turbo civic

This is a discussion on turbo civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This clean red civic 2dr coup blew his bov at me last night. Now you do not run into turbo ...

turbo civic

This clean red civic 2dr coup blew his bov at me last night. Now you do not run into turbo civics all day in my town so I was excited and proceded to point forward to inquire about a run. He proceded to agree and off we went.
    I wanted to go from a roll, preferebly 35mph thats my vf22's sweet spot in 2nd. So we went. I must admit I was pretty nervous because you never know whats under those civic's. We went and thank GOD I pulled him through 4th. I only got him by about 2 cars. He was def. quick.
    What kind of power would his 1.6 single overhead cam w/a 15g turbo on it make? He also had a fmic, msd ignition, exhaust, limited slip tranny. Just curious, I know those things are much lighter than us.....But at least I represented and won but I think I was supposed too...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice race, all my friends have nicely done up civics. i used to be in the honda crowd (still kinda am/ just drive a suby now ) but this one guy i know has 230whp all motor civic and that things a beast, specially when he weighs in at 2300lbs with driver

230 WHP ....How did he manage that n/a ? Nice :-)

2300lbs. with driver ....no back seats etc ? Nice again :-)

What does this thing run in the 1/4 mile ? Must be fast as hell....low 12 - mid 12's ?

Cheers,
    Ray
    JDM STi-7, RHD bugeye, full turbo back ScoobySport 2.5" Inner diameter catless zorst, Uprated fuel pump, Remapped ECU by ScoobySport / EcuTek (max boost in 4th gear 20 PSI), GReddy boost gauge and EcuTek - Delta Dash (engine / ecu reading and road dyno software), est: 335 bhp and 315 ft. lbs. torque....on 98 RON / 93 octane gas, 88 degrees F outside temp

yep no back seats,spare,etc. its a lsvtec done to a 2.1liter (orginally 1.8liter for the non honda guys) built motor, tuned on hondata. he ran it in palmdale which is 3500 feet elevation. and he hit 13.7. that was on azenis street tires. sea level and some real nice dot drag radials i could probly see 12's for sure!

my other friend challanged me to race. he has 240whp civic with stock gsr swap and t3/t4 turbo running 8psi. but he'll probly smoke me, so im gonna wait till i get stage 4

Yeah, I get all scared when I think about nicely done civics. I mean the prelude engine is like what, 2.2/2.3 liters? And the hatchback can weigh 2000-2400 pounds? And a bolt on turbo prelude motor is like what, 300 + hp?

scary.
    '03 white rex

Ike

Re: turbo civic

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    This clean red civic 2dr coup blew his bov at me last night. Now you do not run into turbo civics all day in my town so I was excited and proceded to point forward to inquire about a run. He proceded to agree and off we went.
    I wanted to go from a roll, preferebly 35mph thats my vf22's sweet spot in 2nd. So we went. I must admit I was pretty nervous because you never know whats under those civic's. We went and thank GOD I pulled him through 4th. I only got him by about 2 cars. He was def. quick.
    What kind of power would his 1.6 single overhead cam w/a 15g turbo on it make? He also had a fmic, msd ignition, exhaust, limited slip tranny. Just curious, I know those things are much lighter than us.....But at least I represented and won but I think I was supposed too...
    Are you sure he didn't have an engine swap?