I should have bought a WRX

This is a discussion on I should have bought a WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Man, did I ever blow it. I've been a total Honda/Acura fan for so long that when it came time ...

I should have bought a WRX

Man, did I ever blow it. I've been a total Honda/Acura fan for so long that when it came time to replace my Integra and I heard that the RSX came out, I didn't even seriously look at the competition. About the only other car I looked at was the Celica (another piece of junk though). I never would have even thought about getting a WRX... Subaru really needs to work on their marketing IMO.

Anyway, I just got a chance to drive my friend's stock WRX and is this car ever incredible!! It kills my crappy RSX in every way possible: 0-60, 1/4 ET, autoX, moddability, interior, exterior, luxury (well, no leather or climate control, but who gives a **** about those??). Those of you in the US who buy an RSX over a WRX are complete idiots!!! At least in Canada we have a tiny excuse since the MSRP on a WRX is $4,000 more but in the US, they are pretty well the same price! I can't think of a single reason why anyone would buy an RSX over a WRX in the US and the price difference in Canada is negligeable considering how much the WRX completely kicks ass over the RSX.

Anyway, props to you guys for having the best car you can possibly buy out there right now. Damn, I wish I had done a bit more research before buying my piece of crap. I can't even bear to look at it anymore. Hmm, would it suck if I got into an accident and totalled it today?

Oh, and for all you stupid RSX people out there who thinks that the RSX has ANY chance against the WRX in ANY sort of competition (standstill, highway, handling, looks, reliability), get with the program. The RSX doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the WRX.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude,

I understand your enthusiam and I'm sorry you're not happy with your car, but I read every post that comes on to this board and all you are doing is beating yourself up over your car purchase and praising the WRX. Um, thanks, but we know how great the WRX is, most of us own one.

So, welcome to the club, I guess. I hope you can add something to the discussions and try not to get in any flame wars.

Why don't you drive your Type-S to the nearest Subaru Dealer and get yourself a WRX??!?!?

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Dude,

I understand your enthusiam and I'm sorry you're not happy with your car, but I read every post that comes on to this board and all you are doing is beating yourself up over your car purchase and praising the WRX. Um, thanks, but we know how great the WRX is, most of us own one.

So, welcome to the club, I guess. I hope you can add something to the discussions and try not to get in any flame wars.

Why don't you drive your Type-S to the nearest Subaru Dealer and get yourself a WRX??!?!?

-Jim
    Hehe, I've obviously known about the WRX for some time now (if you read even 1 post on ClubRSX, you've heard about the WRX, why these people even bother comparing the cars is beyond me). It is one thing to read about how great a car is and another thing completely to actually get to drive one. I got to drive the car yesterday and I have to say that every story out there about the WRX is true! It does completely kick ass over the RSX in every single department possible!

I would trade it in if I could afford it but I just bought this POS a few months ago and I can't afford to buy a brand new car. Also, remember that in Canada the WRX is $4,000 more than the RSX so even if I could get every single penny back, I would still have to come up with extra cash.

Sigh, we all make mistakes, guess I'll just have to live with mine for now!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Hehe, I've obviously known about the WRX for some time now (if you read even 1 post on ClubRSX, you've heard about the WRX, why these people even bother comparing the cars is beyond me). It is one thing to read about how great a car is and another thing completely to actually get to drive one. I got to drive the car yesterday and I have to say that every story out there about the WRX is true! It does completely kick ass over the RSX in every single department possible!

I would trade it in if I could afford it but I just bought this POS a few months ago and I can't afford to buy a brand new car. Also, remember that in Canada the WRX is $4,000 more than the RSX so even if I could get every single penny back, I would still have to come up with extra cash.

Sigh, we all make mistakes, guess I'll just have to live with mine for now!
    Umm.. Your incesant bitching about the RSX makes me wonder if you infact own one. Perhaps, you're just a WRX fanboy who is sick of the pounding the WRX takes on ClubRSX.

Personally I would like both cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well personally I wanted a Z06, but I couldn't afford one. I also wanted a car with all wheel drive so I could get up to the snow for boarding. So my ONLY choice of AWD, power and handling was the WRX. And I thank my self everyday by winding out 2nd and 3rd gear to 6k. God I love being pushed back in my seat. Upgrades soon to come.
    Peace,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    So my ONLY choice of AWD, power and handling was the WRX.
    Come on now, it wasn't your ONLY choice. An excellent choice indeed, but if you were looking anywhere near the price range of a Z06, there are a few others to consider. Now, since you stated that you couldn't afford a Z06, then your choices do certainly decrease. There are still a few options, but none of them will give you the power of the WRX.

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!
    I have to disagree with you on the RSX. It depends on what you like and what you bought i for. The wrx has a hands down advantage with the awd but by no means will it blow away an RSX on a roll on at like 60. Dont forget its 400 lbs lighter.my friend has a type s with intake,pulley,downpipe,exhaust.Stock for stock i ran 1-2 cars ahead of him. But, with mods on that car it runs side by side with me now. Not from a dead stop of course.Dont forget the HP to the wheels isnt far off ours since the drivetrain loss is so much. Bang for the buck i think we have the best car on the market but dont think a turbo rsx will not rip a wrx a new ass. In Florida we have so many 10-11 second hondas its not even funny.You win some you lose some.

As far as the interior and build of the car i have to say the RSX is much better designed. 4 yr 50k mile warranty too.The tranny is 6sp and is a smooth as an NSX. The interior is nicer looking to me. Anyway i would never ever trade my Wrx for an rsx cause i love my AWD but if acura made an awd RSX it would run with our WRX's. Not flaming just giving my personal opinion. Why hate other cars!! Just make the one you have faster.
    Last edited by MotorMatrix; 04-03-2002 at 08:18 PM.

Yeah this sounds a little weird. I think you are a wrx owner trying to bring down the RSX.
    Remember, NO ONE CAN BEAT THE CIVIC! lol.

Oh man,

I'm glad I bought the WRX. I was so close to buying the RSX before I got this beast.

Cool!
    First time booster

love your car man. there are many people out there who don't even have a car. Be grateful
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

YOur right, be happy with wha tyou have. Someone will always have something better or worse.
    First time booster