though it's not to my advantage.

Why? because of what folks have already stated. I think I like my tranny in working condition .

Yes, it's nice to beat people off the line but I'd also like to outpower someone from a roll. Beating someone from a roll in an AWD wagon is more impressive in my eyes. It's just too bad it's not our strongpoint. Winning or losing, it's still fun .

PS: I try to use my SS when racing on the highway .
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 09-04-2003 at 10:02 AM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by DROB
    Yeah, it does have a lot to do with "our" exhaust system. But the car still pulls hard through 3rd and 4th gear. I wasted a GSR from a 40 punch tonight. Can't wait to finally get ahold of my lil cuz in his RSX-S.
    Why the quotes around "our?" Did I say something that was wrong? Or imflammatory? Or am I overanalyzing again?

That's great that you wasted a 170hp car too...I think the RSX-S will give you a much better matchup, but I think you should still pull one, assuming its stock of course (and you are as well).

Have fun!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

no matter what exhaust or anything, It remains the fact that a few psi is dropped off the turbo by redline. So that's already a ~30 hp loss right there!
    '03 white rex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12