0nce again Srt-4 gets Owned!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 0nce again Srt-4 gets Owned! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Next car: 2003 WRX It seems WAY to easy to destroy an SRT-4.. The hull looks like it's made outa ...

0nce again Srt-4 gets Owned!

Next car: 2003 WRX

It seems WAY to easy to destroy an SRT-4.. The hull looks like it's made outa tinfoil! Just like those shtty pontiac Gran PRIX/AMs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    what happened?
    2003 SRT-4

Looks to me like he got rear-ended. I lost my Acura that way in NYC. I wasn't even moving and some fu*ker in a tow truck nailed me and totaled the car.

I feel for that guy/girl if that's the case. He loves cars and he lost one. Hope he didn't get hurt and I hope he gets his due from the insurance company and the jackoff who hit him.

be interesting to see which car was crashed more when it was debut, the wrx or the srt-4

hehe
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

At least his/her wheels made it out O.K....I hope.

Too many high schoolers driving these cars. I hate to see their insurance rates after all this.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

DAYUM! This is really starting to get to me. My ins. rates are going to skyrocket because of all these wrecked SRT-4's!!

I hope this person made it out OK. Looks like the car got T-boned in the rear. They only made 3275 of these cars in 2003, and they are becoming even moe rarer as the months go by and it's the summer time!! I hate to see what winter is going to bring!

On a side note, I really like those wheels! (gotta find this junk yard)
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    DAYUM! This is really starting to get to me. My ins. rates are going to skyrocket because of all these wrecked SRT-4's!!

I hope this person made it out OK. Looks like the car got T-boned in the rear. They only made 3275 of these cars in 2003, and they are becoming even moe rarer as the months go by and it's the summer time!! I hate to see what winter is going to bring!

On a side note, I really like those wheels! (gotta find this junk yard)

your not the only one drizze.....this is starting to get a bit out of hand...........can anybody tell me if the Rex's had the same phenom when they first came out?

Yes. We had two local guys wreck theirs within 3 months of the cars release.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

That bites, any idea what happened smolten? Certainly looks like it might not have been the drivers fault, was s/he ok? With the bright yellow and the big wing you would think it would be easy for someone to see. Not sure but looks like a TX plate. The 10 gallon hat offers a clue too...

"Silly, There's no basement in the Alamo!"
    2004 Platinum XT

Ah these are the threads I like to see. Keep em coming.

Originally posted by Mili727
    Ah these are the threads I like to see. Keep em coming.
    Why? That ain't cool, bro.

bent_halo, from what I understand from a lot of the guys here, the WRX suffered the same fate in it's first year.

my point is DAM

these cars get ripped apart in accidents..

I never thought much of those highway safety crashe tests but now I can see why the neon was last only to Hyndair and Kia.

Basically the cars crumple up like a beer can. I've never seen a wrx do that/

Must say though but DAM those rims are F I N E
    Last edited by smolten; 09-01-2003 at 07:20 PM.

Originally posted by smolten
    my point is DAM

these cars get ripped apart in accidents..

I never thought much of those highway safety crashe tests but now I can see why the neon was last only to Hyndair and Kia.

Basically the cars crumple up like a beer can. I've never seen a wrx do that/

Must say though but DAM those rims are F I N E
    I can't say whether or not a WRX would look the same way or not, BUT what I can say because I know this as a fact is that cars today are designed with "crumble zones" Crumble Zones are actually engineered into the design of the car. They are there so that the car absorbs all of the energy of the impact. If cars were built like tanks (for example) they would pass the engergy of the impact to the occupants. In an impact, SOMETHING has to give. Car manufactures figured it is easier to replace a car than a life. So, when you see a car that is all mangled up, it does not necessarily mean that it is not safe. I am also talking in general. I am in no way shape or form saying that the neon is the safest car cause it gets all mangled up.

I'm sure you all saw the red SRT-4 thread. The occupant in that car survived a 100MPH impact and roll. Sure, the car looks like a foil ball, but the person lived and to me, that's what counts. The WRX has done great in crash tests, and IMO, is a safe car. Even though the SRT-4 is not as safe, I still feel very comfortable with it's ratings.
    Last edited by drizze99; 09-01-2003 at 07:36 PM.

BUT what I can say because I know this as a fact is that cars today are designed with "crumble zones" Crumble Zones are actually engineered into the design of the car. They are there so that the car absorbs all of the energy of the impact.
    That is CORRECT!!! Cars today are designed to deflect the impact sustained by the driver.

Now whoever said it crumbled like tinfoil kinda like a Grand Prix...yes my Grand Prix did crumble like tinfoil when I was T-boned...the whole passenger side of the car turned into a giant V...all around the side impact beams though!! That design saved my G/Fs life. She was injured pretty bad, but had I been driving something with out side impact beams she wouldn't be here right now.
    And no it wasn't my fault, I was the 3rd car in line, and as I crossed the intersection I was hit by a drunk driver who was doing 65 in a 30 zone!!
    Stock or something close to it.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.